CQ Stash Envy!

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 11:21 AM

This Nifty Thrifty dry goods is not so thrifty for me.  I think $30 is a little steep for what they give you.  But then, I look in thrift stores alot for my stash.  I am in a fabric club with Keepsake quilting costing me about $18 a month for 6 fat quarters.  They have a lot of choices and you can take a break when you need to.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 11:23 AM

Nifty Thrifty has some interesting trims---hard to find I think.  I love the Halloween one!  I love the pumpkin lace.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 1:04 PM

Diane:

This Nifty Thrifty dry goods is not so thrifty for me.  I think $30 is a little steep for what they give you.  But then, I look in thrift stores alot for my stash.  I am in a fabric club with Keepsake quilting costing me about $18 a month for 6 fat quarters.  They have a lot of choices and you can take a break when you need to.

I'm with you on that Diane.  Still it's nice to see it all together like that.  If nothing else it gives you an idea of what to look for in your mind while you're out and about looking with that open creative mind we CQrs have.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 1:05 PM

Diane:

Nifty Thrifty has some interesting trims---hard to find I think.  I love the Halloween one!  I love the pumpkin lace.

Did you see the ghost trim?  I thought that was cool.

Not stuff you see every day.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 4:24 PM

I checked out the ghost trim---never seen anything like it!  Very nice.  I don't know where I would find such things on my own.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 7:32 PM

Diane:

I checked out the ghost trim---never seen anything like it!  Very nice.  I don't know where I would find such things on my own.

Did you see the smaller trim packages?  10 pcs. 1/2 yd ea for $10.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,183
Points 69,160
Robin replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 7:03 AM

Ladies,

I found the pack of trims you were talking about and your are so right about the ghost trim.  It looks as dainty as a piece of eyelet.   Maybe it will pop up somewhere in my travels.  I would love to have a piece for my October block.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 7:49 AM

That was a neat site. I didn't see the smaller package and will have to go back and check it out again.

I was really surprized that our local Joanns has bumped up on their trims and laces, with more of them being sold as packages instead of by the yard. Makes me hopeful that more people are doing CQ's and projects and the demand for these have risen. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 8:18 AM

Stephanie:

I was really surprized that our local Joanns has bumped up on their trims and laces, with more of them being sold as packages instead of by the yard. Makes me hopeful that more people are doing CQ's and projects and the demand for these have risen. 

I'll have to check out the one around here.  I don't go there so much these days due to lack of $. I go there and just want 1 thing, but come out with 20 that are all too good a deal to pass up.  I loose all self control there for some reason.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 10:41 AM

Linny t:
I go there and just want 1 thing, but come out with 20 that are all too good a deal to pass up.  I loose all self control there for some reason.

They don't pay those merchandisers for nothing. LOL. It's really easy to do with CQ. Every thing we see could be a prospect for embellishment. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,210
Points 44,185
Diane replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 11:42 AM

Linny---I checked out the website again--Dry Goods----the trims are so beautiful---I saw the trim packages for $10---just beautiful!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 12:49 PM

Diane:

Linny---I checked out the website again--Dry Goods----the trims are so beautiful---I saw the trim packages for $10---just beautiful!

I ordered the Halloween one and the lt. Aqua one, just because I liked the color.  I also ordered some of the silk yarn and a couple of little charms...a pair of scissors and a spider.  The shipping note says something about it maybe taking 2 wks to ship if she's on the road at shows.  I thought, oh, oh, but ordered anyway.  We'll see.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 3:20 PM

Linny,

How exciting! I have never heard of silk yarn and love charms, and don't even tell me about the scissors.LOL. I have determined I am a scissoraholic, and a collector of vacuum cleaners and thread. LOL. Well, and maybe a couple other things. But who else do you know with 5 working vacuum cleaners and 15 pair of scissors.LOL, And what's worse is I signed up to win the Havels scissors because they have some listed that I don't have!

Hmmm, 2 weeks.... Not as bad as someone we know huh? LOL I did see that she posts her show dates. Looks like one just ended the eighteenth. Hopefully she won't be on the road too long coming back. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,691
Points 141,523
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 4:22 PM

Uh Oh , I went back and she has the cutest bee buttons/charms, even a little hive. And dragonflies, and the peacock button is beautiful. I need a second job! LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,586
Points 117,635
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 5:39 PM

Stephanie:
But who else do you know with 5 working vacuum cleaners and 15 pair of scissors.LOL, And what's worse is I signed up to win the Havels scissors because they have some listed that I don't have!

I have to say that I don't know anyone who collects vacuum cleaners.  You've got me beat on the scissors.  I recently got this little pair of scissors that have micro serated edges by Karen Kay Buckly.  Oh my, they have become my new favorite for applique.  I will be getting the big ones next.  When you cut into fabric the edges hang on to the fabric instead of the fabric sliding on it.  Very good for trimming applique seams.  Do you have these already?

Stephanie:
Hmmm, 2 weeks.... Not as bad as someone we know huh? LOL I did see that she posts her show dates. Looks like one just ended the eighteenth. Hopefully she won't be on the road too long coming back. 

I might not have ordered if I'd have seen that note while I was shopping, I have to tell you.  At least she tells her show dates.  Who knows, I may just get lucky.  You'd think she could manage her business while on the road.  It must not be her primary source of income. 

I almost got the bee hive, too.  I hadn't seen stork scissor charms anywhere else, so I got them.  And the spider will fit in with the Halloween trims and  the spider webs. 

Linny T

Page 4 of 14 (199 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.