rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:02 PM

Linny t:
Used to be they had some honor.  Now a days there are a lot of dishonest ones.  Look them up on the internet and see if anyone else has had a problem with them.

I think it's really hard for me to understand this because my nature is so opposite. I have lived my life looking at people through God's eyes and would like to think I  have treated them as I would like to be treated in all ascpects. Just be fair and honest. It's so much easier than spinning a life through lies and deciet.

Linny t:
Those doggies are so cute it's probably hard to discipline them.  Hope their use of the rug is discouraged. 

It really is. They are just like kids.  It's to be expected that when you leave them alone anything can happen. I am happy it wasn't the couch or furniture. I think they need more toys to have handy. I saw it coming and was going to sew up a few a couple weeks ago for them to tug of war with. I feel partially to blame. Gabby still has a lot of pup in her.

The gold leaf was a load off the builder, and while I was doing it I got a brainstorm for a couple of vintage buttons that a part of the gold finish had worn off of. I bought an 18 karat gold leaf pen that I'm hoping will be perfect to restore the little flowers in the center. Inspiration is everywhere.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:16 PM

I remember going to a honda dealership to get my back bumper fixed after an accident.  The manager wanted to do the under bumper too even though it was just the outer rubber one that needed replaced.  Right in front of me---the guy took off the bumper and bent the under bumper with his foot.  Now they both had to be replaced.  What nerve!!  The insurance company said that they had dealings with him before.  They had to pay for both.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:45 PM

Diane:
Right in front of me---the guy took off the bumper and bent the under bumper with his foot.

Unbelieveable!!!! Makes you wish you had videotaped it. Did the insurance company or the dealership have to pay?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:57 PM

Stephanie:
Did the insurance company or the dealership have to pay?

The insurance had to pay.  I regret that I didn't go to his supervisor to this day.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:26 PM

Thanks everyone. I will keep my eyes closed the entire time I'm in the tube. Hope they have some good music for me to listen too.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:29 PM

Funny story Linny. Hope that I will fall asleep as well.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:40 PM

I wanted to share some close ups of my Tito---he is really beautiful!  In the second photo he is telling me "go away, I don't know what that red thing is that you are holding but get it away from me!!! You can see the problem with his knee---he almost lost his leg.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:26 PM

Oh, my! Tito is so beautiful!  He looks huge.  How big is he, Diane?  He would intimidate me and I would go away if he did that to me, lol.  Do you think he's more defensive with that wound on his knee?  It looks like something terrible for him to have.  I'm glad he didn't loose his leg.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:34 PM

Tito is really beautiful. Sunning himself I see. Is his knee almost healed?

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:39 PM

Darlene:

Today was supposed to be Tim's follow up appointment with his new oncologist to discuss the changes in his brain tumor.  Yesterday afternoon the doctor's office called to tell us that the surgeon who did his past surgeries had not reviewed the scans and so the doctor cancelled our appointment.  The surgeon who did Tim's past surgeries is the head of the neurology department and does not normally do consults.  We believe that there should have been a surgeon at the board discussion last Thursday.  We are worried that the fact that they are referring to the head of the department is not good news.  We are trying our best not to worry too much because we know that this is in God's hands and He will do what is best when the time is right.  Much easier to type that to put into practice.

Diane, maybe there's another reason all this is happening.  It doesn't have to mean it's bad news.  God knows and had a plan.  Just a little test of faith.  You are in my prayers always, but special for this.  Keep the faith, girl!

I'm sure having this in your mind has taken place of your zeal for sewing.  It's hard to be creative when we are afraid.  How long do you have to wait?  I hate that waiting.  Too bad your oven didn't wait to start going caput.  Maybe it's something simple.  If it's not one thing it's 10 others, right? 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:55 PM

Diane,

Great shotsof Tito. Beautiful colors. His wound looks very clean. Is that skin or his bone showing? Poor little fellow, he's lucky to have you to care for him. Hope he won't hold a grudge for having his picture taken.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 4:59 PM

I have never seen an iguana with so much color----the rust is gorgeous!  His knee is healed and the scales will never grow back.  He doesn't seem to be in pain and he lets me touch it so right now he's doing OK.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 5:09 PM

Linny t:
  He looks huge.  How big is he, Diane? 

He is about 31/2 ft long--mostly tail.  He does scare me sometimes but opening their mouth is just one warning sign.  He also hisses and puts hid dewlop down which you can see is open under his chin.  When he is relaxed it goes back under his chin.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Diane, Tito is remarkable.  I am so glad that his knee has healed and that he seems to be adjusting well to his new surroundings.

Hope that you two will continue to get along and have a bright future together.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,043
Points 65,635
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 2:21 AM

Diane,

He almost looks like he is laughing in the second picture.  But since I read the description I know he's not.  Glad to hear that his leg is healed sorry he will never be able to have his protective covering over it.   I''m sure that is a source of concern.   But it does seem  like he is adjusting to life with Diane,,,,,,the Iguana Whisper!

Robin

Page 228 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev226227228229230Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use