Beautiful peacock, Stephanie! 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 44,405
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 11:53 AM

I've been having trouble getting on again like yesterday.  Does everyone get Cute as a Button?  I had to respond to Leslie there because I couldn't get on here.  So frustrating!

Leslie---I wanted to say that my DD best friend has that type of autism.  She is very intelligent like your grandson--amazing.  She has been in therapy for years, etc.  Her mother sent her to a Quaker private school with a small group and that's where she met my daughter in the 7th grade.  She was able to make other friends in school but now my daughter is her only friend really. Now she is going for a 2 year program for vet tech.  She loves animals.  I think she's doing great now.  It's wonderful that your DD is learning and wants to dedicate her time to these children.  I love my DD best friend too.  She has had to overcome so much and tries so hard. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:33 PM

Stephanie:
I thought you might enjoy having a look

That is really beautiful, Stephanie! I can see why you purchased it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 44,405
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:42 PM

Linny t:
It was a ball python, not a boa....not much difference in my book.  It was thicker around than my arm!

So it was pretty tame?  It was probably looking for a home and someone had let him loose.  So sad.  People should really learn how to take care of these reptiles and think ahead!!  Some of them get so big and dangerous.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 44,405
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:20 PM

Linny---I want to give a shout out to you for you excellent leadership of this group.  For a while I didn't understand the chat---that it is so supportive to each of us.  I just love it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,193
Points 69,375
Robin replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:22 PM

Leslie,

It so sad when a school system can't look at the whole child.  My daughter had a very bright and gifted young man in her class from preK to high school who like your grandson was academically gift but had aspergers'.   However, they were fortunate because of the small community I live in they were able to work within the school system to keep him in the class that were academically appropriate for him.   Since he had started preK with my daughter and several others he did have quite a group of friends.  However, because of the lack of social filters and judgement there were times others would be abusive pretending to be his friend when in reality they were usually using him for some reason.   Others would push his buttons just do get him stirred up and see if he would get in trouble.   However, he has learned that the friends that he made in preschool are still true to him this day.  They get together sometimes all 15 to celebrate occasions.  He is always in the mix and they are still there to watch out for him and protect him as much as they can.  It has been a lot of fun to watch them all grow up.  I hope that your grandson will eventually find a group of peers that he can have that kind of relationship with.      I hope that your daughter will find true happiness in the teaching profession.  As a teacher, I can vouch for the fact that it is not always the easy job.  However, I believe if it is what you are called to do you will not be happy doing anything else.  She will be such an assess to principals, students and parents alike with her insight as parent.   I wish her the best of luck.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,193
Points 69,375
Robin replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:24 PM

Stephanie,

I love your peacock.   Cracker Barrel is so much fun to go an look.   I some let Donn pick dinner places because I know he'll go there and I can look. 

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,658
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 4:01 PM

Thank you Robin, she volunteers at his school alot, and the kids fight over who gets to sit next to her, it's funny to watch how much they like her.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 44,405
Diane replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 4:37 PM

I wanted to show you all what I did in the other RR.  It's the vine in a figure 8. The block is pretty full and it's a larger block.  

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,240
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:06 PM

Diane:

Linny t:
It was a ball python, not a boa....not much difference in my book.  It was thicker around than my arm!

So it was pretty tame?  It was probably looking for a home and someone had let him loose.  So sad.  People should really learn how to take care of these reptiles and think ahead!!  Some of them get so big and dangerous.

It was tame....or afraid.  I didn't get to know it much, but it let me hold it.  Krista's husband used to keep snakes until he got bit by a rattler, so he took to it right away.  I didn't like that it had to eat live things and the little mice would scream so I had to leave.  I was happy to not have a snake in the house, although for all I know it still lived there somewhere in the walls.  It was a 100 year old farm house, so there were plenty of ways for it to get out.  Hopefully it got out and found by someone who wanted it and didn't have to worry about children.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,240
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:08 PM

Diane, that is lovely.  Such sweet little flowers and leaves.  Really pretty!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,240
Linny t replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 5:14 PM

Diane:

Linny---I want to give a shout out to you for you excellent leadership of this group.  For a while I didn't understand the chat---that it is so supportive to each of us.  I just love it.

Diane, thank you.  This means the world to me.  I just wanted it to be a place where we can share our lives and talents and be friends.  I don't know about you, but my social network (especially where sewing is concerned) is really thin in my personal life.  I love sharing my life and thoughts with all of you in this group.  You all are my support group and I love the thought of being the same to all of you.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:09 PM

Linny t:

Diane:

Diane, thank you.  This means the world to me.  I just wanted it to be a place where we can share our lives and talents and be friends.  I don't know about you, but my social network (especially where sewing is concerned) is really thin in my personal life.  I love sharing my life and thoughts with all of you in this group.  You all are my support group and I love the thought of being the same to all of you.

This was just the sweetest thing to read. I feel the same way too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:22 PM

Robin:
Cracker Barrel is so much fun to go an look.   I some let Donn pick dinner places because I know he'll go there and I can look.

It's always been a special place for me. I think because I'd always look for them when we'd go on vacation. Buying the little trinkets help me keep those special times alive. Everytime I look at them I remember the day. Sometimes it just the little things.....

Hopefully this is my last night for the restaurant job and everything will be back on track next week.Happy that you all shared in my little treasure. Have to be leaving real soon and hope all of you are having a great start to your weekend.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Fri, Sep 28 2012 7:26 PM

Diane:

I wanted to show you all what I did in the other RR.  It's the vine in a figure 8. The block is pretty full and it's a larger block.  

I almost forgot. Diane, your flower and vine is gorgeous! Love the figure 8 and the way it makes the eye want to follow the vine up and around. Thanks for sharing!

Page 208 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev206207208209210Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.