My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:11 PM

Lillie, today's the day your coming home.  I hope you have a safe and pleasant flight.  I bet your "stuff" missed you, too.  I know you're missing your Sista and kin and that they're missing you, too.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:17 PM

Darlene and Jo, if you're out there lurking I just want to say I hope all is well with both of you.  Jo, how's your kitty quilt coming?  Darlene, how are you all doing?  It Tim feeling better and eating better?  Hope so.  

Check in when you can.  I know life gets even more hectic this time of year.  Darlene, was your open house this weekend?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:41 PM

Linny t:
Diane, how did the sale go?

It was today and I am exhausted!  I made about $60 and it got me out for a change.  I don't know if I will make it to church tomorrow.  I'll see.

You know, I think we could have had a better crowd.  A lot of people didn't sell much.  We bought from eachother!!   LOL  Money is still so tight.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 337
Points 9,240

Someone asked about me the other day....I have had a sore throat for a week and a half and now George has it, too. We haven't been kissing, so I don't know where he got it. I thought I was feeling a little better yesterday so I took a new pill the Neuroligist gave me for my tremers in my hands and the neuropathy. Oh my, it made me feel awful, dizzy and I was seeing double once last night so I went to bed at 8:30.  I guess I will wait till I am really well to try them again. I have been following all of you even tho' I don't type anything.  

I was hoping that I had enough of some 2" wide red fabric to cut in half to make a frame around the cat quilt.  George cut it in half for me (it was on a cardboard roll) so I started sewing it on and when I got it on the top of the quilt, I could see that I didn't have enough to go all around the quilt, so I just put it on the top and the bottom. Now I am trying to decide what else to do. I have some 4" squares of cat foot prints that I thought about sewing together and then cutting in half and sewing around the quilt as a frame. I have enough of them to do that. Right now my head is too fuzzy to think about it.

Hope you all have a great Sunday and next week.    Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,010
Robin replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:16 PM

Linny,

Bless your heart it sounds like you've had a terrible week.  Between everything at the house going wrong and the wreath you have earned yourself an entire package of your favorite holiday treat.  I think it is very nice of the lady to make wreaths but I'm with you about her chosen theme.  I can only imagine how difficult that must be for you.  I think dressing it up with some poinsettias or things Nate would like is a wonderful idea.

Stephanie,

Sounds like your week has been as tough as Linny's.   You ladies deserve a hot bubble bath, lots of chocolate and a foot rub, or 24 hours of peace and quite to do as you please.  

I hope you both get it.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:27 PM

$60 is a good haul for one slow day.  All this talk about fiscal cliff has people holding on to their money.  I don't know why this has to happen right at Christmas.  It's killing the growth that should be happening now.   I bet a lot more kids will get socks and underwear this year, lol.  I'm glad you did well, though

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:32 PM

Jo, sorry to hear you and George have been feeling bad.  I sure hope it goes away soon.  That's a long time to have a sore throat.  Have you had it checked for strep?

The paw print fabric sounds like it'd be really cute with the kitty panels.  I hope you show us a pic. of it when you get it done.  George is such a big help in the quilting dept., isn't he?  You're a lucky lady to have found such a gem.  Since you both have sore throats I think you should kiss him, lol.  He deserves a great big smooch!

I hope you have a good Sunday and week, too.  Hope you drop in again sometime soon.  We love hearing from you.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:39 PM

Thanks, Robin.  I really appreciate that.  A bubble bath and chocolate are 2 things within my reach.  I don't know if I could get anyone to rub my feet, though.  I'm definitely up for 24 hours of peace and quiet.  

I wish you all of these things, too, dear.  You are one who deserves them also.  We all are.  Just some of us (me) whine about it more than others :)

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 10:07 PM

Stephanie---I dIidn't mean to yell at you about your health.  I really admire all the you do and accomplish. I wish I could.  It's just so easy to get sick when you don't get the right sleep.  Just take care.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998

Diane:
Stephanie---I dIidn't mean to yell at you about your health.  I really admire all the you do and accomplish. I wish I could.  It's just so easy to get sick when you don't get the right sleep.  Just take care.

I appreciated your caring about my health. You are a dear friend .I need to take better care of myself. I have been depressed and overwhelmed with everything and I'm a prime target for getting sick right now. I did find myself sleeping a lot yesterday. I know one thing. Next year I am not taking on any bring home projects at the holidays, and have made up my mind not to take on any more ceilings either. My back and neck just can't take it anymore. At some point in our lives we have to accept that we're not 20 years old anymore and have earned the right to say no. LOL 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998

Linny t:
That's a hoot!  Still, you don't strike me as the Grinch type.  Remember when McDonadls was giving them away with the kids meals a few years back?  I have a couple of those key rings around here somewhere.  If I find them, I'll send them to you, lol.

My sis would be so jealous. She's a huge grinch fan. LOL. I can just see it with little characters and some red and white striped ribbon. They have fabric out there with the characters too that small ornament additions could be made from.

Linny t:
It's like an anniversary of my grief to keep getting them.  I know it sounds like I'm ungrateful.  I'm not really.  It's a nice wreath.  Still I think I'm going to take the blue off and put some red poinsettias on it or something more like Nate - you know - jolly.  I just don't want to have another blue Christmas.  It's 4 years now and it's time to associate the holidays with the living.  Every time I look at it that song by Elvis starts in my head and before I know it I'm misty.  Does this sound horrible?

I don't think it sounds ungrateful or horrible either one. If I felt that way, I wouldn't have a thought about changing it up to make you happy. If she came to your house it might be different. Her gesture is wonderful in giving them and she doesn't have to know. Elvis makes me misty too....

Happy that you had a good time at the antique shop with Barb. They are such neat places.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998

Diane:

It was today and I am exhausted!  I made about $60 and it got me out for a change.  I don't know if I will make it to church tomorrow.  I'll see.

You know, I think we could have had a better crowd.  A lot of people didn't sell much.  We bought from eachother!!   LOL  Money is still so tight.

I hope the day hasn't carried over in the exhaustion mode for you Diane. I wish money wasn't still so tight. I'm still feeling the effects of that too. We'll have one job that we do well on, and then another that wasn't worth getting out of bed for . 

It is good to get out, and at least you made some loot! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998

Jo,

So sorry that youand George have been sick. Strep throat is running rampant down here from the people I have talked to. That must have been really scary too to have your medication make you feel that way. I hope you both get to feeling better real soon.

The cat footprints sound like a really cute idea for finishing the border off on your quilt. You're so creative.   

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:19 AM

Oh Robin, what a glorious time in your life and a bit sad as well. It just seems so strange when everyone in the house is an adult. Although I still think of my son as my baby and often call him my darling baby boy when we are chatting online or emailing each other. Funny, since he has been in Japan, we talk almost everyday online.

So good to be back home in the midst of all "my stuff"  lol

Diane-The block is here. Although I have not opened the package yet. The PO delivered a large basket of mail that I need to go through. They were not supposed to deliver until Mon. But, there it was sitting in my living room, thanks to the folks who were watering my plants.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998

Robin:

Sounds like your week has been as tough as Linny's.   You ladies deserve a hot bubble bath, lots of chocolate and a foot rub, or 24 hours of peace and quite to do as you please.  

I hope you both get it.

Sounds like something we could all take advantage of. It's such a good idea that I am going to do the first three this morning after I get off here. I have some luscious chocolate truffles, bubble bath and I had totally forgotten I got one of those foot massager things for Christmas last year. Sounds like a great way to start the day.  

Page 284 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev282283284285286Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use