rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 5:04 PM

Stephanie:
Sandy had made the prettiest paper pieced Christmas tree mini wall hanging. It looks like CQ. I want to make one too. She said you can make it in an afternoon. It would probably take me a week. LOL. I want to get one of those hanger stands and designate a space for little seasonal wall hangings.
 Sounds really cute.  I'd like to see it.  Has she posted it on this website anywhere?

I have been looking for those little hanger stands.  I want smaller ones, like 6" - 8" wide and less than 12" tall.  Something like that.  The one's I've seen are around $20.  I was indeed hoping for much less than that.  I have this vintage Christmas card panel fabric and I want to make them into little quilts and give them instead of regular cards this year.  I did find some fan pull hangers that were inexpensive.  I'll just adapt the hanger sleeve I guess.  I really wanted something that was free standing instead of hang up.  I'm still looking.

Stephanie:

I made a big pot of homeade bean soup today. I can't remember how long it's been since I cooked. Mike brought pork jowl bacon instead of ham. I was leary of it but I cut the fat off it and par cooked it to get more fat off it, but not crispy.  It made the best flavor in that soup. Maybe I was just that hungry for something home cooked. LOL. Either way, he has eaten four bowls.  

Yum Yum!  You know it's good when DH eats 4 bowls.  It ought to keep folks at a distance at work tomorrow, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,843
Points 60,855
Robin replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:50 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your day will be a good one.    I know that some of you are off for the holiday, alas my school district is having school today.   I'm sure that some of the children will take the holiday anyway.    This week is a slower one than last week.  We are doing a guess the cans competition for a gift certificate to a local store.  The money will go with the cans to the local food bank to help them through the holiday season.  My youngest has her senior pictures this week, so there goes a chunk of money but I know that everyone will cherish them especially her mom. 

I hope to have something to show on my brother's quilt by the end of next weekend.  

You all have a Magnificent Monday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:30 AM

Linny t:

I have been looking for those little hanger stands.  I want smaller ones, like 6" - 8" wide and less than 12" tall.  Something like that.  The one's I've seen are around $20.  I was indeed hoping for much less than that.  I have this vintage Christmas card panel fabric and I want to make them into little quilts and give them instead of regular cards this year.  I did find some fan pull hangers that were inexpensive.  I'll just adapt the hanger sleeve I guess.  I really wanted something that was free standing instead of hang up.  I'm still looking.

I think these are a little pricey for what they are, don't you? I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see something. The vintage Christmas card panel will make adorable little quilts for gifts. They can use them for years to come in decorating. My muse was crazy last night thinking of Christmas projects. What's a fan pull hanger? I should write the ideas down, cause with all the jobs we have coming up, and now, I doubt if I'll be able to get anything done like that. Who knows though?

Linny t:
It ought to keep folks at a distance at work tomorrow, lol.

ROFLOL! That was my thought when he told me he'd had four. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:18 PM

I meant to say bell pulls, not fan pulls.  It's the little bracket/hanger looking thing at the top in this pic. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:32 PM

Linny t:
It's the little bracket/hanger looking thing at the top in this pic. 

Ok. Those are cool.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:49 PM

Robin:
alas my school district is having school today.

That bites when it's a holiday. Good to hear that you've had a slower week. The guess the cans competition sounds like a fun event. I can't believe your youngest is a senior already. You still look much too young to have kids in High School even.

I'm looking so forward to seeing your brother's quilt, and hope you had a magnificent Monday too!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:21 PM

I have been trying to get on this site since my last post.  Always it loads too slow and times out.  Frustrating.

Robin, if it's any consolation, I had to work today, too.  I'm surprised you had to, working for the state.  Glad you have a slower week.  Maybe you'll catch up with yourself, lol.  Congrats on you daughter's graduation.  That's a real achievement in today's world.  This is your baby, right?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,808
Points 105,880
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:43 PM

Stephanie:
I think these are a little pricey for what they are, don't you? I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see something. The vintage Christmas card panel will make adorable little quilts for gifts.
 Yes I do.  Especially for what I'm doing.  The idea was that I could save money, not spend more by making them.  The fan pulls can be pricey, too.  I think I'm going to get the ones on Ribbonsmyth's clearance page.  I got 1 pkg. and I think I can make them work.  That way people can hang them on the wall.  They'd be cute in with other pics or in the kitchen.  If you come across any that are less expensive, I'd be really interested.  I'd make my own out of wire clothes hangers before I pay $20 for one, lol.  

This site has been driving me nuts all day.  I just clicked on where Robin replied to the Halloween thread and it wasn't there.  Is that what you were talking about Diane and Stephanie?  Mercy.  I replied to a post when I first got home, around 6, and it took forever to show up.  It did show up finally.  At least I think it did.  I can see it.  I've made 4 successful posts in a row and it looks like it's better now.  That of course is assuming this one goes through.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,843
Points 60,855
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 5:21 AM

Ok,  This was a much longer post before my finger some how deleted.

Linny,  Thanks for joining me on my "work for a Veteran Day".   My school district hasn't taken this day off for years.  It upsets some but with a calender that has to accommodate state mandatory workshops, the major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, plus accommodate the travel around these days.  It is simply not possible to take every holiday and still have a summer break.    I know that some folks would like for us to go to year round schooling but I don't think they grasp that students would still be off for the same number of days the weeks of the summer would just be complied with the current breaks then divide into three equal portion and place accordingly.  I prefer it in a chunk like it is now because it gives families a chance to go on vacations and kids a chance to work summer jobs.  The other way they will probably not do as good a job planning and kids will be pulled out of school thus missed work, and have to be caught up.

Stephanie,  Thank you for the compliment.  But Keeley, my youngest is a senior and turns 18 in just a matter of weeks.  And that's with her sister being over 3 years her senior.   I just age well externally.

I have found some time this weekend and yesterday to work on Lillie's block.  One of the things I'm enjoying about this rr is being able to see other people's work up close and be challenge to try something different to match the work that is already existing on the block.  I think it is making me really stretch some of my skills and creativity. 

Additionally this weekend I got a lot of studying done for my servsafe test.  This is the industry certification that the student have to take for culinary.  I have to take it and past it to be able to test them.  I'm having devil of a time remembering the temperature for certain foods.   I haven't studied this hard since by nutrition class in college.   Hopefully,  I will be able to finish reading this week and can review over the weekend.  My test is next Monday.  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,843
Points 60,855
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 5:49 AM

Ladies,

Connecting Thread has these hangers.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/tools/Wire_Table_Stand_and_Headers__DTableStand.html

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:34 AM

I love these hangars and I think they are super reasonably priced. You can get the stand and 4 different tops for $48. Oh, I just noticed that they've raised their shopping minimum to $50 for free shipping. It used to be $35. Bummer! Maybe you can find $2 worth of something else you'd like to have to reach the $50 minimum.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:32 AM

Linny t:
This site has been driving me nuts all day.  I just clicked on where Robin replied to the Halloween thread and it wasn't there.  Is that what you were talking about Diane and Stephanie?  Mercy.

Yes, that's what I (Diane?)  was talkiing about. At least if we know it's going on, no one's feelings will be hurt if their posts seem to be blown over. This is really a shame that they can't find out what's wrong. For all the money that's gone into advertising for the site, if I was new and experienced these problems, I wouldn't join. Maybe someday it'll be back to normal. Maybe I'm out on a limb, but I don't remember things being like this before they implemented that contest pop up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:45 AM

Robin:
I prefer it in a chunk like it is now because it gives families a chance to go on vacations and kids a chance to work summer jobs.  The other way they will probably not do as good a job planning and kids will be pulled out of school thus missed work, and have to be caught up.

I say, "Why fix something that isn't broken?" For as hectic as your life is through the school year it's nice to have a certain part of your summer vacation that you can enjoy. Kids too. Good luck with your studying and remembering the food temps. I realize this may sound juvenile, but maybe it would help to make something like flash cards with a pic and temp, or simpler like 180=ham etc. Sometimes when I write it, or see it, my memory comes back to it better than reading it. 

Thanks for the links to the hangers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,246
Points 134,643
Stephanie replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:08 AM

I'm having one of those days where I wish I could take everything outside and revamp the whole house, starting with fresh paint and new flooring. Not too much to take on in a day, is it? LOL. Instead it will most likely be some bookwork, laundry and the usual blah stuff. My DS will be bringing his girfreind for Thanksgiving so I suppose this is what has put me into this mode. Everyone likes things spiffed up for the holidays, Huh? His house is really coming along. He's hoping to have his granite countertops and appliances for the kitchen he and his best friend installed. I can't wait to see it. I love that he hasn't inherited his parents knack for clutter. There's still time. Once he gets married and has kids.LOL   

Lillie, will you be at your sista's over Thanksgiving?   

Hope ya'll are having a good day!

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,903
Points 38,320
Diane replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:31 AM

This website is driving me nuts!!  Linny, is there anyone you could talk to about it?  

Page 257 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev255256257258259Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use