Robin's block is beautiful!!  You all did wonderful work!!    Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 4:25 PM

Linny t:

Here you go, Robin.  I did the fan part and some along the top edge.  There wasn't much room left.  I scattered a few bird, butterfly and dragon fly charms in and around Diane's work, too.  They're the metal ones.  Hope you like it.  I don't know that I'll make it to the post office today.  I woke up late... almost 9 AM.  I needed the sleep, I guess.  My fur babies didn't wake me, so I suppose they knew I needed the rest, too.  It'll go out Monday for sure.  Hope you're having a wonderful day!

I know the pic's don't do this justice. I did an enlargement on it to see the detail, and once again I am just in awe. I loved all your flowers. I have a fondness for irises, and they are just lovely. The dragonflies were also such a highlight for me. You come up with some of the most beautiful bead combinations! And charms! Everything is always so delicate, lovely, and detailed. I have learned so much from you from practice and examining details. From you and all the girls. I thank you all. Exquisite!

Sounds like the furbabies gave you a gift today. I'm sure you needed the rest! Looking so forward to Robin seeing her lock and posting the big picture of everything. I'm having trouble posting the hearts. New software that isn't saving them to my computer for some reason. Still working on it....to see if I can load them from the camera memory card.....       

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 103
Points 2,460
Donna C replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:48 PM

It looks like I'm playing "catch up" again.  I've been reading all your posts, and just stand in awe of you all.  I have no really good excuse for not getting back with you all these past 2 weeks except laziness, mostly reading and watching my programs.  I was almost finished with DH's Renaissance jacket when my machine started flashing an error code.  It took me several times on the phone to work through before we got a diagnosis that has to do with the needle bar.  So, it's been in the shop for a week now, and will probably be there another 2 weeks.  :(

When DH tried it on he was so happy with it, except that it didn't fit in the waist anymore!  Uh, oh.  Someone's gone off their diet.  Well, that has really motivated him to get back on it now. He has until November to get into the jacket.  

That leads me to tell you the next project he got me into:  making up a week's menu that we're going to follow so that he'll always know the amount and calories of everything he eats.  The easier for him to track all that the better.  He has an account with Livestrong.com where we can enter recipes and get the calories for each serving.  He also uses it to log in his food intake every day, and it automatically calculates the calories.  Anyway, that's still an ongoing project.  I did the basic outline for it, and he's going to put it into an Excell program.

The other worthwhile activity I've been doing is some walking and inside exercising with the TV.  Xfinity On Demand offers some really good exercise videos of many different kinds and levels.  I really like the Walking One Mile, which is basically walking with your arms and legs moving within a small space inside for 15 minutes.  The lady who leads it keeps it varied, interesting, and just challenging enough, but not too much for me.  I do have a history of heart disease and high blood pressure, so I really need to be more disciplined in this.

I really, really, really loved the two blocks that have been posted these past 2 weeks:  Stephanie's work on Diane's block and Linny's work on Robin's block.  The stitching, textures, and colors made my heart happy to see.  Embroidery is my weakest skill of all, so I look forward to learning more from you all.  I did a picture of a church in crewel many years ago, but have forgotten most of it.  I've done quite a bit of counted cross-stitch, but that's very different from what you all do.  

Jo, I hope your radiation pill treatment goes well later this week.  Take it day by day, moment by moment.  I'm such a baby with pain, so I just can't imagine what you're going through.

Linny, I pray for your sister, Barb, and all of you who are helping her.  It is such a stressful time.  When I was looking for a place to put my mom, the website "A Place for Mom" really helped me out a lot.  I requested one of their representatives to call me, and she was very helpful.  We found a personal care home for her within a mile of my house.  It was a regular house in a regular neighborhood, but the people who ran it were licensed and well qualified.  It was a lot cheaper than a nursing home, especially for here in the Houston region.  Mom didn't really need nursing care, like in a nursing home.  She just needed to be fed, bathed, changed, and moved around.  She didn't even have any medicines to take by then. They even had a nice backyard where they could walk out and sit when the weather was nice. Only 4 to 6 patients were kept there at a time.

I'm  church visiting right now.  I had been sporadically attending a church that's really too far from me to really get involved with.  So, I hope this one that's a little closer will be the one.  Tomorrow will be my second visit.  I had a nice visit with the pastor this week at a Starbucks, and am very impressed with him and the church so far.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Donna C.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 103
Points 2,460
Donna C replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:00 PM

Uh, oh.  I meant to say Lillie, not Jo, regarding the radiation pills.  Sorry 'bout that.

Jo, how are your cats?  I have a 3 year old that likes to bite, too.  He's still like a kitten in many ways, except that he's 15 pounds!  :)  He doesn't usually bite hard, just enough to get my attention when he's hungry, and it's usually on my leg!  Lol.

Diane, I'd love to see your "sea" blocks that you're going to use for a wall hanging.  Do you have pictures?

Robin, I hope you're able to enjoy the rest of your summer.  I remember as a teacher having so many projects to get done in the summer, but only a small fraction of them every actually got done.  It's so important to take time for yourself so that you're ready to handle all the stress that comes with teaching again in the Fall.

Stephanie, are you done with the audit.  I just can't imagine that stress!!

Donna C.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 5:23 AM

Linny t:

Here you go, Robin.  I did the fan part and some along the top edge.  There wasn't much room left.  I scattered a few bird, butterfly and dragon fly charms in and around Diane's work, too.  They're the metal ones.  Hope you like it.  I don't know that I'll make it to the post office today.  I woke up late... almost 9 AM.  I needed the sleep, I guess.  My fur babies didn't wake me, so I suppose they knew I needed the rest, too.  It'll go out Monday for sure.  Hope you're having a wonderful day!

What a beautiful block and it's all mine!

Linny, I love what you did with the block.  It looks so finished and complete with all your little touches and extra's.    I love all the work on this block it is absolutely gorgeous.  It is better than I could imagine. It reminds me a lot of the parks I saw in Anchorage.  This block will make a beautiful throw pillow for my bed and will join the other square you are embellished from Alaska fabrics. Thank you all for the hard work and time.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,665
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:29 AM

I'm so happy you like it, Robin.  It was a joy to work on.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,665
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 27 2014 11:38 AM

Hi, Donna C.  Good to hear from you.  I can imagine how your DH felt when the waist was too tight.  Have fun planning those meals.  To me it seems like a daunting task.  I like to just eat.  I suppose that's why I'm always needing to loose weight.  Funny how it's easier to gain as we get older.  When I was young I could drop 10 lbs. in a week.  Now I'm lucky if I can do that in a month.

Thanks for your prayers and good advise about a nursing home.  I'll try to find something like that for Barb.  Now she's getting therapies and meds.  We'll see where she's at in 3 more weeks.  I no longer know what to expect.  She was much clearer in her mind yesterday.  I took her for a walk outside in her wheelchair and she really enjoyed that.  She laughed some and even made a couple of jokes.  Hopefully that will continue.  I'd love to be able to talk to her like we used to again.  It's in God's hands.

I hope your new church turns out to be perfect for you.  It's so hard to find a church that "fits", isn't it? 

Linny T

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Linny that was a great block. 

I made this quilt for my friend that's going thru breast cancer yet again. 

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 4:56 AM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Beautiful!  I love the colors.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 4:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Up and going!   Still trying to tackle stuff for school and bits around home.   Hoping to take off for a beach weekend this Thursday but it depends on my sister in law, her mom is not doing so well and she may not be able to go.

Anyway,  I hope that you all have a great Monday. 

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 236
Points 4,300
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 7:58 AM

Bless her heart MamaG. I know this will help to cheer and comfort her knowing the love and friendship you put into this quilt.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,665
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 10:26 AM

Thanks, Donna.  What a cheerful quilt.  It's sure to comfort her.  My SIL had breast cancer and she had many days of pain and exhaustion.  She would have loved to cuddle up with a quilt like this.  You're a good friend.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 1:19 PM

Donna---what a lovely quilt.  I love how you put it together and the colors are really nice.  This reminds me of the 1930's because of the colors.  She will be happy.  My sister had breast cancer twice and fought it for 10 years.  So sad to die at age 58.  So many people getting cancer.  The treatment is so much better now but not great yet.

I have been under the weather all month with one thing or another.  Sorry Linny about the lateness of your block----I have had a stomach virus.  Not eating so much because I have some nausea.  That's a good thing!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 5:51 AM

Diane:

Donna---what a lovely quilt.  I love how you put it together and the colors are really nice.  This reminds me of the 1930's because of the colors.  She will be happy.  My sister had breast cancer twice and fought it for 10 years.  So sad to die at age 58.  So many people getting cancer.  The treatment is so much better now but not great yet.

I have been under the weather all month with one thing or another.  Sorry Linny about the lateness of your block----I have had a stomach virus.  Not eating so much because I have some nausea.  That's a good thing!

Diane,

Bless your heart July has not been kind to you.   I hope that you feel better soon.

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 103
Points 2,460
Donna C replied on Tue, Jul 29 2014 8:04 PM

Donna G:  I love the quilt for your friend that has cancer.   That's such a heartfelt gift and will be cherished forever.  Those are my favorite colors, and the neutral creamy white really guides the eyes to the colors.  How do you do your quilting?  With a machine or by hand?  

My sister had breast cancer a few years ago, and had one breast removed.   I'm so thankful she's free of it now.  I had another friend, a little younger than myself, that went through the same thing, and had reconstruction surgery done.  That was brutal to go through, but important enough to do for her.  She's free of it now, too.  I really hope your friend will be free of it soon, too.

Diane, I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Robin, did you make it to the beach?  I hope so.

Stephanie:  I'm still without a sewing machine, so I've gone back to knitting sock puppets for my grandson.  However, I did spend several hours online reading a lot of the stuff on quilting by Bonnie on Quiltville.com, the one that you recommended.  I loved it.  I really learned lot from it.  I also went through a lot of YouTube stuff.  Have you seen the one called Heath's World?  He shows about 5 videos of him making a crazy quilt all by machine.  He has a fascinating, free style technique.  It looked and sounded like he was in his own store somewhere in England.

Hope everyone's having a good week.

Donna C.

• Post Points: 35
Page 196 of 235 (3519 items) «Prev194195196197198Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use