My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:38 PM

Stephanie, what an inspiration you are!  You have lifted my spirits and I thank you for that!

What's that saying?  That which does not kill us makes us stronger....Well, you must qualify for the Super Woman title!

That's cute about the quarter jar.  I may need to try that one myself.  I bet after a year I'd have plenty of $ for the holidays, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:42 PM

Happy birthday Normajo!!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:53 PM

normajo1030:

]happy birthday to Donn!

Today is my birthday too; 74.   We went to Outback for their lobster and steak dinner.  Really good!!

Happy Birthday, Jo!  I love Outback you lucky girl.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:15 PM

Stephanie--glad to hear that business is going well.  You have certainly been through some trials as we all have I guess but you have risen above and that's what life's all about.

I watched to Voice tonight.  I have been watching youtube videos of all the judges.  They are so different from each other!!!  I think I loved watching Blake Shelton the best.  So good looking and such a nice tone to his voice.  It makes the show more interesting. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:23 AM

Linny t:

Stephanie, what an inspiration you are!  You have lifted my spirits and I thank you for that!

Linny,

Thank you for the lovely compliment. I don't think I'd have managed the last few years if it was't for you and my friends here. Having all of you and your support helped so much in shifting my focus in  life from worry  and fear to what's really important. I was watching Joyce Meyer this morning and she made a comment that Worry sees the problem, Faith sees the God that can fix it.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:33 AM

Diane:
You have certainly been through some trials as we all have I guess but you have risen above and that's what life's all about.

That's the beauty of aging isn't it? An inner strength develops. We learn to accept the blows that life has to offer and look past the problems into finding answers and  accept things we can't change and move forward.

Diane:

I watched to Voice tonight.  I have been watching youtube videos of all the judges.  They are so different from each other!!!  I think I loved watching Blake Shelton the best.  So good looking and such a nice tone to his voice.  It makes the show more interesting. 

I really do like the difference in the judges. It's fun to watch them banter, and Blake has a quick wit too. I especially like how supportive they all are. Unlike Idol and Xfactor, they don't crush people's dreams. I don't think I've heard a demeaning comment come from any of them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:38 AM

normajo1030:

Today is my birthday too; 74.   We went to Outback for their lobster and steak dinner.  Really good!!

Happy belated 74th Birthday Jo! What a nice treat to go to Outback. It's one of my favorites. Yum!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:40 AM

Linny t:

That's cute about the quarter jar.  I may need to try that one myself.  I bet after a year I'd have plenty of $ for the holidays, lol.

You and me both. LOL.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:42 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie,

How's your back doing?

I have a bulging disc. I have to see the surgeon this coming Fri. I'll see what he has to say and make a decision on my path forward. Thanks for asking.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:47 AM

Happy B-day Jo!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:56 AM

Stephanie:

Unlike Idol and Xfactor, they don't crush people's dreams. I don't think I've heard a demeaning comment come from any of them.

This is so true.  I saw on youtube on Briton's Got Talent where a guy shot himself after Simon told him that he was "useless".  The king of mean. LOL

I have almost stopped going to activities in the building.  I have been busy being ill with one thing or another for 3 months now.  I have so many challenges.

And I am involved in so many projects.  I have to order quilting and jewelry supplies.  I would love to have so much more to work with!  Oh well, I am really doing OK.  I just needed to vent!   I spend a lot of time on the computer with various things.  So much to do, so little time and energy!  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:03 AM

Stephanie:
Worry sees the problem, Faith sees the God that can fix it.

That is so true Stephanie.  I like that.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:17 AM

Stephanie:
I was watching Joyce Meyer this morning and she made a comment that Worry sees the problem, Faith sees the God that can fix it.   

I listen to her every morning while getting ready...my daily pep talk, lol.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:15 PM

Lillie:
I have to see the surgeon this coming Fri. I'll see what he has to say and make a decision on my path forward. Thanks for asking.

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:44 PM

Diane:
I saw on youtube on Briton's Got Talent where a guy shot himself after Simon told him that he was "useless".  

Simon of all people should know how sensitive artists are. I know He thinks he's being funny, but he's been around enough that he should be able to read "fragile" in people and know the difference in the ones that'll bounce his words off and those that may not. He's a sensationalist, and although I enjoyed the early Idol shows, it got to wear on me after a while.

Diane:

I have almost stopped going to activities in the building.  I have been busy being ill with one thing or another for 3 months now.  I have so many challenges.

I'm so sorry to hear this Diane. I guess I didn't realize on our day to day chats that so much time had gone by since you had spoken of events in the building, and your coffee group.   I wish there was something you could find to build your immune system back up and help you feel better.

Diane:
And I am involved in so many projects.  I have to order quilting and jewelry supplies.  I would love to have so much more to work with!

Wouldn't it be magical if we had everything we needed to put together our dream projects? I took a peek at your Etsy site and looks like you have expanded. How are you doing with that?

Diane:
Oh well, I am really doing OK.  I just needed to vent!   I spend a lot of time on the computer with various things.  So much to do, so little time and energy!  LOL

Sometimes the vent itself really seems to help. Just to know there are people that care. And we do. I will keep u in my prayers this week.

Page 242 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev240241242243244Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use