My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,762 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 3,035

Lillie, good luck with the radiation pills.   It's tomorrow, right?  Let us know how that goes.

Donna C.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595

Robin, just letting you know you should be getting your block by Thursday. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Wednesday!  That's exciting because I leave for the beach on Thursday.  And I'm just excited to sit on the sand and bury my feet.  Long walks and good conversations, a book and some sun sounds wonderful at this point.  And when I get home my beautiful block will be waiting for me to admire. 

Lillie, Good luck today.  I hope things go well for you today.

Linny, I have Donn at the house so he'll watch out for the block.

I'm hoping to get off to the beach around 10:00 tomorrow so I can stop and do a large portion of the grocery shopping on the way down so my sister in love doesn't have to do that much.   She's having a hard time right now with things with her mom, who is in a nursing home and is having problems having stability in her medication.  She and sister have a meeting sometime tomorrow over here to see what can be done.  I thought it would be nice to surprise with some of the chores done when she arrives at the beach.

Stephanie,  You been really quite lately is everything ok?

Well, I'm up so it's time to get to work.  I have four course left to map and half of the quilt squares for the raffle quilt to trim.   I hope to get a lot of that done today.

Robin

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 4,855

Good Morning Ladies,

Just wanted to update you.

Took my radioactive iodine pill this morning. So far, so good.

Poor DH has to sleep in the guest room for 5 nights. No one can be closer to me than 6 feet for 5 days. I won't sleep in the guest room because we need a new mattress in there and he refuses to buy one. So, guess who's sleeping in the good bed!!!??  lol  It works out well because I have to be so isolated. Guess who has to do all the cooking and shopping for the next 5 days??? Not me!!!  I did prepare tons of food over the weekend so it will be easy for him to just reheat things for us.

I'll let you know how things progress.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595

Robin I hope you have the best time there at the beach...sandy toes...it's a good thing...

Lillie, hope your radiation doesn't make you feel icky.  Is it supposed to?  It must feel strange to be quarantined from your DH like that.  That's funny about the guest bed.  I'm glad you got the comfy one.  I hope your DH doesn't end up really regretting not getting a new bed in there.  Prayers for wellness are flowing for you...

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 4,855

Linny t:

Robin I hope you have the best time there at the beach...sandy toes...it's a good thing...

Lillie, hope your radiation doesn't make you feel icky.  Is it supposed to?  It must feel strange to be quarantined from your DH like that.  That's funny about the guest bed.  I'm glad you got the comfy one.  I hope your DH doesn't end up really regretting not getting a new bed in there.  Prayers for wellness are flowing for you...

Not supposed to make you feel bad. Most common side effects are sore throat and metallic taste in the mouth. Right now my taste is fine and can feel the start of a sore throat.  I think the metallic taste comes on about 12-24 hours after the pill. Can last about 1 week - 1 month. Sore throat is usually gone within 2 days. Bad side effect would be vomiting. Then I'd have to get the rad guys out here to measure how much radioactivity is in the commode and whether I need to go in for another treatment or if enough has been taken up by my body.

I just feel a bit tired. But, I'm sure that is because I have been a bit "spun-up" the past few days. Not knowing what to expect from the treatment and also having to go in for shots the past 2 days. The shots were to stimulate whatever thyroid cells are left in my body, so they are eagerly waiting for the iodine.  lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Mamag (Donna),

You made a beautiful quilt for your friend. Sweet that you embroidered her name on it. 

Donna C:
 However, I did spend several hours online reading a lot of the stuff on quilting by Bonnie on Quiltville.com, the one that you recommended.  I loved it.  I really learned lot from it.  I also went through a lot of YouTube stuff.  Have you seen the one called Heath's World?  He shows about 5 videos of him making a crazy quilt all by machine.  He has a fascinating, free style technique.  It looked and sounded like he was in his own store somewhere in England.

Donna, I have never heard of Heath's world. I'll have to search Utube for it. Thanks for the info. You gave me some inspiration to get back on my diet as well. So hard to lose, and so easy to gain back. I'd love to see a pic of the jacket. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
Stephanie,  You been really quite lately is everything ok?

I spent both of my weekend days this week visiting with friends and shopping with my SIL. On my day off Tuesday, I decided to proceed with cabinet project and hung some wainscoating (bead board)  as a back drop, and crown mold and trim at the top. When it's finished, I want it to look like a built in unit, and not just utility cabinets. It's been challenging. LOL.   

Outside of that I've been looking for a formal dress for the wedding, and some ideas for decorations to show the kids tomorrow. And I have a quilt all cut out and ready to piece. 

Your beach thoughts had me daydreaming of going. That's so sweet of you to think of your SIL and doing the shopping and helping her with chores before the beach. I hope the day is everything you've hoped it would be. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

lilliepad:

Linny t:

Not supposed to make you feel bad. Most common side effects are sore throat and metallic taste in the mouth. Right now my taste is fine and can feel the start of a sore throat.  I think the metallic taste comes on about 12-24 hours after the pill. Can last about 1 week - 1 month. Sore throat is usually gone within 2 days. Bad side effect would be vomiting. Then I'd have to get the rad guys out here to measure how much radioactivity is in the commode and whether I need to go in for another treatment or if enough has been taken up by my body.

I just feel a bit tired. But, I'm sure that is because I have been a bit "spun-up" the past few days. Not knowing what to expect from the treatment and also having to go in for shots the past 2 days. The shots were to stimulate whatever thyroid cells are left in my body, so they are eagerly waiting for the iodine.  lol

Lillie, my prayers are with you during these treatments. I'm so happy you're sharing. Helps to know the effects and exposure risks. Hope your hubby spoils you rotten during this time.....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045

Robin---have fun at the beach.  I think Linny's description of sand in your toes is such a great feeling.  And also the sea air!  Wonderful!

Linny---I finished your block!  I have taken pics and will post tomorrow and hopefully send it out too.  It is going to be a beautiful etui. ?  Can't remember the spelling. lol

Lillie---I had no idea that this is how they do the radiation---at home.  They used to keep you in the hospital for that.  It's funny---and I hope your husband wished he got a new mattress.  lol  I hope you have few side effects.   I'll be sending you prayers.

I am so backed up---on laundry and taking care of my pets properly especially.  I need to clean the tanks.  Nellie has been having her eggs, about one every other day.  They are all unhealthy.  I have to do some research on that before I call the vet.  I can tell that she is not finished.    .  

Have a good night everyone!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:

Linny---I finished your block!  I have taken pics and will post tomorrow and hopefully send it out too.  It is going to be a beautiful etui. ?  Can't remember the spelling. lol

I'm so excited to see the pic's Diane. 

Diane:
I am so backed up---on laundry and taking care of my pets properly especially.  I need to clean the tanks.  Nellie has been having her eggs, about one every other day.  They are all unhealthy.  I have to do some research on that before I call the vet.  I can tell that she is not finished.

It sure doesn't take long to be overwhelmed by things backing up when you're sick. My house can become an overwhelming mess in as much as a day with all the dogs.

I'm sorry to hear Nellie's eggs are unhealthy. I hope you find out what the cause is. And I hope you continue to feel better.... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up at trying to move.  Just sleepy and don't want to.  I've got to get back on schedule school starts for teachers in about 2 weeks.

Beach trip postponed until tomorrow.  We had a slight miscommunication.  That's ok because I'm in the tracking down process of the source of an unknown stink in my kitchen that started yesterday.  I clean a corner cabinet and the drain thinking it was coming from there but now Donn thinks it's coming from under the sink and I suspect the refrigerator. So I'll tackle that today.

Lillie, I hope that your radioactivity is not to bad.   Good luck to your DH with the chores and the guest bed.

Diane, Glad you are back in the land of the living.  Hope you get things back in ship shape quickly.

Stephanie,   What a busy girl you have been.  I've been hunting a dress too.   I'm thinking of ordering off line from a company I found.  I want to wear a tea length because it's an indoor/outdoor event, plus I hate buying a dress and I can't wear it but to one event.   The mother of the groom was not exactly thrill when I told her.  She wanted to wear a long dress.  I told her she was welcome to do that.  I'm a little uncomfortable with this hold mother of the bride has to share with the mother of the groom what she's wearing and the mother of the groom is suppose to coordinate with that. to be honest,  I uncomfortable with the hold Mother of the Bride thing all together.  I am not a tower of strength, a pillar of grace or any of those things a MOB is suppose to be.  Anyway it is what it is.  I bet you have come up with some great ideas for decorations.  Hope you'll share some of them mainly because you have such creative ideas.  Like the trim on the cabinet I would have never thought of those precious details.

Linny,  Hang in there girl, it's Thursday, one more day after this one and it will be the weekend.

Donna,  Sorry to hear about your machine.  Mine has been in the shop all summer.  It blew a fuse and they fixed only to find out that it blew the circuit board too.  So it's going to be a big ticket repair. Fortunately, I have a backup. Good thing there's knitting.

Mamag,  I missed the part about embroidering the name.  That will be really cool.

Well the smell is eeking this way and the quilt needs to be finished.   And I don't even want to be reminded about curriculum maps. 

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 4,855

Robin:

Stephanie,   What a busy girl you have been.  I've been hunting a dress too.   I'm thinking of ordering off line from a company I found.  I want to wear a tea length because it's an indoor/outdoor event, plus I hate buying a dress and I can't wear it but to one event.   The mother of the groom was not exactly thrill when I told her.  She wanted to wear a long dress.  I told her she was welcome to do that.  I'm a little uncomfortable with this hold mother of the bride has to share with the mother of the groom what she's wearing and the mother of the groom is suppose to coordinate with that. to be honest,  I uncomfortable with the hold Mother of the Bride thing all together.  I am not a tower of strength, a pillar of grace or any of those things a MOB is suppose to be.  Anyway it is what it is.  I bet you have come up with some great ideas for decorations.  Hope you'll share some of them mainly because you have such creative ideas.  Like the trim on the cabinet I would have never thought of those precious details.

I was under the impression that the MOB and MOG were supposed to wear the colors the bride picked out. If the bride's colors were pink and green, one mom wears pink and the other wears green. And the FOB and FOG wear pink or green ties.

In my sista's case the colors were blush and orange. My sista had to find an orange dress. Now that was expensive!

I googled this info.

Q. What are the color restrictions surrounding the mother of the bride's dress?

A. Traditionally, avoiding dresses in the white, ivory, and champagne color family (that match the bride's wedding gown), black gowns (that can suggest mourning) and red gowns(or similarly "flashy" shades) is the standard. Though we've seen moms in white who look tailored and elegant. We think black is classic, chic, and formal, and know that even red can be done with gorgeous good taste. The bottom line? Before you start shopping, talk to the bride. She may be very sensitive to the color issue or completely indifferent. If she expresses reservation, think about subdued-but-stately colors in the lavender, silver, burgundy, and blue families.

Q. Does the mother of the bride's dress color have to match the bridesmaids?

A. Some will swear by the "rule" that all the dresses must coordinate. And some brides really love that matchy-matchy look. But there are countless alternatives. Maybe stay within one color spectrum -- if the bridesmaids dresses are baby blue, for instance, the mother of the bride can wear navy. But mixing and matching can be ultra-stylish, too. What's most important, however, is that everyone feels comfortable and beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lillie,

Thanks so much for posting this for Robin. It helps me too. I have a dress picked out, and a site that will make it in any one of about 10 colors. I've printed a picture of it to show Melissa (bride) I had a color in mind, but now that  you posted this I think it will be fun for us to look up the colors and let her choose. Who knows she may have a whole different picture in mind? Glad I've waited. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:
I want to wear a tea length because it's an indoor/outdoor event, plus I hate buying a dress and I can't wear it but to one event.  

I can understand this. For me, I have resolved myself to turning my dress into a cq project down the road. I never have occasion to wear dresses, and at my weight look positively awful in them. LOL

I can certainly feel for you in this position of MOB. I don't really have that here. Melissa's mom lives in Minnesota. But I figure her and Melissa are communicating, so I'll get all the details of what their heads have come up with. You may not realize it, but you are everything a MOB should be and then some. I'd be thrilled to have you as part of my son's family, and I'm sure the groom's parents will be too. I think it's kind of hard for me to take in the sharing of Paul with another  family. It means holidays not seeing them as they may travel, and maybe a bit of an insecurity that they may leave here to live closer to her family. Just insecurities, that will pass as time goes on. I just hope they stay close, and that they'll be happy.  I'll keep you posted on what we come up with for ideas. I have to listen first to what she has in mind. Not easy for me when I'm excited and my muse gets going. Maybe I'll take notes too. That'll keep me focused...

Better get off here. Blaring thunderstorm....    

Page 197 of 251 (3763 items) «Prev195196197198199Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use