My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 9 2012 11:36 AM

You guys have made me hungry for pot roast, lol.

I love that CT fabric, Robin.  I love most anything blue.  It would make a really pretty quilt. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Happy Monday all.

Today's pork roast didn't get in the crock pot before I left for my Mom's dr appt.  Figured we had lots of time after her appointment to get it started and I am just getting back home.  Everything my mom had to do today ended up being done twice.  We got to the doctor and he had an emergency so we had to go back after lunch.  We had to go to the hospital for a blood draw.  Had to wait because we were early because the doctor didn't take as long as we planned but we didn't have time to go home.  The nurse drew her blood and flushed her mediport.  Took Mom to the first floor in a wheelchair.  Just as I was coming in to get Mom, nurse runs up and says " I drew the wrong tube.  We need to draw again"  Back to the third floor for another time around.  Access the mediport again, draw the correct tube, flush the port again, back in the wheelchair and off to the first floor.  Told the nurse I was running to the parking lot and would not be there if she got it wrong this time.

A simple trip to follow up with cardiologist took 5 hours and we need to go back tomorrow after 2 to have the monitor they put on Mom taken off.  Hope tomorrow will be more efficient.

Needless to say, no sewing today.  Hope to get some done tonight after dinner but now that I need to really "cook:"  no idea when that will be.  The UFO I am working on right now is not going well.  I ended up not having enough of the fabric I wanted to use and have had to find replacements to fill in.  It has been a series of "I can use ...While hunting, I found other UFOs which are distracting me from the desire to complete this.  It took every ounce of will last night to not put this project back into a box and start on something else.  Kyle heard me grumbling and was my voice of reason.  He told me that I have committed to the six projects I posted in the UFO challenge and I "CANNOT" begin anything else until I have finished those six.  Unfortunately/fortunately [depending on how you look at it], he will hold me to this.  Sometimes it is a good thing to have someone to hold me to task.

Hope that everyone has had a good day.  Check in again tomorrow.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 9 2012 5:49 PM

Darlene,

I'm so sorry that you had such a rough and unproductive day.  

I hope that tomorrow goes better.  I know that it has to be discouraging to have such a backwards day.  

I also understand the challenge with the UFO.  I have one that is really not appealing to me.  But I made progress yesterday and that seemed to help.  So hang in there I think there comes a point when you feel like your winning and it begins to look better. 

I think tomorrow night is stew beef in the crock pot.   I've got it on the calendar and it's easy to throw together.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 1:47 AM

Hello All,

I'm following along but haven't said much in this group. I haven't sewn much since the start of the year but today I worked on some hand appliqué at work and yesterday I sewed half square triangles for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt on Quiltville. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 4:10 AM

Kris,

I love Bonnie Hunter and the Quiltville site. One of these days I want to do  Maverick Stars. I love those wonky little stars. I'll have to check her site about the MQ, 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:09 AM

Hi Kris,

Glad to here from you.   I know that you have been very busy setting up the the paper piecing group too.   I am so amazed at how you and Linny find time to juggle everything you do in your day and this.   You both do such a great job keeping us all updated. 

I'll have to check out the Bonnie Hunt site.  I've never been to that one.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 11:19 AM

I haven't checked out Bonnie Hunter's site either.  I've seen all that's going on but been avoiding it so I don't commit myself into overload.  Robin, I don't know about that finding time to juggle everything...I feel like I'm so lacking in time. 

I have some cool news.  Audra started her first day of actual EMT training.  She was so cute getting ready for it that I told her I felt like I needed to take a picture and mark her height on the wall somewhere, lol.  She brought home her uniform and tonight I get to hem the pants and sew the patches on her shirt for her.  I'm so proud of her!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 6:08 PM

Linny t:

I have some cool news.  Audra started her first day of actual EMT training.  She was so cute getting ready for it that I told her I felt like I needed to take a picture and mark her height on the wall somewhere, lol.  She brought home her uniform and tonight I get to hem the pants and sew the patches on her shirt for her.  I'm so proud of her!

That's wonderful news Linny! You deserve a Proud Mom moment!!!! And she deserves one for having you as her Mom!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:01 PM

Robin:
Glad to here from you.   I know that you have been very busy setting up the the paper piecing group too.   I am so amazed at how you and Linny find time to juggle everything you do in your day and this.   You both do such a great job keeping us all updated. 

Thanks Robin. I think I'd get more done if I were more motivated.

Robin:
I'll have to check out the Bonnie Hunt site.  I've never been to that one.

if you like scrappy quilts you'll like Quiltville. Bonnie is the queen of scrap quilting. I think she uses everything. There are lots of free patterns on her site with wonderful instructions. The current mystery quilt is being offered on her blog. It will be removed in June or July as it will appear in her next book.

I follow her blog. She travels a lot and I learn a lot about America from her.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:03 PM

Stephanie:

Kris,

I love Bonnie Hunter and the Quiltville site. One of these days I want to do  Maverick Stars. I love those wonky little stars. I'll have to check her site about the MQ, 

Stephanie,

Maverick Stars is on my to do list as well. A lot of her quilts are. A group of us have been working on the MQ. Check us out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:06 PM

Congrtas to your DD Linny.You should be proud.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,084
Points 66,725
Robin replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:29 PM

Linny,

That's terrific news.   Congratulations to you both.  To your DD for  boldly and courageous going into a noble and wonderful profession and you for raising such a wonderful person.   Sounds like Nate has some awesome role models.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:30 PM

Thanks, Kris & Stephanie.  The sewing went well and although it was kind of late, she tried everything on.  She looked so good in her uniform and felt good about herself.   I saw that confident young woman I always knew her to be.  Yes, I took pictures, but she didn't want me to share them on here.  Just with her sister in NY.   It was a great night!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:36 PM

Thanks, Robin.  That means a lot to me.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 11 2012 11:44 AM

My day so far is a typical day at work.  One thing about it is that we're about to get some weather.  It looks like thunder storms and it's getting windy.  We've got a cold front pushing through.  For us that's probably more of a cool front, compared to what all you northern gals get.  For me it also means a fuzzy hair day and wishing I were at home snugling up with some sewing.  The only sewing I've done this week is the patches on Audra's uniform and the hem on her pants...rewarding but not really creative. 

How's everyone else's Wednesday?

Oh, before I forget, I am a member of Crazy Quilting International.  Maybe some of you are too and have already seen the post with the link to the blog about casting for a TV program about crafting obsessions.  The link leads to a post from a blog called Craft Gossip about someone who's doing a TV program about Crazy Crafters and looking for people to be on it.  Looks like fun, doesn't it?  Anyone else thinking of doing a submission?

Linny T

Page 2 of 366 (5486 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use