rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:12 AM

Linny t:
 I would forego presents for time off, too.  Just the simplicity of having just a tree up for decorations sounds great, as well.  Simplicity creates less stress.  

The older I get the more I appreciate time at home. I really need the simplicity right now being so busy. A cluttered house makes my mind feel clutterd too. LOL

Linny t:
So, you're almost done with the mirror?  I bet it's beautiful.  

It should go pretty quickly from here. For today I just need to analyze the stain in the furniture piece and match it. Notice how I am breaking it down in what I have to do with it today. I have had to slow my mind  down into a One Step program. One task at a time. I have even made myself a list of today's  step for each project. Sounds rather crazy, but I have lived with myself long enough to know that when I'm this busy I need to slow down and take one thing at a time. 

Linny t:
 I'm so excited to see what you do on my block.  It makes me happy just to think about it.

Makes me happy too. It's so nice to go to sleep in the dream state of creativity instead of worrying you might have forgotten something or working in my sleep. LOL

We have gotten some of that lovely cooler weather down here. Nice breeze too. I'm going to take a time out sometime today with the dogs and let them run around and chase toys for a while.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:17 AM

Diane:

I think you are right Stephanie---to die for.  The more you look, the more you find!

So true. And mostly stitches! Each area is just filled with them, and the butterfly takes central focus and seems to float, doesn't it?  I could see a quilt of these for my bedroom.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:19 AM

Good  Morning Everyone,

Diane---- I love this block.  Butterflies are a passion of mine and this block is covered with them.  Then the work is so dainty and delicate looking.  I wish I could stitch this softly.

Stephanie--- Like everyone else I am glad to hear that your work has picked up but I'm also thrill to see that you may have a break headed your way.  All work and no play .... you know the rest.

I am delighted that it is Friday.   I only wish we were finishing up today so the kids and I wouldn't have to come in Monday and Tuesday.  But that is not the case.  We will spend today taking two more exams, grading,  getting the Christmas cookies Culinary made bagged and delivered.   Next week we have to go Monday and Tuesday to finish exams and then it home for the holidays.    I think we are all ready for a bit of a break from each other.

Happy Holly Jolly Friday Everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:07 AM

Diane:

Here is the one I wanted to show you

WOW! That is stunning. The work is so delicate and fills the entire block. Thanks for sharing Diane.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:11 AM

Having so many issues with this site again. Usually the only time I can post is early in the morning.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:55 AM

You know Stephanie, you are becoming so specialized in your work.  It seems to me that you could make very good money having those skills.  I hope you are charging well.

Robin--keep up the good work!

I am a real homebody now---sometimes too much so.  I miss a lot of activities that I should probably push myself to go.  I'm too comfortable I guess.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:13 AM

Robin:

Happy Holly Jolly Friday Everyone.

Same to you, Robin.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:17 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 I'm so excited to see what you do on my block.  It makes me happy just to think about it.

Makes me happy too. It's so nice to go to sleep in the dream state of creativity instead of worrying you might have forgotten something or working in my sleep. LOL

I get this totally.  I have a tendency to work in my sleep, too.

Stephanie:
Sounds rather crazy, but I have lived with myself long enough to know that when I'm this busy I need to slow down and take one thing at a time. 
 Doesn't sound crazy at all.  It sounds smart.  It costs a lot of time to leave out a step when you have to go back and redo the whole thing.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:36 PM

Diane:

I am a real homebody now---sometimes too much so.  I miss a lot of activities that I should probably push myself to go.  I'm too comfortable I guess.

I feel the same way Diane. My DH calls me a shut-in. I go out to the gym everyday and 4 times a month for quilting gatherings. Other than those I rarely go out of the house. I'm perfectly happy that way and I don't feel bad about it at all.

Especially after visiting my sista. We were out almost everyday all day long. I was totally shopped out by the time I left there.  lol  Although she really enjoyed it because she loves to shop and she had me with her to discuss things. My BIL was the pack mule and chauffeur.  lol 

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:02 PM

Diane:

You know Stephanie, you are becoming so specialized in your work.  It seems to me that you could make very good money having those skills.  I hope you are charging well.

Thank you for your interest.

I started faux finisheing in 1998. In 2005 when the housing market for luxury homes crashed, Mike and I expanded into the aged finishes on cabinetry as well. By 2007 we were doing very well  and when the market crashed in 2008 everything tanked. Even the wealthy were just having basic walls painted. Just enough to keep up appearances. We lost $50,000.00 in revenue a year and haven't moved up until this last few months. One of our customers inherited 30 million, another sold his business, and some designer work has started things coming around again. I do make good money for doing this part of our business. The people skilled in all of these areas have become few and far between. Most that strictly did faux finishes are out of business. We'll have new ones come along, but how much of a market the future will hold is hard to say at this point. Just wish I was 20 years younger. LOL. And I have to add that I thank God everday for the blessings and for still being in business, and for all of you that support me..  

Diane:

I would love to be a homebody. I could tuck right in here and rarely leave, and be perfectly happy. i"m sure I could fill my days with projects and wonder how I ever found time to work.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:08 PM

Linny t:
 I have a tendency to work in my sleep, too.

I'm happy that someone understands this. LOL. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:33 PM

Stephanie:
I would love to be a homebody. I could tuck right in here and rarely leave, and be perfectly happy. i"m sure I could fill my days with projects and wonder how I ever found time to work.  
 MEEE TOOO!  People often say they could never retire because they don't know what they'd do with themselves.  I enthusiastically tell them I would!  I have so many want to's that I hope I live long enough to do half of them and they all involve being at home.  Near the top of the list is taking naps, lol.  I would love to join the homebody ranks.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:46 PM

I know you ladies wouldn't have a problem filling your lives with useful and productive projects.  I was one of those people who thought I wouldn't retire until at least 65.  But when I was forced to retire, I picked up everything I had wanted to do for years.  I did miss nursing at times and I ask God what to do---continue to try to work or retire.  I got no answer so I decided to retire.   I hope you both can at least work part time at some point soon.

Stephanie I am still working (mostly thinking) about your block.  This work takes courage to get started!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:00 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
 I have a tendency to work in my sleep, too.

I'm happy that someone understands this. LOL. 

I used to work in my sleep as well. I'm so happy I don;t work any more. I do a lot of figuring out sewing/quilting problems in my sleep. So, the mind never rests.  lol

Oh I'm so bummed. I was part of a RR on this site and my quilt top has been LOST. I am the only one who has not received their top. I think there were 5 groups consisting of 21 participants. You know, I made the CQRR block to match the colors I used in the RR. Oh boo hoo ME!!!  I can't even get the person who mailed it to me to respond to any of my posts or PMs. I asked her to keep it while I was at my sista's. I sent her a PM telling her when to mail it to me. I never heard back from her stating that she mailed it. The moderator (like Linny) called her on the phone and she said she mailed it to me UPS and would check on it. I haven't heard another word.  Well whoever has it, I hope they are putting it to good use. It's not finished. Perhaps it is keeping them warm. God has a plan for the quilt top and I left it in his hands.

On another really sad note. What is wrong with people? I am so saddened by the school shooting in Conn. My heart just screams in anguish for the parents and loved ones of those slain and wounded in the shooting.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:22 PM

Lillie----try not to worry about your quilt top.  The mail gets slow sometime and it can take up to 2 weeks so wait to worry then if you can.

When I was a nurse, I worked in my sleep.  I know because I was told that I once said "Take the urine to the lab."  lol   I know that I did that for years.  From what I know about dreams, we are working out concerns and conflicts.  Now I have better dreams.  When I was in the dentist chair falling asleep I was dreaming I was shopping with Jane Fonda and she was buying a purse.  Much more pleasant now!!!

Page 292 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev290291292293294Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use