It's FRIDAY!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 229 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin Posted: Fri, Oct 14 2011 5:20 AM

I thought it might be fun to see what everyone had planned for this upcoming weekend.   No pressure just fun.

What is the one thing you plan to accomplish this weekend?   Quilting or not.

I hope this weekend to tackle the weeds in my back yard.  They're the ones with the white and yellow flowers and stickers.   They always get away from me in August.  I can't figure out how to get them out of my yard so this is a never ending problem.  But the stickers are really dry now and the dog is bringing them in her coat and that is making a mess, so it must be done.   Would love any suggest on how to permanently remove these weeds.

Also I'm two blocks from 70 on my FWS so I hope to have time to do at least those two blocks.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 9:46 AM

Robin,

I think now is the time in Fl to apply a weed and feed. It will take care of those sand spurs and fertilize your lawn at the same time. I hate thos prickly little things. Those and the fuzzy ones that stick to everything!

Congrat's on pressing onto 70 FWS blocks.

Today I'm still filling out forms trying to update my FEIN number change, and studying tax related information. Mind boggling, but it has to be done. After that I have new steps for MQ5 and some housework to catch up on. Hopefully will have tomorrow off to work on CQ, but if not Sunday.....   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 11:08 AM

Happy Friday, everyone!  It's my last day of vacation from my boss...he comes back Monday :(  I have been able to work this week without him constantly jerking me around and it has been sooooo nice. 

This weekend I'm going with my sister and sister-in-law to a free demo of acrylic and painting techniques.  Not something I'm into right now, but it's at Keetons and I LOVE going to that store.  They have an extensive artist supply section.  I can get hard to find stuff there, like inks, paints & dyes for fiber.  I always feel so smart when I shop there for some reason, lol.  After that we'll have lunch and if it's not too late, there's a watercolor exhibit and the local art center.  It's supposed to be beautiful out this weekend in Florida, so I'm going out in it.  Saturday evening and Sunday will be sewing time mixed with laundry/housework.  Oh, I'm going to watch my grandson some tomorrow evening while DD studies for her mid-terms.

I should stay home and get rid of my weeds with the little flowers with the hitch hikers on them.  I don't know how to get rid of them, Robin, except to keep predating on them before they start to flower and even that doesn't work..  This year was a bumper crop, I swear.  The bees and butterflies sure love them.  They grow in the ditch behind my house and have gotten taller than my fence this year.  They grow through the fence and the dog likes to sniff along the fence, so they come in the house with her.  I know exactly what you're talking about here.  What a pain, right?  My advise, wear a hat when you pull them up so they don't get those hitch hikers in your own hair. 

Congrats on block 70 this weekend! 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 11:10 AM

Stephanie:
Today I'm still filling out forms trying to update my FEIN number change, and studying tax related information. Mind boggling, but it has to be done.

The joys of owning your own company, right?  I hate that kind of dry, boaring information that you have to "get".

Have fun with MQ5.  It'll be fun to see what the next step looks like.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 6:58 PM

I complete the 70th block on my FWS and it's still Friday!!!!!

Also posted BOM for the month of September.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,883
Points 367,042
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:05 PM

WTG Robin.

I'm at work but I did manage to complete a DJ block and did all the appliqué on my next mini quilt. I also have some hand embroidery with me but I'm thinking of going home early. Not much happening right now.

I plan on going to the Cocheco quilt show in Rochester NH tomorrow and Sunday I'll work on MQ5 while I watch football.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,883
Points 367,042
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:12 PM

Stephanie:
Today I'm still filling out forms trying to update my FEIN number change, and studying tax related information. Mind boggling, but it has to be done.

Stephanie,

this reminded me a something I saw at the retreat in WA:

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 10:37 PM

Robin:

TaaaDaaah!!!!  Congratulations, Robin!!!!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 10:39 PM

That's so funny, Kris.  I can't wait to see what Stephanie says about it, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 7:19 AM

Change of plans.

I forgot this is Founders' Day at a local church in the middle of the woods up here.  So we're off to Hickory Grove for Founder's Day.  Then it's out to school to do some work, maybe.

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:10 AM

Robin:

Ok, Robin... please forgive my cluelessness, but what is FWS?  That has been driving me crazy trying to figure it out...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:39 PM

Kris:

Stephanie:

Stephanie,

this reminded me a something I saw at the retreat in WA:

Kris,

ROFLOL. I'd rather have had more kids!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:45 PM

Claudette:

Robin:

Ok, Robin... please forgive my cluelessness, but what is FWS?  That has been driving me crazy trying to figure it out...

Claudette,

The FWS stands for Farmers Wife Sampler. It's a group here on QCA. I have 25 blocks finished, and became obsessed with CQ. I'll get back to them though, because I really like the fabrics I'm using. Need to be a little more organized and unpile my cutting table. LOL. If I can get them cut, I can do them as I go along. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 1:48 PM

Linny t:

This weekend I'm going with my sister and sister-in-law to a free demo of acrylic and painting techniques.  Not something I'm into right now, but it's at Keetons and I LOVE going to that store.  They have an extensive artist supply section.  I can get hard to find stuff there, like inks, paints & dyes for fiber.  I always feel so smart when I shop there for some reason, lol.  After that we'll have lunch and if it's not too late, there's a watercolor exhibit and the local art center.  It's supposed to be beautiful out this weekend in Florida, so I'm going out in it.  Saturday evening and Sunday will be sewing time mixed with laundry/housework.  Oh, I'm going to watch my grandson some tomorrow evening while DD studies for her mid-terms.

Linny,

Sounds like a fun day you have planned. Hope you have a great time!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 7:33 PM

Had a more productive day than I expect.    When to the Founder's Day Celebration, got the weeds pulled and cut out an Irish Chain for my nieces Christmas throw.   I always make a lap quilt for my nieces and nephews when the graduate from high school, I always give them the quilt for a Christmas present.   This particular niece loves Irish lore so I'm going to make an Irish Chain in various shades of green.  I'm hoping to make Irish knots to go in the corners and center block.

Robin

Page 1 of 16 (230 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use