This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:31 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
( does anyone else justify overspending like that?

Never.    Signed, Pinnachio. LOL

LOL!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:49 PM

We did not pour the concrete top this weekend. We're still waiting for the concrete to arrive. Sheeish-what's taking so long!!!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:55 PM

OMGosh! That is just super duper. Thanks for the links for unique threads and needle in a haystack.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:57 PM

Linny t:

Stephanie:

Linny t:
( does anyone else justify overspending like that?

Never.    Signed, Pinnachio. LOL

LOL!

Never heard of the word "justify."  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:03 PM

Lillie:

We did not pour the concrete top this weekend. We're still waiting for the concrete to arrive. Sheeish-what's taking so long!!!!!

It must be frustrating for you to have that undone and not be able to finish the room off.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:12 PM

I'm past frustrated and into "whatever"   lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 4:15 PM

Linny t:
I have scoliosis and artheritis in my spine.  When I'm not mindful of my posture it can really get me.  It starts as a muscle cramp.  If I don't respect that, it'll go into full blown nerve pain.

That's exactly what I have.  I found out that I should have never gone into nursing with my scoliosis.  I only have arthritis in my neck that I know of---and in my lower back.  Getting older, If you sleep wrong, it can start something.  That's why they say "old age is not for sissies"  LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Sorry for the confusion girls. I spelled it wrong. It's spelled fyre works. I bought mine locally, but here's a site that carries it: It's a little confusing. If you click on the color card, it will show you all the colors available. Then you have to hit your back button, add it to your cart and pick your color from a drop down. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. It's the most shimmering metallic I've seen. Anyway here's the link:http: http://mscanvashouse.com/shop/thread_fyrewerks.html

I'm a lttlle "dog tired  out" tonight and haven't had dinner yet. If I get a second wind I'll reply to  everyones posts, for now, I'll just wish you all my best and chat later.

Big hugs!!!!!!   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 6:36 PM

Stephanie:

Sorry for the confusion girls. I spelled it wrong. It's spelled fyre works. I bought mine locally, but here's a site that carries it: It's a little confusing. If you click on the color card, it will show you all the colors available. Then you have to hit your back button, add it to your cart and pick your color from a drop down. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. It's the most shimmering metallic I've seen. Anyway here's the link:http: http://mscanvashouse.com/shop/thread_fyrewerks.html

I'm a lttlle "dog tired  out" tonight and haven't had dinner yet. If I get a second wind I'll reply to  everyones posts, for now, I'll just wish you all my best and chat later.

Big hugs!!!!!!   

Rest, dear.  You've had a long, hard day.  Thanks for the link.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:09 PM

Diane:
That's why they say "old age is not for sissies"  LOL
 That's right!

Sometimes if someone "corners" me and I'm uncomfortable, like they are too close and talk for very long I get a crick in my back, too.  It doesn't take much when you're already stressed out.  They say yoga helps.  Maybe I'll take it up after DD moves out...if DD ever moves out, lol.  You know, I say that now, but when she does I'll be terribly lonely.  I really love getting to be a part of Nate's daily life.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 7:14 PM

Lillie:
Never heard of the word "justify."  lol

Lillie, you crack me up!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 4:58 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you have a wonderful day.  

Linny, it will be a little bit before I send Stephanie's block had an inspiration when I pulled it out yesterday.   Got to see if I can make it work.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:52 AM

Diane:

Linny t:
I have scoliosis and artheritis in my spine.  When I'm not mindful of my posture it can really get me.  It starts as a muscle cramp.  If I don't respect that, it'll go into full blown nerve pain.

That's exactly what I have.  I found out that I should have never gone into nursing with my scoliosis.  I only have arthritis in my neck that I know of---and in my lower back.  Getting older, If you sleep wrong, it can start something.  That's why they say "old age is not for sissies"  LOL

Amen to that sista's!! I have mild arthritis neck and back, and in my hands as well. Funny thing, knitting really seemed to help my hands. I'm having sciatica problems right now. And it's in both legs. Going to the physical therapist, but that doesn't really seem to be working. The pain is less often, but still as intense as ever. I was looking for never and none.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:11 AM

Stephanie-that is a great site. So many threads to pick from. Nice that they give you a color card link as well. Don't know if the prices are good or not, as I've just started getting into threads/yarns.

How do you know how thick the thread is?

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:

Linny, it will be a little bit before I send Stephanie's block had an inspiration when I pulled it out yesterday.   Got to see if I can make it work.

When I saw this my heart leapt with excitement. This is too fun! Can't wait to see it...

Diane,

So sad about your mom. I'm sorry for your loss. I know I won't have any problem accepting a wheel chair when the time comes. And you're right about old age not being for sissies.

Linny,

I didn't realze that you had found fyreworks. Thanks for the links. Yes the candlelight is the one I was referring to being draggy and needing to use short lengths. It's a twist of about six fine metallic threads. Very pretty though.

My friend has scoliosis. She went once a week to a chiropractor, she said it helped, but I could tell she was still was in constant pain. Back problems are so tricky. Changing shoes, sneezing, an uncomfortable chair and just bending over can wreak havoc sometimes can't it?

Paul takes yoga and Pilates with his girlfriend. He really likes the benefits of it. I did some at home and I love the breathing exercises. 

I spent 7 hours on my knees on a board across a sink yesterday working on that bay window. I'm happy to say my feet don't hurt anymore, but you shoud see my  knees. LOL . Won't be wearing any dresses or shorts for a while. After I finished and stepped back I realized the glaze isn't dark enough next to the cabinets because of the natural light. Darn! Looks like tomorrow I'll be back up there. This time I'm taking a pillow to kneel on. Too bad I didn't think of that the first time. 

Have to say, I'm feeling good today. Motivated and ready to take on the world. I think the artistic side of this work is very rewarding to me mentally. The owner of the cabinet shop came in yesterday. The installer had told him what I had done and he came to see it for himself. Small world though, I had done some stenciled words in his shop when he opened it several years ago and we chatted and exchanged cards. He has two showrooms now. I'm  thinking down the road when I can't do this anymore of possibly approaching him for a job in the layout design end of cabinets.

I'm also ready to go and buy some more fyreworks. After I saw that color card, I have to have some more. LOL.

Have a great day!!!!

• Post Points: 50
Page 220 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev218219220221222Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use