My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

normajo1030:
I stubbed my big toe on my left foot and could not do my walking. It is black and blue, you can see blue under the nail even. I have been wearing house shoes so as not to irritate it.  I have gout in my big toes and I sure don't want to make it flare up.  Ugh!!! Woe is me. lol

Jo, it sounds like you have broken the toe.  Usually a broken toe will turn colors almost immediately. Unfortunately there is nothing to do for a broken toe except  tape it to the toe next to it for support and let it heal.

From my experience, your back doctor's recommendations are good advice.  My mom has also been told that she needed to "recondition" her body thru exercise and rebuilding her stamina.  That sounds like what your doctor is trying to accomplish for you.  His advice about recording it is something we can all take from.  How true that if we do not record things like this, we will not stick to it.

I hope that your toe heals quickly and that you will be able to resume walking.  Mall walking is a great way to do this.  Stable temps and footing are a good start to being able to walk safely and consistently.

Good luck.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 9,400

Lillie:
hope it's not one of those long tubes. Never had one before and not sure how I will react. I hope it's one of those small tubes about a foot long that scans back and forth over your body

Lillie, I have had several MRI's and here is what I do......I close my eyes and keep them closed the whole time I am in there.  They give you head phones to listen to music, so I just close my eyes and pretend I am some place else.  It works for me.   I hope you get to read this before you go and I hope it helps.   Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Robin:
I'm sorry to be such a downer

Robin, this has been said but I will say it again--You are Not being a downer!!!!

I count this as a sign of how good "friends" we have all become thru QCA and the fact that you feel comfortable sharing with us is a compliment.  I know that I do not always feel I can/should share things with my friends.  When I can open up and share, it helps me deal with what is happening and also allows them to help me.

You are an inspiration to me with all you accomplish in a day.  Your plate is overflowing and yet you get so much done.

I hope that you are able to get thru this time of trial.  Remember that this too shall pass.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 345
Points 9,400

Stephanie:
Bella and Gabby had been playing tug of war with the edge of our large sisal rug and had strings of the rope pulled out all along the sides

I'll bet you will have trouble keeping Bella and Gabby from playing tug of war now that they hav found out how fun it is.  Maybe you should put some White Vinegar  on the edges of the rug after you have repaired it.  That might discourage them.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Lillie:
I go in for a MRI late in the day on Wed.

Lillie, praying for you to have peace while in the MRI.  I also pray that the doctor will find the answers to what is causing your problems with your back.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:56 AM

normajo1030:

I'll bet you will have trouble keeping Bella and Gabby from playing tug of war now that they hav found out how fun it is.  Maybe you should put some White Vinegar  on the edges of the rug after you have repaired it.  That might discourage them.

It's really kind of comical to see the two of them. Bella weighs about 20 lbs to Gabby's 80. LOL It was everything I could do to scold them and not laugh. I had some really sticky carpet tape left over and just enough to glue the binding back down and run a few strips to tack it to the floor. Maybe they won't be able to flip the edge up now. Thank goodness the top edge of the binding was sewn down. It kept the ravelling from getting into a greater part of the rug and looks good as new, lucky for those little stinkers. I'll have to try the white vinegar. Thanks for the tip.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945
Darlene replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:00 AM

Stephanie, sorry to hear about your challenges with your car.  I agree that you should think about searching for a new mechanic.  Good luck with whatever you have to do about your car.  In this day and age, it is never good to be without a vehicle.

Robin, your fall temps sound a lot like what has been happening in our area.too.  We have had cooler weather the last few days but today it is supposed to be in the 70s.  The changes in temps on a daily basis are causing my body to complain.

Everyone has been having challenges in their lives and now I will update you about what is happening in my life--

Today was supposed to be Tim's follow up appointment with his new oncologist to discuss the changes in his brain tumor.  Yesterday afternoon the doctor's office called to tell us that the surgeon who did his past surgeries had not reviewed the scans and so the doctor cancelled our appointment.  The surgeon who did Tim's past surgeries is the head of the neurology department and does not normally do consults.  We believe that there should have been a surgeon at the board discussion last Thursday.  We are worried that the fact that they are referring to the head of the department is not good news.  We are trying our best not to worry too much because we know that this is in God's hands and He will do what is best when the time is right.  Much easier to type that to put into practice.

My oven has been acting strangely and some things have not cooked properly in the last week or so.  If I am baking something like mac and cheese which is basically all cooked and just needs to finish, it is fine.  The broiler works great.  Unfortunately I tried to cook something from a frozen state one day last week and it was not fully cooked.  Still cold in the center when I put it on the plate.  Last night I tried again to make something in the oven.  It was a frozen potato thing which needed to bake for 30 minutes.  I had it in the oven almost 40 minutes by the time I finished things from stove top.  Opened the oven and the potatoes were still cold and the sauce was not even melted.    I almost took a turkey out of the freezer to roast this week.  So glad I didn't get a turkey thawed to find out my oven is malfunctioning.  I will be planning meals which can be grilled, cooked on top of the stove or in a crock pot.  Just had some major plumbing issues this week so can't think about a new stove right now. 

I have been distracted with my sewing and can't seem to wrap my brain around a project to completion.  I have three tree skirts in various stages of completion and no desire to finish any of them.  I have a Christmas table runner top finished and no desire to find a back for it, so it sits.  I cut out 180 5" blocks for a quilt yesterday and started to put the rows together.  This morning I went down to work on it and forgot to adjust my needle position.  Everything I sewed together this morning needs to be frogged because the seam allowance to not the same.  And so I sit at the computer because my attention span is non existent. 

I need to get back on track because I paid the rental fee to have the hall where I hold my open house each year.  I have decided Saturday, November 17 will be the day.  I need to get the Christmas "stuff" done for that day.  I had really hoped that having the month of October to recoup would be a good thing.  It has actually worked the opposite way.  Since I have no immediate deadline, I just struggle to stay on task. I have made good progress with some decluttering which is a good thing.  Just wish I was getting something [anything] finished for the open house.

Hoping that everyone has a Wow Wednesday.  I plan to do my best.  Now back to the dungeon for me.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,100
Points 42,015
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:14 AM

Stephanie:
So after they brought it back I go out and check it again and it shows it has been overfilled with oil and makes me really suspicious if they haven't added water to it to cover their butts.

I guess there are always going to be dishonest mechanics especially with women.  It's sad that some of them think we are so stupid.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,100
Points 42,015
Diane replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:49 AM

Darlene--my prayers are with you and your family. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,209
Points 111,870
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:28 AM

normajo1030:

Lillie, I have had several MRI's and here is what I do......I close my eyes and keep them closed the whole time I am in there.  They give you head phones to listen to music, so I just close my eyes and pretend I am some place else.  It works for me.   I hope you get to read this before you go and I hope it helps.   Jo

Yes, just close your eyes Lillie and think happy thoughts.  Last time I had an MRI, I fell asleep.  They had to take me out and strap my arms on top of my stomach so they wouldn't keep flopping down, lol.  I was embarrased.  When they were done, I was having a dream about my dog coming up to me.  As I was waking up, I said out loud, "Well what are you doing here?" to the dog in my dream. The lady giving the test said, "Well, I have to be here, ma'm.  Oh, you're still dreaming."    We both just laughed. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:37 AM

Darlene:
We are worried that the fact that they are referring to the head of the department is not good news.  We are trying our best not to worry too much because we know that this is in God's hands and He will do what is best when the time is right.  Much easier to type that to put into practice.

Darlene,

My troubles are nonexistent compared to yours. Have they given you a time frame for the head of the dept to call you? I sometimes don't know how you get through the days with the stress and constant worry about Tim and your Mom. I'll keep my prayer line open in hopes that maybe someone is on vacation, or a simpler explanation is available than your fears.

That's bad news about the oven too. I almost think they are cheaper to replace than deal with repairs now a days. Thinking about undercooked food makes you ill even thinking about it, doesn't it? The temporary microwave we got is a PIB. It's made for under the counter and I've had it sitting on the counter. It has a short in it and I came out to find the lights on and the cabinet so hot that I felt lucky that it didn't catch my house on fire. I should have spent $200.00 and just replaced my existing one. It's really a drag for you after having just had the plumbing issues.

I can understand why your will to do the sewing and Christmas stuff has waned for a bit. Maybe just a day or two to re-group and rest will bring you back to it.

You'll be in my prayers in the mean time.....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:39 AM

Linny t:
As I was waking up, I said out loud, "Well what are you doing here?" to the dog in my dream. The lady giving the test said, "Well, I have to be here, ma'm.  Oh, you're still dreaming."    We both just laughed. 

That's really funny Linny. One of lifes most embarrassing moments. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,209
Points 111,870
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:41 AM

Stephanie, glad your gold leaf went so well.  That's a load off for your builder, isn't it? 

I really hate mechanics and car trouble.  Used to be they had some honor.  Now a days there are a lot of dishonest ones.  Look them up on the internet and see if anyone else has had a problem with them.

Tug of war with the rug.  At least they didn't chew wood work or couches.  Glad you can fix the rug.  Those doggies are so cute it's probably hard to discipline them.  Hope their use of the rug is discouraged.  I'd never heard of white vinegar as a deterant, but it sounds like it would work.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,209
Points 111,870
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:42 AM

Stephanie, glad your gold leaf went so well.  That's a load off for your builder, isn't it? 

I really hate mechanics and car trouble.  Used to be they (mechanics)  had some honor.  Now a days there are a lot of dishonest ones.  Look them up on the internet and see if anyone else has had a problem with them.

Tug of war with the rug.  At least they didn't chew wood work or couches.  Glad you can fix the rug.  Those doggies are so cute it's probably hard to discipline them.  Hope their use of the rug is discouraged.  I'd never heard of white vinegar as a deterant, but it sounds like it would work.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:46 AM

Diane:
I guess there are always going to be dishonest mechanics especially with women.  It's sad that some of them think we are so stupid.

Not the first time I have dealt with this. The last one I caught trying to rip me off wanted $1800.00 for a repair that I declined and took it to the dealership. It was a $35.00 sensor. I was working at the grocery and everytime someone mentioned a repair, I told the story of the shop next to the store and told them not to take it there. I'm sure over time they lost a lot more business than the over priced repair they wanted to give me. What goes around comes around.

Page 227 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev225226227228229Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use