rated by 0 users
This post has 3,822 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 11:02 AM

Robin:
Linny,  How cool is it that Barbs muse is busy and active even at this point in her life.   What a gift!   Is her journal for writing or drawing?    I hope that her muse will come and play more than the darkness that clouds her day so that she cannot see the light that you and others bring into her world.   I know it has to be a very gray place where she is right now but I'm sure that there are those who bring her light, and soft touches to brighten her world.
 She doesn't really write anything.  She just does letters.  It seems she can read, though.  At least she could on Saturday.  The stickers were good for her and yesterday she drew some daisies.   She was really confused yesterday and it was hard to know what she was talking about.  I bet you're right about most of her days being gray...sad to think it...

God bless you with your young bride to be.  They're allowed to have moments...especially about their dresses.  

Lillie, you're in my prayers.  Hope there's no complications.  Stay positive.  I'm on the fence about the ornaments.  I'm afraid with Barb, especially if she lingers, I'll be unable to.

Jo, you could do my laundry, too, lol.  I have a back log like Robin.  I'd do your gardening in return...

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 12:04 PM

I know there is a lot going on in all of our lives right now. If no one objects, perhaps we can cancel the ornaments for Christmas 2014 and pick it up again for 2015? Please let me know your thoughts.

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 3:36 PM

lilliepad:
I know there is a lot going on in all of our lives right now. If no one objects, perhaps we can cancel the ornaments for Christmas 2014 and pick it up again for 2015? Please let me know your thoughts

I think if 2 or 3 want to do it, OK.  I would like to work on some of my own projects and jewelry so I'll bow out this year.

I took my kitty to be shaved today as she started getting mats.  It's been 6 months since she was shaved before.  I'll try to post a pic later.  She looks cute.

I am taking care of a dragon for a few weeks for a friend---one that was hatched--and my space is limited here with all the males who can't be in the same tank together.  Nellie is out and running around---doesn't want to be confined so I don't know how the eggs will turn out.  They seem to be growing when I palpate her tummy.  

I have been reading all of your posts and I can see everyone is so busy.  It's so good to have a place to share our highs and lows.

Have a great night everyone.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Linny t:
Jo, you could do my laundry, too, lol.  I have a back log like Robin.  I'd do your gardening in return...

It is a deal, Linny.  I am good at it too, I rinse every thing twice and add liquid softner in the last rinse ( it is better than the sheets).  Most of the time I don't add softner to the towels, dishtowels and washcloths because they don't absorb as well if you add softner to them. Plus it is good to dry with something a little rougher.  Hugs, Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:07 PM

Robin:
That seems like such a painstaking task.  I didn't even know such things could be done or should be done.

It's a designer thing. She couldn't talk them into replacing the older bedroom furniture, so she came up wit the idea of "modernizing" the handles. Rooms they do need to be accessorized. I'd liken it to women shopping for jewelry, and shoes to go with an outfit for an special occasion.

Robin:
What projects do you have in your head for the wedding?  I know you have to create some kind of background for the alter, but are you involved with more?

She wants me to come up with ideas and decorations for the whole outside. She had mentioned the gazebo, some signs, the entry pergola? She  texted me Saturday that she wanted to call me and talk about some things, but never did call. I don't know if she got called into work or what. Maybe a bride's moment herself..LOL

I don't understand about the email to Laurie. Are they going to have to alter the design of the dress to make the changes? I feel disappointed for her when she was expecting it to be just like what she tried on, only fitted for her. And I know what you're saying about the "small" wedding. The kids list has blossomed into over 150 guests now. I'm not sure the place they've reserved can handle all that. It's gonna be tight .

Robin:
I want to find the person who thinks I get three months off in the summer with pay.  

Amen to that. Or the ones that think you have a five day work week during the school year! Rant all you want. You deserve it....

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:12 PM

Diane:
I took my kitty to be shaved today as she started getting mats.  It's been 6 months since she was shaved before.  I'll try to post a pic later.  She looks cute

Cute! I always wanted to take Otis and get him a lion cut. Is that what you did? I saw a persian in a shop one time that had the lion cut, and he was so adorable. They leave the head part full so it looks like a lion's mane, shave everything except tha ankles and the tip of the tail. Just too cute!

Have fun dragon sitting. Hope everyone behaves.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:15 PM

Norma Doll:

Linny t:

It is a deal, Linny.  I am good at it too, I rinse every thing twice and add liquid softner in the last rinse ( it is better than the sheets).  Most of the time I don't add softner to the towels, dishtowels and washcloths because they don't absorb as well if you add softner to them. Plus it is good to dry with something a little rougher.  Hugs, Jo

Nice! I'll bring mine too. LOL. That's a great tip about the towels. I'll have to try that. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 5:07 AM

lilliepad:

I know there is a lot going on in all of our lives right now. If no one objects, perhaps we can cancel the ornaments for Christmas 2014 and pick it up again for 2015? Please let me know your thoughts.

Either way is fine with me.   It just looks like we all have more than we can handle.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 6:44 AM

lilliepad:

I've already opted out for this year. Next years good for another try.... 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025
lilliepad replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 7:07 AM

Stephanie:

lilliepad:

I've already opted out for this year. Next years good for another try.... 

I'm going  to opt out of the ornament exchange for 2014. Let's try again next year.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 10:48 AM

lilliepad:

Sounds like everyone agrees.  We'll do it in 2015 and skip it this year.  

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 134
Points 3,185
Donna C replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 11:59 AM

I'm so ashamed that I haven't posted anything since May 27th!  Being a new grandma I've been babysitting a lot as well as knitting baby sweaters, hats, and "puppet socks" for when he gets a little bit bigger.  I spent all evening recently  trying to read all your posts, but only got to page 168.  I don't think I can catch up, but I'm going to try harder now to stay up to date.  

The Christmas ornament thing is fine with me, but if it's too much for most of you for this year, that's ok with me, too.

Darlene, I looked at your Etsy website.  Amazing quilts!  You are so creative and organized...wow.  I can learn a lot from you, as well as the rest of our group.  My son and his wife have an Etsy website, too, where they sell hand crafted wooden spindles internationally, called twisted grains.

Thanks to Stephanie and Linny for explaining the round robin.  I do want to take part in the next one.

Jo, I hope your bypass went well.

Diane, I hope your blood sugar problem has improved.

Stephanie, I hope your wedding preparations are going well.

Robin, I'm glad your knee has improved, and I hope you're enjoying your summer vacation.  Sounds like you had a lot of packing to do, but you're getting a new room for next year, and won't have to do that much packing after that.  Right?

Lol.  That's as far as I've read so far, and I suspect those issues are probably long over with.  Also, I know I haven't covered all of you, and I promise to do better.  You are all so worth it!

I'm including some pics of  the baby, and the projects I've been working on for Cedric who's now 2 months old, and almost doubled his weight.  He's been doing very well.  Yesterday was his first day in daycare and his first vaccinations.  Both went well, thankfully.  My daughter went back to work after a month, but they had to wait until now to put him in daycare to give time for my son-in-law's mom and sister from Oklahoma to come and see the baby.  The sister spent a week with them 2 weeks ago, then his mom came last week.  There were a few days in there that they needed me to come while they were at work.  Of course, I was thrilled to do it!  :)

You may notice that Cedric's laying on a quilt top.  It's just a simple one that my mom put together many years ago with sewing scraps.  It was never quilted, and is just lined with a sheet.  After she gave it to me we usually used it for picnics, since it washes and dries easily.  Now my daughter and her family are using it for all kinds of things.  

Regarding the "sock puppet."  I also made a purple dinosaur one, and a red bird, but don't have pics of those yet.  These "socks" are for when he gets to the stage of playing with his feet.  They are definitely not socks for walking!  :)  They're from a book called Supercotton Sock Puppets by Skacel Yarns.  

The sweaters and hat are made to fit a 6 month old size, so hopefully he'll get some use out of them this winter.

I've also been looking at a lot of YouTube videos of crazy quilting and such.  YouTube even helped me fix my sewing machine a couple of nights ago!  Now that I've got knitting and crocheting out of my system for awhile, I'm trying to finish my hubby's Renaissance jacket for Ren Fair this fall.  Then I want to get started on a quilt of some kind that will help me use up some of my large stash of sewing scraps!  I really, really don't want to buy much more fabric if I can help it.  Any ideas?

The first week of June we did take a two night trip to Marshall, Texas which is near Louisiana's western border, and stayed in a bed and breakfast.    However, we may not be traveling too much for awhile since my 15 year old cat, Nabia, is having health problems.  She's been loosing weight fast, and throws up occasionally, but seems to be eating well.  However, when she's left with just our neighbor feeding her, she doesn't eat well.  The vet thinks she may have cancer, because of the weight loss, and her blood test showed elevated calcium levels.  If so, I doubt if she's going to be with us too much longer.  I don't know what I'm going to do without her.  She's such a sweetie.  We'll still have our "tuxedo" cat, Newman, who's only 3 years old.  Thankfully he's healthy, and not as hard to leave for a little while.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 134
Points 3,185
Donna C replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 12:19 PM

Jo1030:
Coko acts like a dog in the morning when I let her out of the room, he wags his tail like a dog and wants to be picked up and loved.  So far he is just the kind of cat that I wanted. 

Jo, that sounds very much like my Nabia, the 15 year old that may be sick.  Newman sounds like Sammy.  He loves to jump on Nabia, and chases her a lot.  She hides under the bed.  She's only 5 lbs. whereas Newman weighs 15 lbs.!  He thinks Nabia exists just to play with.  He doesn't seem to want to hurt her, though.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 940
Points 15,910

Oh my thats a great and valid reason for not being on here.  He is a such a cuttie.  My DGS is due next month.  My DD is flying me out there to help.  So I will be mia then also.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 2:40 PM

Donna,

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for your family.  Your new grandson is just precious.   He looks like he is full of wonder and energy.   Your projects are also precious.  I know your daughter is doing to get a lot of use out of them. 

My knee is fine.  However, the room situation is a long way from fine I call it the hole because it is like a long skinny box.  I actually thought about making outside the door look like the entrance to a cave, but I decided that would be a little to over the top. I will be in this room until next spring at which time I will pack up everything again and be moved out.   Then they will start on my new room, which theoretically will be done over the summer.   As for my summer vacation it has mostly been school.  3 weeks packing an moving, 1 week in training, 1 week taking the students to San Antonio for national convention and various amounts of time writing curriculum maps for the county, so not alot of summer.  But that's a teacher's life.   However, there has been fun with wedding plans and dress shopping and such for my oldest daughter's wedding, which is also next May.  

I'm sorry your cat is so sick.  We have one that is fairly old and each year I think this is it.  But somehow she has bounced back each time.

Have a great evening.

Robin

Page 191 of 255 (3823 items) «Prev189190191192193Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use