This post has 3,762 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 4:35 AM

Good Morning Friends,

I hope your off to an awesome Friday. 

Today will be more of the same at the Smith house.   Little bit of this and that.   I hope that I actually finish something today.  I pulled out by crazy purse panels last night.  This is that project we all started before the last round robin.  Thought getting to work would on it would be a good rewarded for working on things that I don't want to.

Linny,  There is no appropriate answer to your question.   I'm just muddling through.

Lilli, how's the recovery going from surgery?  and when do you take your radiation pill?

Stephanie, How did the audit go?   Have you finished the handles?

Mamag,  Are your headaches better?

Diane,   How is the muscle spasms?

Jo,  What's new at your house?

Finally Friday!  Hooray!

Robin

• Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 4,855
lilliepad replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:55 AM

Robin:

Lilli, how's the recovery going from surgery?  and when do you take your radiation pill?

Robin

I take my radiation pills this coming Wed, July 30. I'll be glad when it's over and behind me.

Good thing is I've lost about 8 lbs on this low-iodine diet. Not bad for two weeks.  lol

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Robin:
Jo,  What's new at your house?

Nothing new here; except the kitten has my arms, especially the left one, looking like I have a disease from biting me. I know she is just playing, but her teeth are sharper than some of my needles. I have checked on line about how to handle the biting, but so far nothing has helped.  I haven't tried biting her back, which was one of the suggestions.  Sammy is still hissing and growling.  I am going to see about getting something to calm him down from the vet on Mon. when we take Coko back for her shots. Coko is still sweet when she is not biting.

Robin, send me an email, so I can ask you a question.  mrsdoll427@gmail.com    I use this email address for all my quilting stuff.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 9:46 AM

Robin:
Today will be more of the same at the Smith house.   Little bit of this and that.   I hope that I actually finish something today.

Robin---do you ever just "sit there"?  When you have nothing to do, it's busy again! lol  I used to be that way--I still am to a point when I had breaks at college and still do that now. 

You are fortunate to have so much energy and such a full life!  You go girl!!!!

Robin:
Diane,   How is the muscle spasms?

I'm feeling pretty good now.   I am on the home stretch of Linny's block.  Yea!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 11:16 AM

I got my block today and it is gorgeous!!!  You all put such beautiful work in it.  I post a pic soon.

Linny---do you want me to post pics of your blocks when done?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:43 PM

Diane:

Linny---do you want me to post pics of your blocks when done?

That'd be great, Diane.  in fact, could everyone post a pic of their whole block in media?  Here, also, but definitely in media. 

I finished Robin's block.  Now it's down to the journal and the photo and then back home to Robin.  .

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 7:21 PM

Robin:

Today will be more of the same at the Smith house.   Little bit of this and that.   I hope that I actually finish something today.  I pulled out by crazy purse panels last night.  This is that project we all started before the last round robin.  Thought getting to work would on it would be a good rewarded for working on things that I don't want to.

I smiled when I read this, Robin.  You deserve a good reward.  Bless your heart.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 25 2014 7:24 PM

Norma Doll:

Nothing new here; except the kitten has my arms, especially the left one, looking like I have a disease from biting me. I know she is just playing, but her teeth are sharper than some of my needles. I have checked on line about how to handle the biting, but so far nothing has helped.  I haven't tried biting her back, which was one of the suggestions.  Sammy is still hissing and growling.  I am going to see about getting something to calm him down from the vet on Mon. when we take Coko back for her shots. Coko is still sweet when she is not biting.

Kitten teeth are sharp as needles.  She'll grow out of it, but in the mean time your arms look like you've wrestled with a sticker bush, don't they? 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:08 AM

Robin,

That's so cool that you are "reviving" plans to make your cq purse. Mine's in a project box, still.

Robin:
How did the audit go?   Have you finished the handles?

I think the audit went well. I used  over a half a package of printer paper to print out all the reports they needed. I was missing one thing that I had to contact my payroll company for. Basically it was a journal to see if I'd paid any overtime. Personally I think it's a lot of hoops to jump through, and a lot of expense in her time and mine for a company like mine with one employee. All part of being in business, I suppose. I'm on a pay as you go plan, so hopefully they've deducted enough, and I won't have any back charges. 

I did finish the handles. Only to find out I couldn't take them back because the customer is out on their yacht. LOL I was relieved, really.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:10 AM

lilliepad:

I take my radiation pills this coming Wed, July 30. I'll be glad when it's over and behind me.

Good thing is I've lost about 8 lbs on this low-iodine diet. Not bad for two weeks.  lol

I'm sorry that you have to go through this Lillie. Congratulations on the weight loss. I'll be praying for you...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:15 AM

Jo,

I hope the biting thing with Coco is just a phase she's going through. I wish I could offer a suggestion. It'd be nice if they made something sour you could apply to your arm to make it unpleasant for her to taste it when she did. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:17 AM

Linny t:
in fact, could everyone post a pic of their whole block in media?  Here, also, but definitely in media. 

Will do!

Linny t:
I finished Robin's block.  Now it's down to the journal and the photo and then back home to Robin.  .

That's great news!! Look forward to seeing a pic!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:53 AM

Here you go, Robin.  I did the fan part and some along the top edge.  There wasn't much room left.  I scattered a few bird, butterfly and dragon fly charms in and around Diane's work, too.  They're the metal ones.  Hope you like it.  I don't know that I'll make it to the post office today.  I woke up late... almost 9 AM.  I needed the sleep, I guess.  My fur babies didn't wake me, so I suppose they knew I needed the rest, too.  It'll go out Monday for sure.  Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Linny T

• Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 4,855
lilliepad replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:14 AM

Linny t:

Here you go, Robin.  I did the fan part and some along the top edge.  There wasn't much room left.  I scattered a few bird, butterfly and dragon fly charms in and around Diane's work, too.  They're the metal ones.  Hope you like it.  I don't know that I'll make it to the post office today.  I woke up late... almost 9 AM.  I needed the sleep, I guess.  My fur babies didn't wake me, so I suppose they knew I needed the rest, too.  It'll go out Monday for sure.  Hope you're having a wonderful day!

WOW this is so pretty now that it's finished. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw this block again. We do good work!  lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Jul 26 2014 12:16 PM

Linny---I love the work you did on Robin's block.  The block is gorgeous.  What will you do with it Robin?

Page 195 of 251 (3763 items) «Prev193194195196197Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use