rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 4:42 PM

Linny t:

I'd say that is Mac-n-cheese casserole...care to share the recipe? 

She got it off the internet, so I'll post the link.  It is *very* delicious, but as you'll see, not all that good for you.  We've made it with 1/2 the bread crumbs and butter, 1% cottage cheese and low fat sour cream- it was still awesome.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/chucks-favorite-mac-and-cheese/detail.aspx

it's also good with steamed/drained broccoli added in.  Just make sure you get as much moisture as you can out of the broccoli.

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 5:43 PM

Stephanie:

I got a new crock pot for Christmas and can't find it. How do you lose a Crock Pot.?

It, like most other missing items in a "house of quilting", is under the Stash somewhere...

As a crock pot is inanimate, no problem....

.......when the cat or visiting small children don't show up at dinner time, then I worry (and put a few things away!)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 111,990
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:24 PM

susandf:

.......when the cat or visiting small children don't show up at dinner time, then I worry (and put a few things away!)

ROFLOL!!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 111,990
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:25 PM

Thanks, Claudette.  I'll try it out on my grandson the next time he spends the night.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 12:40 AM

susandf:

ROFLOL! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 12:42 AM

Claudette,

That recipe sounds yummy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,042
Points 65,630
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 5:07 AM

Linny t:
]

I'd say that is Mac-n-cheese casserole...care to share the recipe? 

When I did make mac-n-cheese for my kids, I did it the southern way.  Macaroni cooked most of the way & drained but not rinsed, a little milk on the hot noodles, then chunks of any cheeses on hand and bake in the oven until it starts turning golden brown on top.  For extra creamy use cream cheese instead of milk.  The milk or cream cheese makes the cheeses stick to the noodles better.  You all probably know this, but I'm surprised sometimes that many people don't know this.  This just made me have a delightful memory of my girls being thrilled that we were having mac-n-cheese :)

Linny,

I can't believe it !  I've never heard of anyone making Mac n' cheese that way but my grandmother.  I thought it was some weird Ida plan to save time and money. I still make it this way today.   In fact my youngest doesn't even want me to bake.  We eat it right out of the pot.  

I love learning things about my life that is traditional!

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 10:17 AM

Linny---great recipe.  My mother never made mac and cheese that I can remember.  Sounds delish!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 111,990
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 11:21 AM

I want to try the one Claudette shared.  It has sour cream and cream cheese in it...with bread crumbs on the top.  To me it sounds like great big comfort food, lol.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 5:52 PM

Linny t:
To me it sounds like great big comfort food, lol.

I have been eating mac and cheese, and brocolli cheese and rice and still want more. It is a great comfort food!  I think that and fried chicken could keep me happy for the rest of my days. I am definitely going to try this recipe, and I liked one of Martha Stewarts recipe that adds dry mustard to the mix. Silly woman! I have even added a touch of mustard to my stouffers just to add some Zip! . Just lends to doing things that are different and having a need for something special taste wise.

Ooooh. Have one other easy  recipe. Boil some Large egg noodles, drain, add some thinly sliced green onions or chives, salt, pepper and stir in sour cream to taste. Keep warm. I can't eat regular noodles with just melted butter ever again!

Have I mentioned that I really need to lose a few pounds! LOL!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 111,990
Linny t replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 6:11 PM

Stephanie:

Have I mentioned that I really need to lose a few pounds! LOL!

ROFLOL!!  Hey, I know just what you're saying.  I'm going to have to try the egg noodle one, too.  I am a regular noodle head!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,042
Points 65,630
Robin replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 5:15 PM

Stephanie,

That sounds delicious.   I'll have to try it.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 111,990
Linny t replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:22 PM

During my lunchtime web surfing, I found this incredible list of links for CQ supplies on the Piecemakers site.  I've only had time to look at a few and what I've seen so far has been great.  Check it out when you have time.  There are so many, I'll be looking at them for a few days.

http://www.piecemakers.com/sites/crazyquilt.html

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:55 PM

Another great find Linny!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 111,990
Linny t replied on Sat, Sep 17 2011 7:35 AM

I found a site that sells crazy quilt embellishment kits that look interesting.  Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods

They even have a Halloween one

My grandson wants me to play now, so I have to go :)

Linny T

Page 3 of 14 (199 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use