My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:59 PM

Thank you Stephanie----I am very pleased!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:23 PM

Diane, they are beautiful!  What lovely work they did.  Your spiderweb is so delicate and the crystal butterflies are lovely.  I just love your chicken block.  So inspiring.  Thanks for sharing them.  They give me inspiration to work on Stephanie's block.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:59 PM

Thanks Linny.  I am almost finished the 3rd chicken block so I can put them together soon!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:50 PM

I especially loved the chicken wire. Just fit right into the theme.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:11 PM

Lillie:
I especially loved the chicken wire. Just fit right into the theme.

Yeah Lillie.  That brought a lot of great comments.  I don't know how she came up with that idea but this is what's great about these round robbins. You never know what will come to mind when 4 different people work on a block.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

First of all thanks for all the lovely comments about Keeley's Pictures.   We had a lot of fun picking out the finals section out of the 60 or so pictures the photographer had for us to look at last night. 

WaHOOOOO!   Diane's working on my block, diane's working on my block!   Sorry I'm just a little excited to see what she does.   The blocks that she posted this week are beautiful.  

Stephanie,   Enjoy your long weekend, you deserve it.   With all those extra long hours you've been putting in.

Today I will be attending a wedding for a former student.   I don't do this very often but she was one of the best and I just couldn't past up the opportunity to be there.  Plus I have to study for my test, which is Monday afternoon.  And of course clean house.  Hopefully I'll be able to work a little on Lillie's block.  I'm afraid the 1st is going to sneak up on me and I want be ready to mail.  

Have a great weekend everyone.  

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:09 AM

I really like the chicken wire too. I couldn't think of what it was to comment on it. It really is fun to see the different creative ideas that people come up with.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:27 AM

Robin:

Today I will be attending a wedding for a former student.   I don't do this very often but she was one of the best and I just couldn't past up the opportunity to be there.  Plus I have to study for my test, which is Monday afternoon.  And of course clean house.  Hopefully I'll be able to work a little on Lillie's block.  I'm afraid the 1st is going to sneak up on me and I want be ready to mail.  

Have a great weekend everyone

A wedding sounds like fun.My these kids grow so fast don'tt they? Best wishes studyong for your test and remembering the temps. I hear you about the 1st sneaking up. I'm starting to feel that pressure myself. And then there's decorating for Christmas. Ugh, this may be a minimal year for that in my house. Although if I don't take everything off the plant shelves and put the little houses up everything will miss getting cleaned up to go back. Did you know that Murphy's Oil soap is the best for renewing silk flowers and freshening them up? I fill the bath tub with a solution of it and swish mine around and drain. Then I put them all out on bath towels to dry. It brings the sheen back. Just a tip.Hope you have a great weekend too. Don't work too hard....  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:25 AM

Robin, have fun at the wedding.  It must be great to watch what your students do with their lives knowing you had an influence on that for a time.  I bet it will be beautiful.  Just think, some day you'll be watching your two daughters walk the aisle, daddy on arm.  How thrilling!

Good luck on your study and hope you get some time to sew.  A teacher's work is never done, is it?

Stephanie, I didn't know that about Murphy's Oil soap.  Thanks for the tip.

Today I'm having breakfast with my DS and then shopping for a birthday present for her daughter who's 40th birthday will be celebrated tomorrow at a cook out.  I have a full weekend of fun, it seems.  Hope I find time to clean a little:)

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:37 AM

Linny t:

Today I'm having breakfast with my DS and then shopping for a birthday present for her daughter who's 40th birthday will be celebrated tomorrow at a cook out.  I have a full weekend of fun, it seems.  Hope I find time to clean a little:)

Hope you have a great time!!!!!  Oh to be 40 again! LOL

I called Paul this morning. He's all excited. His appliances were delivered Friday and looks like the granite on Tuesday. That'll be the last step and his new kitchen will be complete. I'm so happy for him. I can't wait to see it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:02 PM

Stephanie, I had the best time.  There's a new JoAnn's in Sarasota.  It's only about 3 times bigger than the one near me, so overwhelming to say the least.   After breakfast we went there, then we went to a home goods store where I got a nice present for my niece.  After we went to Sweet Tomatoes for an early supper.  It was a really great meal.  Ever been to Sweet Tomatoes?  Since getting home I've been organizing and putting away things I got a JoAnn's - in other words, stash merging.  It's the next best thing to sewing, lol.  We both had a really great day.  She's so excited about crafting on Thanksgiving.  It's going to be so much fun.

I'm so happy for Paul.  How exciting to have his dream kitchen finally complete.  Does this mean the next step will be you showing him how to use it?  I don't mean the appliances, I mean cooking like Mom does...or does he already cook good?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,337
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:04 PM

Lillie, I saw your pic of my block over in media.  It is just beautiful.  Thank you for all you put into it.  It's so delicate and lovely.  Don't forget to post it in the Cute as a Buttons pictures thread like last time.  

How excited you must be to be going to your sister's.  I hope you have a safe trip and a really great time.  Maybe you can try to post some pics while you're there.  If you can't we'll understand, but it's always fun to see what others see when they're on a vacation.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:21 PM

I pulled out Robin's block today.  Linny, I am amazed at the detailed beautiful work that you did on this block!!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:58 AM

Linny t:
I had the best time.  There's a new JoAnn's in Sarasota.  It's only about 3 times bigger than the one near me, so overwhelming to say the least.   After breakfast we went there, then we went to a home goods store where I got a nice present for my niece.

Your day sounds like awesome fun. They had a Joann's like that in Orlando when I stayed to take Mike's mom back and forth to the hospital when his Dad broke his hip. I sneaked away one day and went in. Wow, I know what you're saying... I ike the Home Goods stores too.

Linny t:
Ever been to Sweet Tomatoes?  

Yes. It was great food.I really enjoyed it.

Linny t:
 Does this mean the next step will be you showing him how to use it?  I don't mean the appliances, I mean cooking like Mom does...or does he already cook good?

LOL. He's learned a lot about cooking. Every third or fourth shift he has his turn at buying and cooking dinner for the guys at the Fire Dept. He has learned to use recipes and calls me from time to time to ask how I made a certain dish. He hasn't learned to throw stuff together like me, but that'll come with time and getting creative with food and spices. Well, maybe not. LOL. He may be a little too structured for that.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:01 AM

Good morning Ladies,

Stephanie,  How exciting that Paul's kitchen is about to come together!    I know he'll be thrilled when it's all done what an accomplishment. 

Linny,  I love Sweet Tomato,  a friend of mine and I ate there the last time I was in your neck of the woods.   I thought it was terrific.  Glad you had such a productive day yesterday.   Hope you enjoy your party today.

Diane,  Have fun with my block.  

The wedding was very nice.   Of course the bride was beautiful.   My girls wound up helping with the serving because there wasn't enough help to go around.  Anyway they didn't seem to mind.    Other than the wedding not much got done around here except some studying so today, I've got to hit the books some more and hit the house really hard.   The lady who is giving me my test is also a friend of mine so I know she'll want to come to the house.   I'm always nervous when people come to my house.   It's a Depression Era house with wood floors that aren't refinished, a bathroom and a kitchen that needs remodeling.   We've done a ton of work on it but there is still a long way to go for it to look like I want it to look.   Anyway it's home and I've raised my children here so I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon. 

On top of everything yesterday my stomach and head seem to be out of sorts.   I wouldn't call it a stomach bug but they're just not quite right.

Anyway you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Robin

Page 264 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev262263264265266Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use