rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,167
Points 111,240
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 11:37 AM

Robin:

Has there been any word from Darlene since the message about having to take her mom to the Doctor?

Not that I've seen.  Has anyone heard from her?  Darlene if you're following from behind the scenes, I'm praying for you to have strenght to cope and that your mom and Tim are okay. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,735
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 11:48 AM

Thank you ladies for all of your kind support.  Yesterday, the mother at the house called me to tell me that Thanksgiving is not good for me to come.  She didn't know that I had communicated with Danielle via email.  It just opened up the wound.  It feels like a death the way my daughter treats me. It's hard for me to remember that she has a mental illness when she is treating me this way. It doesn't ease the pain.  She may come out of this at some point.  Meanwhile I have to get back to life as normal for me so I can get some control over these painful emotions.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,167
Points 111,240
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 11:55 AM

You're in my heart and prayers, Diane.  Your daughter, too. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,735
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:30 PM

Linny t:
Do you journal?

That's a good idea Linny.  I haven't done that in a while.  It may help.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:02 PM

Linny t:

You should report it in the thread for that over in Forums.  Maybe even call them and tell them about it.  They may be able to walk you through it.  When you go to the group now, does it say you are still a member?

It says subscribe or add group or join group. So, I din't think I'm still a member of either of the groups. But, still getting tons of emails about them form everyone in those  groups!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,167
Points 111,240
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 3:21 PM

Lillie, I just went and looked at the MQ7 forum.  At the top of the page there is a place where you get to say if you want e-mails of replies.  It'sto the right and above the gray bar that says how many replies and followers.  If it says stop sending them, definately click on it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:50 PM

Oh Praise the Lord. Thank you so much Linny. I do hope that will fix all these email notifications.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,167
Points 111,240
Linny t replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 5:07 PM

I hope so too, Lillie.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:09 PM

Diane:
 It feels like a death the way my daughter treats me. It's hard for me to remember that she has a mental illness when she is treating me this way. It doesn't ease the pain.

I know this has to be horribly painful, but unlike death and losing her completely you still have a glimmer of hope that things can turn around and that yes, she may come out of it.

Diane:
 Meanwhile I have to get back to life as normal for me so I can get some control over these painful emotions.

Have you thought about gathering the small children at church and asking them to say a prayer with you? I remember when Paul was little and I was teaching him to pray it was so uplifting to see him so small, kneeling with his little hands together and asking God to Bless everyone individually. He mentioned everyone by name.

Sometimes it helps me to light a candle when I pray too. The light from it warms my heart. And of course as Linny mentioned Journalling. I use mine to find some beauty in the day. And please chat, rant with us as much as you need to. We're here for you.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:14 PM

Lillie,

If the emails don't stop, I  remember  one time having to go back into my profile, preferences and turn off emails that way. It's been a long time, but I'm sure I could go back and figure it out if you need me to.

Good to hear you are happy with your ESD order. I've always been happy with everything I've gotten there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 7:29 PM

Robin:
I'm not sure what all pictures we'll take the guy that does this is very good.  He did the oldest daughter when she was a senior.  But he is expensive.  However, I have loved looking at the pictures he took everyday so it must be worth it.  I really wanted him to do Key's because she doesn't smile for just anyone, but she is comfortable enough we should see her real smile.

I hope he got some treasures for you Robin.

Robin:

Has there been any word from Darlene since the message about having to take her mom to the Doctor?

No, I'm getting a little worried that she hasn't come back to let us know if Tim has made it home and how she's doing. Darlene, we miss you...

The site is slow moving tonight so this will be my last post for tonight. I had to share the funniest thing I saw on the news. There was a stiletto walk for Susan B Komen foundation and 300 girls and guys turned out for it. Yes, I said guys!!!!! I about dropped a jaw and bubbled over with laughter watching them walking in stiletto's. Some in costume, one just himself in pink cowgirl boots. The band "Kiss" had returned dressed in Pink. Imposter's, and I think I recognized one. I'll have to verify that. LOL. It was too funny, and a big hat's off to them!!!!

God Bless you girls.... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,089
Points 41,735
Diane replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:05 PM

What I have thought about is going to my psychiatrist to get my meds reevaluated.  I remember when she was 16 i had put her in a special school where she would get more support for school and the help she needed.  I was beside myself.  I was doing home care and in between appointments I cried.  She wasn't rejecting me but I felt so much sorrow that she was gone---to be coming home on weekends.  The doctor put me on Lithium and that took care of my deep sadness.  It's that way now.  I need to get my meds looked at.  The spiritual stuff is important I will be the first to say, but in order to function better, I need meds.  I have done all of the praying for months.  It worked for a while but now things have gone to a different level and I thank God that I have the insight to know that.  Maybe someone won't have to cart me away in a police car to the mental ward.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:42 PM

YAY! I think it worked. It's just wonderful not to be bombarded with emails from a group I am no longer part of. woo hoo!

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:05 AM

Diane:
 The doctor put me on Lithium and that took care of my deep sadness.  It's that way now.  I need to get my meds looked at.  The spiritual stuff is important I will be the first to say, but in order to function better, I need meds.  I have done all of the praying for months.  It worked for a while but now things have gone to a different level and I thank God that I have the insight to know that.  Maybe someone won't have to cart me away in a police car to the mental ward.

Ultimately, you are the only one that knows your body and mind and what you need to do. I'm all for anything that helps stop that cycle of sadness that you can't break away from. I've come just shy of going in myself this past week and being put back on anxiety stuff, but think I might be working it out on my own. Sometimes we can, and sometimes we just can't. There's nothing wrong with that. Thankfully they're available when we need them.  Big hug!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,539
Points 139,153
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:10 AM

Lillie:
It's just wonderful not to be bombarded with emails from a group I am no longer part of. woo hoo!

Good to hear Lillie. I about had a heart attack  when I first joined and saw about 200 filling up my mailbox a day. Just the time it took for them to load seemed like an eternity. 

I saw that you have already finished Linny's block. WTG, I'm just hoping to start this week. It'll be nice to have it in my hands again. 

Page 260 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev258259260261262Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use