My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,328 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 8:51 AM

Thanks, Lillie and Jo.  I love hand applique. 

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 9:57 AM

Linny t:
Don't be such a stranger!  We love it when you shine your light in here.

Linny, I've been getting posts in my email so I plan on not being a stranger at all, thank you.  Prayers going up for you and your "best friend" daily.  Prayers for all my QCA family, as well.  Love you guys!

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 2,000
Donna C replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 5:40 PM

Stephanie:
Did you have fun helping with the mural? Do you paint in addition to your other talents?      

I did enjoy helping with the mural, but I don't really think of myself as a painter.  I have some talent for it, but it's really undeveloped.  Both my daughter and my friend have a lot more training in it, and were able to demonstrate the techniques I needed to know at the time.  Every wall in my grandson's nursery is a mural, and even inside the closet!

Donna C.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 2,000
Donna C replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 6:35 PM

I'm catching up with all your posts since I haven't logged on since Thursday.  Stephanie, I'm very, very glad your tests came out fine.  Did they check your gall bladder?  It definitely might have been all caused by stress.  So much of what all of us suffer is from that.

Linny, I loved your applique, even unfinished!  I'd love to learn to do that, since I love hand work.  It also keeps me from snacking!  

Marie, welcome back to the group!  The more the merrier!

Jo, I was glad to see the picture of your surprise party.  Are you in the picture?

Darlene, I'm glad you post about whatever you're doing or thinking, and that you're taking some time off. You're amazing in all you do.

Yesterday was a very happy day for us.  Tom and I went to Texas City to visit our grandson, Cedric, now 3 months old.  Of course his mommy, Anne, and his daddy, Eric, were there, but guess who stole the show?  

However, today was a very sad day.  My Nabia died last night.  She always sleeps with me, but I woke up without her.  She got out sometime last night and died in the flower bed.  I found her there this morning.  I understand cats and other animals tend to go off by themselves for that.  I'm afraid she had cancer since she'd lost so much weight, but eats so well.  I hate cancer!  She didn't seem to be in pain, but was moving pretty slow.  We are going to grieve now for awhile.  This is the second of our "babies" to die this year.  Everywhere I look in the house reminds me of her.  Now we only have Newman left, and he's still pretty young.  I've been in bed for most of the day, grieving, but now I'm trying to stay busy.  This picture was taken in July of this year, on my sewing table, where she liked to sleep during the day.  

Hope this isn't too much of a "downer" for all of you.  Thank you for letting me tell you about her.  She was the sweetest cat ever.  We got her from a shelter when she was 4, and had her with us for 12 years.

Donna C.

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 7:16 PM

Oh, Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Nabia.  There's just no easy way to get through this.  At least you can know that she didn't suffer, lingering in pain.  It's true that they want to go off alone to pass.  Sending you big (((((hugs))))) and prayers that the pain in your heart will ease. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 5:24 AM

Donna C:
today was a very sad day.  My Nabia died last night

Donna, I'm so sorry for your loss, our fur babies are so dear to us and to lose one is devastating.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,840
Jo1030 replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 5:26 AM

Donna C:
We got her from a shelter when she was 4, and had her with us for 12 years.

Nabia was a beautiful cat, Donna.  You were lucky to have her for so many years.    (((((Donna)))))  Jo

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 6:25 AM

Donna,

Sorry about your lost.   Pets are so precious to us.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 6:29 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you all have a wonderful Labor Day.

Our family is unfortunately in need of prayer this morning.   We lost a very important member of our family yesterday, Donn's Stepdad, the girls remaining Grandpa.   His poor wife was returning home from a 9 day bus tour, when she found him dead (probably a heart attack) upon her arrival.  Probably 3 days ago.   Please keep her in your prayers as this will be an extremely difficult season of life for her.

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,840
Jo1030 replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 6:36 AM

Robin, so sorry to hear of your loss.  Prayers for you and your family.  (((((((Robin)))))))   Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 6:39 AM

Robin:
Our family is unfortunately in need of prayer this morning

Robin so sorry for your loss, prayers going up for you and your family.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Good morning everyone,

Marie,

I thank God for blessings everyday myself. I'm so happy to read you are getting the bug to quilt again. Winning some pretty fat quarters, and Pat Sloan's advice to just do 10 minutes a day is a great way to get started back. I think, like you, the t he ten minutes would turn into a lot longer. Happy sewing. Share a pic with us when you finish your top...

Linny,

Your applique is so beautiful!!! I love the rose with the different shades, and the way you cut that leaf out so it looks like the veins. The cup and saucer fabric remind me of delftware. So delicate, and so perfect. You are amazing at this. The mouse pin cushion pattern is too cute!!! You'll have fun watching  it come to life. 

Donna,

I'm so sorry to read about Nabia. I know you loved her deeply. My prayers out to you....It's heartbreaking to lose our pets.

He hasn't done any gall bladder tests. That may be next. Too cute to read about Cedric, and his room being muraled everywhere. You'll have to share a pic or two with us when you're up to it.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin:

Our family is unfortunately in need of prayer this morning.   We lost a very important member of our family yesterday, Donn's Stepdad, the girls remaining Grandpa.   His poor wife was returning home from a 9 day bus tour, when she found him dead (probably a heart attack) upon her arrival.  Probably 3 days ago.   Please keep her in your prayers as this will be an extremely difficult season of life for her.

Robin,

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I can't fathom what his poor wife must be going through right now. You're all in my prayers this morning.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 217
Points 4,025

Donna, I'm so sorry for you loss. It's so hard when our babies leave us.  (((HUGS)))

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 217
Points 4,025

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear of your families loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  (((HUGS)))

Page 214 of 222 (3329 items) «Prev212213214215216Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use