CQ Stash Envy!

rated by 0 users
This post has 198 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 1:29 AM

All those flosses - and the ribbon...beautiful!   So inspiring!

I possess The Stashasaurus!  It contains threads, buttons, beads, lace, tatting, fabrics, charms......

In an effort to tame the Stashasaurus, I am attempting to create projects that are at least 90% Stash.  It is fun to see what The Stash inspires!

Rather than envious - I find the pictures of  threads, ribbons, projects, and block details to inspire me!  I love to click through photos of CQ blocks prior to starting a new project for ideas and inspiration!  It is amazing to think that no two CQ projects will ever be alike!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

Susan,

Your stashasaurus sounds like a hugely beautiful collection. Nice! I'm just getting started so it's really wonderful to see everything and how people use their stash.

susandf:

Rather than envious - I find the pictures of  threads, ribbons, projects, and block details to inspire me!  I love to click through photos of CQ blocks prior to starting a new project for ideas and inspiration!  It is amazing to think that no two CQ projects will ever be alike!

Beautifully said.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 9:33 AM

susandf:

All those flosses - and the ribbon...beautiful!   So inspiring!

I possess The Stashasaurus!  It contains threads, buttons, beads, lace, tatting, fabrics, charms......

In an effort to tame the Stashasaurus, I am attempting to create projects that are at least 90% Stash.  It is fun to see what The Stash inspires!

Got any pics of your Stashasaurus?  I like your blog, by the way.  Interesting to see all you've come up with in your Destashification Project

Linny T

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 10:19 AM

Stephanie:

Beautifully said.

Thanks..

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 3:02 PM

Got any pics of your Stashasaurus?  I like your blog, by the way.  Interesting to see all you've come up with in your Destashification Project

I actually thought about trying to take a picture(s) of the Stashasaurus, but taming the monster required a high level of "divide and conquer".  I even went so far as to spread it among several rooms in the house to prevent the self-replication that seems to occur with some regularity!

When I start work on a project, I usually determine the colorways, collect thread, buttons, laces, charms, etc., from the various Stash locations into a casserole sized plastic container and then pick and choose from that container as I work.  (Then, inevitably,  when I am done, I find one or two more "perfect" items that I forgot where I had stored them!)

I'll try to get a picture of the latest mini-stash in the project plastic container.

(I can't seem to get the quote thing to work this time...)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Thu, Sep 8 2011 5:34 PM

My gosh, Susan.  This sounds all too familiar.  Right down to stash in various locations.  You have Stashasaurus.  I think I have the twin, lol.  I like the casserole sized pastic container idea.   I do something similar and I know what you mean about one or 2 more perfect items that are....somewhere.  Would love to see  a mini-stash.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

susandf:
taming the monster required a high level of "divide and conquer".  I even went so far as to spread it among several rooms in the house to prevent the self-replication that seems to occur with some regularity!

Between you and Linny, you need panoramic view cameras. LOL That's wonderful to have such a collection.

I like the casserole size container idea too. I have been using an over the door shoe holder to organize my project. I like it beccause I have everything in plain sight. After that I can put them away in containers.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,194
Points 69,395
Robin replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 6:40 PM

Stephanie:

susandf:
taming the monster required a high level of "divide and conquer".  I even went so far as to spread it among several rooms in the house to prevent the self-replication that seems to occur with some regularity!

Between you and Linny, you need panoramic view cameras. LOL That's wonderful to have such a collection.

I like the casserole size container idea too. I have been using an over the door shoe holder to organize my project. I like it beccause I have everything in plain sight. After that I can put them away in containers.  

Susan,

I would love to see pictures also.  I rapidly realizing that crazy quilting is addictive and space consuming.  I would love to see how experience cqer's handle it.   Right now I have contained the monster to a small corner of my sewing room and a sewing table that was a gift from my mom.   I use a plastic container to hold my current project it is about the size of a casserole dish.

Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 11:53 PM

It appears we all agree on the casserole dish being an appropriate size...so now I have to ask, when was the last time any of us actually made a casserole? 

I find I am not able to answer the question with any level of certainty.  We moved to Arizona 6 years ago, and I cannot remember baking a casserole since moving here (for seven months of the year it is too hot to even turn the oven on!  but I have no excuse for the other 5 months!)

I used to love, love, LOVE tuna-noodle casserole (made with Cambell's soup), but I cannot even wager a guess as to the last time I made it!

New batteries - then some pictures!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 4:09 AM

susandf:
when was the last time any of us actually made a casserole? 

Good question Susan. I would have to say I have made one since Thanksgiving and it wasn't that good.LOL. The older I get, the less I desire to cook. I don't have the energy after I work anymore to stand out there for an hour or two to fix a meal. Too bad really, because my hubby loves my cooking and I feel like I am slighting him somehow.  I still use the crock pot a couple times a month though.

Look forward to seeing pic's.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 7:06 AM

susandf:

It appears we all agree on the casserole dish being an appropriate size...so now I have to ask, when was the last time any of us actually made a casserole? 

I think it was somewhere back in the year 2000, lol.  I love tuna noodle casserole, too, but not enough to make it in the oven....stove top is good enough for me.  I have these really pretty french casserole dishes...white, with lids...they are like new except the dust, lol. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:10 AM

Linny t:
I have these really pretty french casserole dishes...white, with lids...they are like new except the dust, lol. 

ROFLOL. No Martha Stewart in us in that department.  I got a new crock pot for Christmas and can't find it. How do you lose a Crock Pot.?Glad I didn't give my old one away. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:59 AM

Stephanie:
How do you lose a Crock Pot.?

It's surprizingly easy in my house, lol.  I really don't remember the last time I used it.

Linny T

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:27 AM

I haven't done a casserole in forever, but I do make baked mac-n-cheese every so often - does that count?  My sister in law gave me a really good, easy recipe.  It goes over well when we hold board game nights at our place.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,625
Points 118,310
Linny t replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 4:29 PM

Claudette:

I haven't done a casserole in forever, but I do make baked mac-n-cheese every so often - does that count?  My sister in law gave me a really good, easy recipe.  It goes over well when we hold board game nights at our place.

I'd say that is Mac-n-cheese casserole...care to share the recipe? 

When I did make mac-n-cheese for my kids, I did it the southern way.  Macaroni cooked most of the way & drained but not rinsed, a little milk on the hot noodles, then chunks of any cheeses on hand and bake in the oven until it starts turning golden brown on top.  For extra creamy use cream cheese instead of milk.  The milk or cream cheese makes the cheeses stick to the noodles better.  You all probably know this, but I'm surprised sometimes that many people don't know this.  This just made me have a delightful memory of my girls being thrilled that we were having mac-n-cheese :)

Linny T

Page 2 of 14 (199 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.