My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:11 PM

Stephanie---glad to hear you are able to hire someone back.  And your wildlife adventures are so interesting.  Get your camera out! LOL

Linny---Is your brother still mischievous?  He must be a lot of fun!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:33 PM

Diane:
Linny---Is your brother still mischievous?  He must be a lot of fun!

Diane, Tom passed away in 1998.  He was much older than I was.  Old enough to be my father.  In fact his first child was born 4 years before I was.  He was a lot of fun.  He would always make everyone laugh- always cutting up.  He was a great guy!  Mom said he was always jolly.  He found out he had skin cancer and was gone 6 weeks later.  It was a great shock to us all.  My gosh, has it been 12 years?  Seems like last year or something.  I always smile when I think of him.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,042
Points 65,615
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:45 PM

Linny t:

Robin, your school stories make me think of my school days.  I wasn't typically one who didn't do her homework for any reason.  I was more the anal over achiever always too worried about my grades.  A lot of good it did me, lol.  My one brother was like that, though.  He still had a reputation when I went to the same school.  All the older teachers expected me to be that way, too.  He would actually bring a little pillow to school and nap in biology.  He would also climb out the 2nd story window if the teacher left the class and hop onto the nearby tree, shimmy down and skip school.  Funny thing is he'd get away with it.  He was a real teacher's dream, lol.  

Linny,

This is to funny.  My oldest brother could have been twins with yours.   He threw his algebra book out the window day, told the teacher it fell, ask to go get it and then spent the remainder of the period trying to throw it back in the window.   When I got to high school I always hate the start of the year because in evidently one of my teacher's would ask if so and so was my brother.  That question was never a good sign and with two of them it was double jeopardy.   The same one who threw the book out the window spiked the teachers' punch at the Christmas party.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:44 AM

Robin, that biology teacher knew all 3 of my brothers.  None of them were saints, but Tom had the most courage.  Tom was the oldest and Gene the youngest.  It was 10 years since Gene was in school and probably 17 since Tom.  Still when he heard my last name he asked if I was Tom's sister, lol.  He was so boring that it was hard to stay awake in his class.  I did fall asleep in there once and dropped my pencil, so he noticed.  He gave me a look and I was so afraid he'd ask me where my pillow was, but he didn't.

Your brothers and mine would have been too much for the town, I think.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:42 PM

Talk about a slow day around here.  Where'd everyone go?  Hope you all had a good day.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:47 PM

Diane:
your wildlife adventures are so interesting.  Get your camera out! LOL

I know! I had a 35 mm Canon Rebel film camera that I wish I'd never sold. It had a wonderful zoom and took the best pic's. Although, I have to say got expensive when you take a hundred of the same subject. LOL. I love the ease of digital, but like everything else digital, every couple years you need a new one.  I'll work on some pic's. If a camera could only catch what our eyes see, I'd buy ten. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:50 PM

Linny t:
 He would always make everyone laugh- always cutting up.  He was a great guy!  Mom said he was always jolly.

That's just the way my younger brother and Mike's brother is. I so loved reading the stories of his adventures, and I'm so sorry his life was swept away so quickly. I'm glad that you can think of him and smile. You know he would have wanted that.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:03 PM

Robin:
He threw his algebra book out the window day, told the teacher it fell, ask to go get it and then spent the remainder of the period trying to throw it back in the window.   When I got to high school I always hate the start of the year because in evidently one of my teacher's would ask if so and so was my brother.  That question was never a good sign and with two of them it was double jeopardy.   The same one who threw the book out the window spiked the teachers' punch at the Christmas party.

LOL, Double jeopary! I guess. Do you ever ask that of any of your students? If they are related?

I had the opposite. My older brother was Valedictorian of his HS class, and I was the "crazy" one. I'd get more the lecture that they expected more out of me. ROFLOL,  thank goodness it was only one High School out of the four I went to that I had to worry about that! Thank goodness for Art Classes and English Literature in all of them. They were such a great expressive outlet. PS: He'd never let any of his friends near me and carried the most gosh awful picture of me in sixth grade to show. Years later when I asked him what was up with that. He said, "I didn't want to lose my friends if they ever hurt you." Awww, creephead. Darn, they were cute!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:04 PM

Yes, he was one of those people who believed that there wasn't much a point of living if you couldn't laugh about it.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 7:59 PM

Stephanie:
PS: He'd never let any of his friends near me and carried the most gosh awful picture of me in sixth grade to show. Years later when I asked him what was up with that. He said, "I didn't want to lose my friends if they ever hurt you." Awww, creephead. Darn, they were cute!  

That is so funny, Stephanie!  Sweet, too, in a big-brother-logic kind of way.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:49 AM

Linny t:
Sweet, too, in a big-brother-logic kind of way.

That's just the way his mind works! I carry my heart on my sleeve, and he does everything logically. I used to think he reminded me of Dr. Spock on Star Trek. LOL. When Mike and I were going to be married Steve took him for a walk and questioned him extensivelly to make sure Mike was going to take care of me. Mike was a little offended until he knew more of our background and realized that Steve had my best intentions at heart . I remembering him walking me down the aisle and I told him my knees were shaking. He said, "Oh Steph, you're just fine, and patted my arm. "

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:51 AM

Linny t:

Yes, he was one of those people who believed that there wasn't much a point of living if you couldn't laugh about it.  

People like him make the world a better place to me.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,042
Points 65,615
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 5:06 AM

Stephanie,

My big brothers were the same way.   It made dating in high school challenging since the second brother was a senior when I was a sophomore.   He not only didn't want me to date any of his friends he really didn't want me to associate with them either.   Which I guess worked out for the best because otherwise I probably wouldn't have dated my DH, so I wouldn't have married him either.    When I first started dating Donn he was serious check out by brother number 2.  After time they got were they got along pretty good, but bless poor Donn's heart he had to earn brother number 1 approval and that really didn't happen until after we got married. 

Today is Thursday and yesterday felt like it should have been Friday.   It's been a long week this week.   I am so glad to see it coming to an end.  I hope this weekend will be a simple one.   My CTE supervisor did tell me yesterday I could quit hunting a sink and buy the one I found, which is a blessing.   We have to buy and install a three compartment sink for Culinary and of course because of the drain it can't be just any sink.  You have to make it match a standard drain, so it's been a bit of challenge to find one.   Anyway send the email with all the bits and piece I wanted to the restaurant supply guy yesterday and I'm looking forward to hearing back from him.  Hoping with a nice list of stuff he will give me some deals.    Getting the shopping for culinary done will take a big item off my supply list.

Friday is the Hat day so far we haven't even broke a hundred dollars.  I'm a little discourage but every bit we raise is one dollar for a hat they didn't have.  

Hopefully this weekend I can get the four corner blocks made for my brothers quilt top.   I'm going to order brother number two a kit from Connecting Threads.  I think he'll like the warmth of the flannel.  Several years ago he fell off a roof and broke most of the bones in his two feet (and that was a blessing since he start off head first).   I think the flannel might give some extra comfort in the winter.   And if I make one for the oldest brother the second one will complain just to razz me.   Also I guess I better take the one I made for my inlaws to the quilter this weekend.   But I need suggestions about how I should have her quilt it.  I don't want a pattern like stars or such because I think it will take away from the quilt.   I'll have to post a picture so I can get your input.  I thought I had one but can't find it this morning.  Also do you back a flannel quilt with flannel?

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 6:55 AM

Robin,

The similarities in brothers is too funny. Our protectors, just as big brothers should be I suppose.

I didn't realize the challenges you had in shopping for a sink. Heaven forbid the school could call someone  and you could tell them you needs without having to do all that legwork on your own. You should start a journal for all of these extra curricular activities so the next time you are under supervision you can share it.

The Hat Day? Is this a fund raiser?

Robin:
Today is Thursday and yesterday felt like it should have been Friday.   It's been a long week this week.   I am so glad to see it coming to an end. 

I have to say I am right there with you on this one. LOL. I think mines reflective of having company and getting ready for them to come back. Not as much downtime as I'm used too. But it's been fun and an incentive to spiff things up. Hope the weekend comes quickly for you to be able to quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Had to laugh. My younger razzed me after I finished my sis's quilt, reminding me that I had made one for everyone but him. I told him I average one about every twenty years. LOL  It's going to be exciting seeing your in laws quilt and how to quilt it. I think I would put a flannel backing on back of a flannel quilt just in thinking they may shrink equally. And a very thin batting maybe. Does he live down here?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:10 AM

I woke up at 4 and have lots to do today. Some I need to do, and some I want to.

I'm pretty excited about some of the vintage button collections I've "won" on ebay for a very reasonable amount. Once again I ended up putting bids out on a few and won three of them. LOL. Mike is going to think I've lost my mind.  He should already know that by now. LOL Well, I do have those seven drawer boxes in my cabinet project to fill up. Heaven forbid, there should be an empty drawer in the house.  Hmmm, Treasure boxes? might be fun to separate them by sparkle, color, special, metal etc. I got one of those inspirations of decorating the drawer box knobs with a special button. Not sure if I want matchy or eclectic. Still need to finish painting them first.

• Post Points: 50
Page 236 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev234235236237238Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use