My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:25 PM

The site is insane to do anything with tonight.I've noticed there are more people online than I have ever seen.

I was a bad girl today. LOL. I went onto Shibori Dragon and noticed they were having an 88 cent sale on YLI silk floss. I don't have much of that in my stash so I ordered  some. Has anyone used YLI silk? They had some cute venise lace motifs too. Can't have too many of them.LOL. I  also got a skein of Olympus Sashiko thread. I've never heard of it, and my curiosity got the best of me on that.

Lillie,

Have you posted a pic of the latest work you've done? I saw you had trouble with the site today.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:37 PM

Stephanie:
I'd rather think of myself as eccentric than certifiably crazy. LOL 
 I really like this...eccentric, that's me.  I also like the idea of the God box.  It is another form of journal keeping in a way.  Better really, because you don't go back and read it.  You give it to God.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:43 PM

I just waited a very long time to make a very small post.  I thought for sure it was going to time out.  

I have some YLI silk floss.  It's nice.  I am interested in the Olympus Sashiko thread.  Hope you post about it when you see what it's like.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:31 PM

Stephanie---the God Box  sounds like a great idea.  I'm going to try it.  I have just the box for it too.

Tonight I went to the dining area downstairs and had a good turkey dinner.  Then my new boyfriend Peter came over so I had a good evening.  I am really excited about this guy---he seems so sweet.  He's the one who got excited about the buttons.  We clicked right away.  My therapist said God sent him to me to help me with the trials I'm going through right now.  He is very understanding about it all.

I got my completed chicken block back today and it's beautiful!!  When I get a picture if it I'll post it.  I am still working on the last chicken block and then I'll make a wall hanging.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:32 PM

Stephanie---the God Box  sounds like a great idea.  I'm going to try it.  I have just the box for it too.

Tonight I went to the dining area downstairs and had a good turkey dinner.  Then my new boyfriend Peter came over so I had a good evening.  I am really excited about this guy---he seems so sweet.  He's the one who got excited about the buttons.  We clicked right away.  My therapist said God sent him to me to help me with the trials I'm going through right now.  He is very understanding about it all.

I got my completed chicken block back today and it's beautiful!!  When I get a picture if it I'll post it.  I am still working on the last chicken block and then I'll make a wall hanging.

Thank you are for understanding and being there for me.  You guys are great!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:42 PM

Hi Darlene---------glad to see that you are posting again.  So sorry to hear about Tim's post op problems.  It must be so hard for him and I pray that he makes a speedy recovery. 

Thanks for your kind words concerning my situation with my daughter.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,079
Points 66,550
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

So much to read since yesterday.   You ladies have been very busy.

Darlene,  I am so glad you got a chance to post something.  Know that we're here and will be willing to listen any time you need support.   I'm praying for you and your entire family.   It must be so difficult when you are having to support everyone else.  Hang in there and hold on to the fact that in your weakness God's strength is made perfect.

Diane,  I am so glad you were able to get into see the doctor.   I know exactly how much it helps to bounce your thoughts off some that we acknowledge as being knowledgeable to validate the logic we're using.   I'm so glad to know that God has brought someone into your life at this point to spend time with.   I know that my DH is a consent in my support system.   

Stephanie,  I vote that you go to the animals this Christmas a total pet friendly Christmas tree with decorated with their toys, old and new,  and some treats.   If anyone could pull it off it would be you.   You could use all of their blankets and bed under it for a tree skirt.  Imagine how cute they would all be a sleep under the tree!   Ok so I've gone silly.   But you have to admit it would be cute.

Linny,  I hope your world is moving smoothly and that work has calmed down some.   I'm with you ..... I want Stephanie to post her shisko when she gets some done.

Lillie,  Safe travel to you!

The Photographer posted some of Keeley's pictures to FB last night so I download them so I could post a few of them for you guys to see.  We get to see all of them tonight.  Then there will be the process of picking out the ones we want.  If these are any example it's going to be a hard job.  

I hope you all have a great day!   Remember next week is a short week!

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:39 AM

Diane, how great to have this man come into your life now.  I'm so happy for you.  It does seem like God sent him to you.  Can't wait to see your chicken block.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:45 AM

Robin, Keeley's pictures are so beautiful.  She's so beautiful it would be hard to take a bad picture of her.  Still, they turned out so good.  Don't you just want to get them all?  The photographer did a great job.  

Happy Friday everyone!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:52 AM

Beautiful pictures Robin. What a lovely young woman.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:55 AM

Diane - It's wonderful that you have this man in your life. I'm sure God moved him into your path to help and guide you though these difficult times.

Darlene - So glad to have you back with us and posting again. I'm praying for all of your family.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:29 AM

Since you had such a lovely response to the God Box I'm writing the poem that came along with it. I forgot, there were actually two boxes. A black one and a gold. No author name listed.

God's Boxes

I have in my hand two boxes

Which God gave me to hold

He said, "Put all of your sorrows in the black box

And all of your joys in the gold

Both my joys and sorrow I stored

But though the gold became heavier each day

The black was light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black box.

I wanted to find out why,

And I saw in the base of the box, a hole

Which my sorrows had fallen out by

I showed the hole to God, and mused

"I wonder where could my sorrows be?"

He smiled a gentle smile and said.

"My child they are here with me."

I asked God why he gave me the boxes

"Why the gold and the one with the hole?"

" My Child, the gold is for you to count your blessings and the black is for you to let go."

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:40 AM

Linny t:
 I am interested in the Olympus Sashiko thread.  Hope you post about it when you see what it's like.

I'm not sure how long it takes them to process and ship. This is my first order from them. But I will let you know, and post a pic of how it looks compared to perle's.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:45 AM

Diane:

My heart just took a leap of joy for you. That's wonderful Diane. I truly believe God places people in our lives in times that we truly need them. Earth angels. : ). This is wonderful, and I'm so happy that you have found each other.

Diane:

Happy dance! Look so forward to seeing it. What timing!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:54 AM

Robin:

Stephanie,  I vote that you go to the animals this Christmas a total pet friendly Christmas tree with decorated with their toys, old and new,  and some treats.   If anyone could pull it off it would be you.   You could use all of their blankets and bed under it for a tree skirt.  Imagine how cute they would all be a sleep under the tree!   Ok so I've gone silly.   But you have to admit it would be cute.

What a fun creative idea! It's not silly at all. I'm sure stranger things have happened in my decor along the way. LOL. Eccentric. Not sure I could entice them into sleeping under the tree. Now even Gabby is trying to get under the covers to snuggle. LOL. Evidently she thinks she's little like the BT's. LOL 

Robin:

The Photographer posted some of Keeley's pictures to FB last night so I download them so I could post a few of them for you guys to see.  We get to see all of them tonight.  Then there will be the process of picking out the ones we want.  If these are any example it's going to be a hard job.  

Oh my gosh, these are gorgeous!!!!! Love them. Beautiful daughter and great photography.

Page 262 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev260261262263264Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use