rated by 0 users
This post has 2,909 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,245
Robin replied on Sat, Jul 12 2014 5:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your Saturday is off to a good start.  Thanks for all the well wishes about the kids.  With the trip behind me I am more relaxed,  I had just worried way to much about this trip.  It's always a little disconcerting when you take someone's children out of the state.   Instead of resting yesterday I went off in hunt of some fabric to make a quilt top that I've been trying to make since the spring.  We were going to do a quilt as a fundraiser for the chapter and I was going to make a double Irish Chain out of red and white but I'm having a terrible time finding a red flower on a white background.   I've been looking with no luck.  Yesterday I hunted the quilt shops to the south of me today I'm going north.

Diane,  I hope you are feeling a little better today.   Nothing is worst than an ongoing yuck feeling.

Darlene,  Sounds like you have a real chore ahead of you.   But as I said yesterday I did this several years ago and it has been such a blessing.   I need to do it again.  Probably will wait until after the wedding.

Jo,  Feel better soon.

Take care everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 690
Points 10,765

Thanks Linny.  I just don't understand why so many women are getting hit with it all of a sudden its like someone put something in the water.  Very scary.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 3:09 AM

Robin,

Hope you had some luck finding the fabric you wanted. I went online and looked. Not much out there for red and white florals. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,245
Robin replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are off to a bright start today.

I manage to find the fabric that I needed yesterday in Tifton, Ga at a really nice quilt shop.   It's at hour and a half from my house but it was worth it to get what I needed.  Now to get the rows cut and sew together.    I came home and made a wallhanging for Laurie's school.  They are doing a Dr. Seuss theme and I found a panel for her in by traveling to and from quilt shops.  I've just got to whip the hanger sleeve down on it.

I pray that you all have a blessed day and that joy will meet you where you are and brighten the space you are in.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 7:35 AM

Robin,

That's great news Robin. A bit of a trek to get there, but at least you found "the one". Look forward to seeing pics of the wall hanging and the quilt.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,340
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 8:34 AM

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.  I am just popping in for a quick post before going to the hospital. 

Robin, when I read about your fabric search I looked in my stash and I don't have anything.  If I did, I'd send it to you though.  If I see some anywhere I'll take a pic and tell you about it.

Stephanie, reading about the visual dilemma opened my eyes to myself.  I like to have things in sight, too.  Some day I'll get back to my de-cluttering project and remember some of the tips you shared with Darlene.  Good ideas in there.

Jo, how's the hip and back?  Hope it's better.

Diane, hope you're feeling better.

Darlene, I love reading your posts.  It's fun hearing about your sale successes and adventures.  Hope you don't have your mother's blood issues and if you do I hope they can give you medication to resolve it that doesn't have some awful side effects.  For your antiques, have you thought of putting them on e-bay?  It might be easier than a garage sale and you might get a better price for them.  It'd also be a way to maybe shrink your sale pile before a garage sale.  Just a thought...

Barb is a mixed bag these days.  She's still recovering from the hip surgery.  Her radiation makes her tire easily.  The combination of the 2 makes her agitated sometimes and other times she has her muse return.  I'm particularly happy to see that aspect of her.  I brought her crayons and some stickers.  She totally decorated her journal cover with the stickers.  She wants color in her life and said she's doing the best she can with what she has.  She doesn't make much sense sometimes, but I can usually read between her lines.  Sometimes it's even funny. 

Hope you all have a wonderfully happy day.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 10:46 AM

I had written a long post and it got deleted!   Happy Sunday everyone!  I'll be catching up on laundry.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 169
Points 3,230
lilliepad replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 4:19 PM

Hello Everyone-

Hoping that everyone had a wonderful Sunday.

Diane-please come and do my laundry when you've finished with yours.

Linny-so happy to hear that Barb is doing well considering what her poor body has been through these past weeks.

How many people are going to participate in the ornament swap for 2014? With all the health issues, perhaps not everyone is going to participate. If y'all would chime in yes/no that would be most helpful for me.

I go in for my radioactive iodine pills on July 30. Then a full body scan on Aug 6. I'm feeling pretty confident.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:41 PM

Linny t:
Stephanie, reading about the visual dilemma opened my eyes to myself.  I like to have things in sight, too.  Some day I'll get back to my de-cluttering project and remember some of the tips you shared with Darlene.  Good ideas in there.

Thank you Linny. Time is a gift for you these days, for sure. 

Linny t:
For your antiques, have you thought of putting them on e-bay?  It might be easier than a garage sale and you might get a better price for them.  It'd also be a way to maybe shrink your sale pile before a garage sale.  Just a thought...

Another great idea. I've seen things posted on there for local pickup only. I don't know if Darlene has Craig's list  there. Paul sold all of his furniture listing it on Craig's list.

Linny t:
Barb is a mixed bag these days.  She's still recovering from the hip surgery.  Her radiation makes her tire easily.  The combination of the 2 makes her agitated sometimes and other times she has her muse return.  I'm particularly happy to see that aspect of her.  I brought her crayons and some stickers.  She totally decorated her journal cover with the stickers.  She wants color in her life and said she's doing the best she can with what she has.  She doesn't make much sense sometimes, but I can usually read between her lines.  Sometimes it's even funny. 

It's just fascinating that she can be going through so much and still have the desire to do some crafts. Made me smile to think of her wanting some color in her life. Hospitals can be so blah in decor.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:50 PM

lilliepad:
Diane-please come and do my laundry when you've finished with yours.

LOL. It's a never ending chore. At least it smells nice and fresh

lilliepad:
How many people are going to participate in the ornament swap for 2014? With all the health issues, perhaps not everyone is going to participate. If y'all would chime in yes/no that would be most helpful for me.

I'm opting out for this one. Have to busy myself with wedding decorations.

lilliepad:
I go in for my radioactive iodine pills on July 30. Then a full body scan on Aug 6. I'm feeling pretty confident.

God Bless you Lillie. I'll be praying for you to come through this with flying colors... 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,645
Jo1030 replied on Sun, Jul 13 2014 7:07 PM

lilliepad:
How many people are going to participate in the ornament swap for 2014?

No for me.

If I lived near you, Lillie, I would come and do your laundry......that is my favorite thing to do.  I used to like to work in the yard, but can't stand the heat or get down to pull/plant flowers/weeds.  My washer and dryer are right in my kitchen, behind folding doors, so it is very convenient for me.

I know what you all mean about being visual.  At my age if I put something out of sight, I can't remember where I put it when I need it.  I read once if you have a hard time finding something...when you do find it, put it back in the first place you looked for it. Then maybe the next time you need it, it will be the first place you look.

I made a simple baby blanket (just two pieces of flannel) and had a terrible time getting it to come out right.  I think it has been too long since I have sewn anything.   I hope to make another baby blanket tomorrow. I will make the self-binding one this time.

Coko is doing fine.  Sammy is still being an old meany!  I got an email about what to do about aggression in cats. It said some times you need to give them pills,, like vallium.  I will ask the vet when we see him on the 28th.   Hugs, Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 3:05 AM

Jo1030:
I read once if you have a hard time finding something...when you do find it, put it back in the first place you looked for it. Then maybe the next time you need it, it will be the first place you look.

I'll have to try that Jo.  I think most of my losing things has to do with my dh "helping" with the putting things away. LOL. 

Jo1030:
I made a simple baby blanket (just two pieces of flannel) and had a terrible time getting it to come out right.  I think it has been too long since I have sewn anything.   I hope to make another baby blanket tomorrow. I will make the self-binding one this time.

It has been a while for me too. I'm looking forward to getting back to some regular quilting after the RR. I haven't worked too much with flannels. Hope your slef binding one comes out great.

I would have thought Sammy would be adjusting by now. Is he neutered? I've read that helps too. Interesting about the valium. I have a friend that has ten cats. She had a litter of kittens and kept all of them. She's had to keep the kittens separated for a couple years, and is now just getting to where she can have them all in the same room. I can't imagine the work it's been for her to trade rooms over time so they could be familiar with the house.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 3:28 AM

It was a relatively nice weekend. I had "homework" of bringing home 16 ornate dresser handles for a customer  that need to be refinished to match a picture frame. I'm going to steer clear of doing that kind of thing from now on. Especially the matchy stuff. The frame has a silver foil laminate with tiny lines of black and brown, and I'm supposed to match its effect with paints. Ugh. It's become very invasive on my time at home, especially with all the pets.

I did have the luxury of working many hours on Diane's block. Hard to put it down to do some chores. I so admire all the work everyone has done on it. It's lovely.

I have an insurance audit coming up next week for workers comp. I'd compare the paperwork to an irs audit. Not quite, but close. Tax returns, bank statements, p&l reports, payroll reports, 1099's etc. All this so they can determine the rates I need to be charged, and see if there is an opportunity to fine me if I've done something wrong. I've had one before. The meeting itself is no big deal, just the preparation for it. Stressful when I'm so busy on the jobs themselves as well. All part of having your own business....

Outside of that, life is the norm......and I'm thankful for that.... 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 59
Points 1,645
Jo1030 replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 4:58 AM

Stephanie:
Is he neutered?

Oh yes, he is neutered.  I think sometimes he is afraid of Coko.  I am afraid he will hurt Coko. I didn't think it would take this long for him to accept her.  He had started letting other cats be on the patio with him, so I thought he had mellowed.  These are strays that he used to chase away.  Coko acts like a dog in the morning when I let her out of the room, he wags his tail like a dog and wants to be picked up and loved.  So far he is just the kind of cat that I wanted.   Hugs, Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,986
Points 64,245
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 14 2014 6:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

We're working on getting back into a routine this morning, which I failed at miserably.  Slept to 7:30 instead of getting up at my work time.  Now I'm 2 hours behind.   Yesterday I started on the red and white quilt for the raffle.  I got the first three sets of rows sew, so when I finish working on curriculum maps for the classes I teach I'll spend some more time on it.   I've got to spend some serious time on the maps they are now past due and unfortunately I'm no more motivated than when I was given this assignment.   Donn is headed out to school as I write this.  The next two days are senior pictures and he has to be onsite for both of them, plus he has to write his maps for his classes.   I want to find the person who thinks I get three months off in the summer with pay.    Sorry a bit of a rant this morning.  Probably cause I'm mad at myself for not getting up earlier.

Jo,  I wish you were at my house.   I have a mountain of laundry from the trip I would gladly turn over to your capable hands.   I understand your concern with Sammy and Coko not getting along.  We have two female cats, one much older than the other.   They still don't get along.  But they have learned to coexist as long as the younger one doesn't get in the olders way to the food bowl.   Outside of that they manage to get along.  I'm guessing that it just takes time.

Linny,  How cool is it that Barbs muse is busy and active even at this point in her life.   What a gift!   Is her journal for writing or drawing?    I hope that her muse will come and play more than the darkness that clouds her day so that she cannot see the light that you and others bring into her world.   I know it has to be a very gray place where she is right now but I'm sure that there are those who bring her light, and soft touches to brighten her world.

Diane, Feel better.

Lillie,  I am praying for you as well.  I had a dear friend who had the same treatment and ordeal about 10 to 15 years ago.  The hardest part for her was not being able to hug other people after having the radiation for so many days.  She is a bigger hugger and gives the best ones, so it was hard on those of us who loved getting them.  So hug everyone you can before you take that pill.  

Stephanie,  That seems like such a painstaking task.  I didn't even know such things could be done or should be done.    I'm sorry your skipping the ornaments this year.   I'm on the fence.  I really want to do them but like you am concern about the time element.   What projects do you have in your head for the wedding?  I know you have to create some kind of background for the alter, but are you involved with more?  We had one of what I expect will be many second guessing moments yesterday.   Because of Laurie's short stature and the fact that she wanted the scraps removed from the dress we are having to order her dress with alterations at the factory.  Last night was checking a email that the shop sent her showing the changes that would have to be made to the back of the dress and it was not what she expected.  so she had a moment.   Which meant I had to be the reassuring mama, which I'm not always the best at, but between me and her sister, (who will comfort her for a moment then just give it to her straight), we manage to get her to recognize her options and help her adjust.  This is with 9 months to go.  She also had to deal with Chris parent's about the guest list yesterday for save the dates.  She still doesn't have a list from them as the number of people to just doesn't seem to do anything but grow.  I'm going to go back over my list and start thinking about making some cuts.  The kids originally wanted a small wedding and this thing is growing into a county event. Life in a small town.

Well, time is pasting so I'd better get to work on some of this stuff around here.

Robin

Page 190 of 194 (2910 items) «Prev188189190191192Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use