rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:35 AM

Lillie:
If you had this yarn, would you use it just the way it is? Is it too large to fit the eye of the needle? Do you unwrap it? Hard to tell from this picture how thick it is. 

I think you could tack this down like a trim in different shapes or even make some flowers to sew down.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:10 PM

Diane:

Linny t:
 My other Daughter, Krista, graduated last week with her Bachelor's degree in psychology.

She is truly amazing---I could have never done it!!!

Congratulations Linny. You must be so proud of her accomplishments.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:11 PM

Diane:

I think you could tack this down like a trim in different shapes or even make some flowers to sew down.

Thank you everyone for your comments about this embellishment and how to use it.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:51 PM

Hi girls,

My goodness you have been chattering up a storm. LOL Loved reading all your posts.

Thanks for the prayers for my worker. Mike took him over his payroll check early and met him after church with his girls. He said it was everything he could do to hold back tears in front of the girls and gave Mike a hug. He's only in his 30's and will have a tough road. Good to see him taking the girls to church and thank you for your prayers for him.

Pretty boring here. Still much filing, sorting and paperwork to do. I must have been having too much fun with projects and company lately. LOL. I'm about ready to follow suit with Robin in having a nap. Eating one of those big Marie Callendar pot pies has me head bobbing. Hope everyone enjoys their afternoons.

Lillie,

I think you got lots of ideas on the trims. They really are fun to go through. I have a couple different ones of these, they'll be fun to play with.

Linny,

Big Congratulations to Krista! Hope you enjoy your sewing time. I think you're right about selling to have a tax write off for a hobby. She just came back from market recently too didn't she? Not sure, but I also had to stop and think. When you know a storm like that is coming just think of what she has to do to try to protect that inventory. Especially if she has a set up in her basement like a lot of upnorth sellers do.

Robin,

Sundays are the best for those erratic sleeps. I just go with it too and nap when I need to. You said having the gown was a whole other story? Did she have to have the gown before she can go?

Jo,

This is pretty wild to read of all these missing packages, and it's not even Christmas. Used to be working for the post office was a highly valued thing to do, and most that chose it lived to a higher standard. I'm not sure anybody cares about anything anymore in the working world. Hope your package comes through.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the congrats for Krista.  I'm mighty proud of her.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:31 PM

Stephanie:
Mike took him over his payroll check early and met him after church with his girls. He said it was everything he could do to hold back tears in front of the girls and gave Mike a hug.

That just breaks my heart.  That poor guy.  How are his daughters taking it?  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:59 PM

I had a wonderful day today going to church.  I spent 2 hours with the nursery kids and what a blast that was.  I am tired and happy!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Linny t:
How are his daughters taking it?  

I'm not really sure. Mike said the little one was full of energy and the older one pretty reserved. I think they are 9 and 13.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:29 PM

Diane:

I had a wonderful day today going to church.  I spent 2 hours with the nursery kids and what a blast that was.  I am tired and happy!!!

Glad to hear it, Diane.  It seems like you are energized.  I bet you're glowing, you sound so happy.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Diane:

Diane, I am so glad to hear what a wonderful day you had.  Isn't it amazing how being in God's house can help to recharge your batteries and make things better.

I can imagine that you are indeed tired after 2 hours with the nursery kids.  That is a long stretch with little ones when you do not do this on a daily basis.  Can be a long time when you do.  Still I bet the tired was a great tired.

So glad that you are feeling better.  Wishing you continued strength and health.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Stephanie:

When I hear things like this my heart just bleeds and I realize I really have no problems.

Stephaine, I am including your worker in my prayers.

You hit the nail on the head.  If we take a moment and look, we can always find someone who is in a situation worse than ours.  My problems are put in prospective when I think of things like this.  I have a husband who loves me and that is something to be thankful for.  His health issues are minor in comparison to the things some people live with.  I thank God for what He has given me.  With His help, I can endure the challenges I have because I do not have to bear them alone. 

So sad that we need to see other people's misfortunes to remember our blessings sometimes.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Lillie:

No appt. with surgeon today. He was running over 45 min. behind schedule and I wasn't going to sit there and wait. I will talk to my doc again and see if there are other alternatives besides surgery.

Lillie, so sorry that your appointment with the surgeon did not happen but I am happy to hear that there is a possibility of alternatives for you.  The suggestion of chiropractic care is a good one.

I might also have suggested pain management treatments but after the problems with the infected steroids that some people got and the deaths, I am afraid I would be leary to try that again.  Several years ago I did some pain management and had good results.  Not so sure I would try again.  My chiropractor does wonderful things for me.  I also see a massage therapist once a month and that helps too.

Good luck with whatever method of treatments you choose.  I will continue to keep your in my prayers.  Back pain is so difficult to live with and it doesn't get any easier as we grow older. 

Stay as active as you can.  What you do not use, you will lose.  It is painful to regain your stamina but worth every moment in the long run.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Robin:
there and back and no one died in the process, makes for a successful day

Robin, what a wonderful picture.  I can see why they liked the chef jackets and it is great that they get to keep them.

Sounds like you had a great day with them in Jacksonville.  What a joy to be part of an experience like this for the students.

Glad it was a good day and that you arrived home safely.

I am with everyone else regarding the sushi and empanadas.  I would not eat the sushi.  My fish needs to be cooked and covered in something unhealthy like beer batter.  the empanadas sound good.  I haven't had a good empanada in forever.  Tim doesn't eat anything spicy so I don't get to enjoy Mexican food as often as I would like.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Linny t:
Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday to everyone.  Hope that you all had a great day.  Gaining an hour last night was a wonderful thing.

My sleep has been so off all last week and I needed that extra hour we gained last night.  However, like Robin, I was up early and then took a short nap around 6 AM before getting ready to go to church.  This afternoon I hit that brick wall which pops up for me from time to time.  When it does, there is nothing to do except take a nap.  i set the alarm so that I could get up and make dinner for Tim.  I either slept thru the alarm or turned it off and went back to sleep.  I woke up at the time when Tim wanted dinner.  I think he fell asleep on the couch watching TV.  We had microwave dinners instead.  Not what I planned for Sunday dinner but at least we ate.

I have had a desire for tapioca pudding and decided to make it after dinner.  I guess that I did not bring it to a sufficient boil because it didn't really set up.  Disappointing but it was still tasty.  Does remind me why I don't make tapioca very often.  It is my favorite pudding when done right.  I just need to do more often so that I can get it right.

Because of Tim's surgery and the uncertainty of the future treatments, I  have postponed my open house which was scheduled for Sat, November 17.  I have rescheduled for Sat, December 8.  Closer to Christmas than I wanted and the weather becomes a variable for the day which I preferred to avoid this year.  I have a dear friend who helped me plan the new date.  She does crafts and wanted to participate in the open house with me but would be out of town on the November date.  She is available for the December date and said if I were unable to be there, she would run it without me.  Tough decision to make but I think it will be the best way to deal with everything.

I have been trained to work in the Artisan Shop and have worked two shifts on my own.  The shop is still in the growing phase and traffic is slow.  I have sold a baby quilt and a table runner.  Not bad for the first month.  I need to get some Christmas things in but wanted to keep all my Christmas for my open house.  I have been working when I can on sewing but my mind is flitting from one thing to another and I am struggling to finish something.  Before I hit that wall this afternoon, I was sewing.  Hoping to get back down to the dungeon for an hour before bed.  Since I napped longer than planned this afternoon and then had 3 cups of tea with dinner, I am not going to bed too soon.  I have no plans for tomorrow and can sleep in if I need to so I will see what I can get done.

I have been cleaning in Kyle's room and preparing for converting to a sewing space.  He is rather distant since his bed was delivered and doesn't want Mom involved in the process of settling into the apartment.  I took him some things he asked for and that is the last I have seen him.  He overslept this morning [even with the extra hour sleep] so he wasn't in church.  That is something which makes me sad but I have to accept that these are choices he needs to make.  Hopefully it will become a priority for him and we will see him next Sunday.  Anyway, because he is distancing himself from the family, I have decided the room needs to be made available for use.  Tim is frightened that I will try to put more into the room than it will hold without being too full.  The room will definitely not be empty.  The best part for me will be the seperation from the dungeon.  This space will be lighter and warmer and once spring comes and I can paint, cheerier.

Well, my sewing machine is calling me and I really want to get something finished tonight.

Hope that you all have a great week.  I will post when I can.  Thank you all for your well wishes for Tim's surgery and recovery.  I am sure that we will feel the peace and comfort of God's presence from your prayers and thoughts.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:32 PM

Thank you Darlene for your good wishes.  I'm so happy for you that your sewing area will be better.  It's an upside of a kid leaving home for sure!

Page 248 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev246247248249250Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use