rated by 0 users
This post has 49 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220
Darlene Posted: Wed, Nov 9 2011 10:06 AM

Good morning to all. 

It is Wednesday and it is wacky here in WNY.   Our weather is rather warm for November and I am out of sorts today.

When I was in the corporate world, Wednesday was fondly referred to "Hump Day".  It was also our deadline day.  Our work week actually began on Thursday and ended on Wednesday.  Everything we did for the "week" had to be completed by 3:30 Wednesday for end of week processing.  The closer it go to that time, the wackier the day was.

Since leaving the corporate world,  I still find Wednesday to be a hump day.  It is the middle of the week and there are things that need to be done to get to the end of the week and thus the fun of the weekend.  Anyone else feel this way?

Well today will be a dreary day inspite of the beautiful weather.  I have bills to pay, laundry to do and phone contacts to make.  All I want to do is take my sewing machine out to the back porch and stitch away.  I hope to be productive enough so that I can spend an hour in front of my machines.

Hope that all of you have a great day with minimal wackiness.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 9 2011 11:52 AM

Darlene:
Anyone else feel this way?

Good afternoon Darlene. The days pass by so quickly, I don't know if Wednesday makes a big difference in my world. I'm home today, but things are hectic here with calls from Mike to email and bill customers, and try to book a flight for his daughter. Still tending to Daisy'e eye and catching up on chores. I have gotten a little stitching done, and for some dumb reason decided to sort a package of mixed sequin flowers. That took forever. Next time I'll order whole packs by color.

Hope you manage some time to sew and enjoy the beautiful weather. The beautiful fall days  go by too quickly as well.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Wed, Nov 9 2011 5:55 PM

Good evening Ladies,

I'm right there with you all.  Wednesday is is the point of the week where I ask myself it Thursday and Friday are really necessary.  But this Friday is exceptional since I have it off.   I am looking forward to it.

Got some work to do to make the weekend restful.  Check in later.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Well, the day turned out to be truly Wacky.  Before I got done with my chores, my mom called in distress.  I ended up spending an extra hour with her while she panicked about her heart rate.  She was attempting to be more independent than she should be and did way more than she should have this morning.  As a result, her heart rate became elevated and irregular.  She was rightly concerned but then didn't want to go to the ER.  Because her heart rate never went above 130 and the doctor told her to go to the ER when it was above 130, she refused to go anywhere.  I am not sure what difference 131 would be when her heart rate is at 130 but she was true to what the doctor's orders were.

I had a meeting tonight which I was trying to prepare for when she called.  I ended up taking my computer over and working on it while we talked.  I think it was as much loneliness as anything else.  She gave me the day off but needed company.  I need to have Kyle visit her on my "day off" so that she isn't lonely.  She talked about him coming over tonight and playing Wii but he had band practice and was unavailable.

Anyway, there was no sewing today but I think I can still get an hour in before bed.

Hope all of you have a good Thursday.  I will be traveling tomorrow.  Mom wants to go see her 91 year old sister who just came out of the hospital.  It is over an hour one way and we will need to spend time visiting.  Don't plan on much creative time unless I get to do some crocheting while visiting.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Darlene,

I hope your Mom's ok, and that you enjoy your visit tomorrow.

Robin,

Nice that you'll have Friday off this week, and hopefully a long enjoyable weekend. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 5:13 AM

Darlene,

I'm so sorry that your mom cause you such a scare.  I can relate to wheeling and dealing with Mom is a stubborn mode.  Mine has frequently gone there over the years especially when it involves health related issues.    I hope that the two of you have the best day!  That there will be much joy and laughter as you ride along together.

Robin

Stephanie,

I hope you have a great rest of the week and that your weekend will be productive.

Slip Sliding Thursday is truly slippery this week.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 6:43 PM

Robin:

Stephanie,

I hope you have a great rest of the week and that your weekend will be productive.

Thank you Robin. I have a Baby Shower Saturday. I can't remember how long it has been since I have been to one. Looking forward to it. She is our veternarian and the wife of the owner of the Paint Store we frequent. Both wonderful, caring,  people.

Got my new glasses today. OMG! I can see again! I think I can see so well that I can even count threads in 200 count cotton. LOL. Kidding of course, but it is wonderful to have bright clear lenses, and I even like the style of the frames. A rare moment in my glasses history.  Got an email that ESD is having a ginormous sale. Have to go see what I can't live without. LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Robin:
so sorry that your mom cause you such a scare

Thank you Robin for your concern.  It is always a scare when she calls with the tone of voice she had yesterday.

Robin:
I hope that the two of you have the best day!  That there will be much joy and laughter as you ride along together.

We did have a great ride.  She took it so easy and enjoyed the visit with her sister and nephew.  We stopped for lunch after leaving, we had some fun joking about the corner we had a close call last year when we went to see my aunt and talked seriously about health and her future.

Hope that you all had a good Thursday which slipped and slid away so that we can all be ready for Friday.  Have a good day tomorrow and remember the veterans in your life.  They deserve so much more than we can ever give them.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 11 2011 6:05 AM

Hey Stephanie,

I got new glasses last Saturday!   You are so right about the joy of being able to see again.  

Have fun at your baby shower, I know you have a good time.

Darlene,

I am so glad that you had a good day with your mom.   Those are such precious times.  I hope that you will have many more of those.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Nov 11 2011 6:28 PM

Robin,

Congrat's on your new glasses too! Thanks for the well wishes about the shower tomorrow. It'll be exciting to meet some of the families friends and family too.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Good morning all.  Yesterday was not a completely Terrific Tuesday and I am envisioning another Wacky Wednesday today.

Took Kyle to the recruiter's office and said our good byes in the parking lot.  A while later while preparing a dish to pass for a pot luck Christmas party, Kyle calls me to let me know that the "bus is full" and there was no way for him to get to the base for his processing.  It was now after 1 PM and he had to be there before 4 or f orfeit his appointment.  A little more than an hour drive.  "Mom, can you drive me??"

Of course, I dropped everything and took him.  It was good that we had the time to talk while driving.  Some of the best conversations I have had with my son have been while making long distance drives.

The Christmas party was nice but my casserole was slightly charred from lack of attendance while I was driving. I should have had the oven set lower but everyone ate what wasn't burnt to the pan.   My mom went with me to the party and enjoyed the chance to get out of her apartment.

So on to the Wacky Wednesday part.  While at the party last night, my dear friend who helps me out frequently when in a last minute crunch to finish a project, says "so what are you doing tomorrow, Dar?",  She has to repurpose old altar pieces into 5 banners for Christmas Eve. and I said "sure, what time?"

I still have elf work to complete, not entirely sure my child won't call asking for a ride home and have someone coming to discuss replacing our furnace.  Can youi say "WACKY"

Oh well, I need to get some serious sewing in before I head out to help with the banners.

Hope you all have a great day.  Happy Elfing.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Wacky Wednesday just became Wonderful Wednesday.

I just received confirmation of payment for my first sale thru Etsy.

Off to package up this quilt so that I can stop at post office to ship to Kentucky.

What a wonderful way to start the day!!

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 11:10 AM

Darlene:

Wacky Wednesday just became Wonderful Wednesday.

I just received confirmation of payment for my first sale thru Etsy.

Off to package up this quilt so that I can stop at post office to ship to Kentucky.

What a wonderful way to start the day!!

Congratulations, Darlene.  Glad it turned around for you. 

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Linny t:
Wacky Wednesday just became Wonderful Wednesday

Well, Wednesday turned wacky again.  Kyle went for his medical processing and was medically disqualified from any military service because of a rash he has had cleared to be non contagious but because he uses a steriod cream periodically, the military does not want him.  He may be able to get an Air Force waiver for this because it is not contagious but there is only a 50% chance of the waiver.  The chief medical officer talked with him and told Kyle he will make a recommendation in favor of the waiver but who knows.  The recruiter had told us this was not an issue and had already been waived.  Waiver could take up to two (2) months.

Needless to say, he is a very deflated young man right now.  We are praying lots tonight that there will be a turn of events but today was very tough for this young man who has never wanted to do anything except serve in the military.  He is praying that this is a matter of God testing his determination.  I think this may be Satan trying to discourage him and turn him away from this.

Either way, praying for a better day tomorrow.  Worst of all, I have a sore throat and got no sewing done today.  Tim has been sick and it looks like it caught up to me.  I tend to push the envelope this time of year and get sick but usually wait until after Christmas.  Looks like tomorrow will be a slow down and rest day.

Have a good night all and a good day tomorrow elfing away.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,256
Points 112,705
Linny t replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 9:50 PM

Oh, man, Darlene!  Kyle must have been so dissapointed.  I'm sure that if it's God's wlll, that waiver will come through just at the right time.  Nothing ever happens without a reason, so maybe there's something else in the future that can't be forseen.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  Life sure does have it's ups and downs, doesn't it?  Maybe it won't last long if you do take a little rest.

Linny T

Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use