My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,537 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Holy Moly Stephanie was the fabric made of gold?  My husband will never let me in that store.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 8:06 PM

Diane:

Linny---glad to hear that Barbara has a better room with a nice view.  I'm sure they are very concerned that she got a fracture.  I hope the radiation goes well and she is feeling better.  Hugs to you both.  It is always stressful to have a roommate in the hospital.  Patients have told me stories and seem to actually suffer from post traumatic stress from being hospitalized/  Maybe now she will get some good rest.

I really believe this, Diane.  You should have seen Barb rolling her eyes when one of them kept butting into our conversation on Saturday.  The one before had such bad stomach trouble...with all the sounds and smells...ick.  Oh, my goodness, it was awful.  I wonder if Barb was trying to escape her room mate when she tried to get out of her bed, lol.  She's having surgery on her hip tomorrow.  They're putting pins in it.  Just three 2" incisions and they say as soon as she's fully awake they'll have her up and walking with the PT people.  She had a chemo treatment today.  They'll wait to do more until she's over the surgery.  Already today she seemed more like herself than I have seen her in the hospital.  Encouraging.  I went to see her after work.  At 7 she told me to go because she was sleepy.  I don't doubt it with all she's been through. 

Lillie, I have been thinking about you and your treatments.  How are you doing?

Stephanie, that was a discount store, right.  Unbelievable to be that expensive on discount.  Glad you got out and had some fun, though.  Once you get your place back in order it'd be fun to see pics of the new color.

Robin, you sound a bit like a tourist.  Might as well have as much fun as you can.  What's the Alamo like?  I actually worked on your block a bit on Sunday.  It's so pretty and those are some of my favorite colors.  I like that they're mostly on the darker side because achieving contrast will be easy.  I am hoping to put some real time into it this weekend.  We'll see how Barb is doing.  I hope nothing else happens to that poor girl.  I want her to feel good enough to take a wheelchair ride outside to see the river.   Even a short ride would be nice for her. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Holy Moly Stephanie was the fabric made of gold?  My husband will never let me in that store.

I know, right? LOL

These fabrics are a whole different world.... Textures, embroidered, silks....Oh my. Brands that can usually only be purchased through a designer. Kravet, Scalamandre, etc. It was fun to see them and especially touch them. LOL  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
I really believe this, Diane.  You should have seen Barb rolling her eyes when one of them kept butting into our conversation on Saturday.  The one before had such bad stomach trouble...with all the sounds and smells...ick.  Oh, my goodness, it was awful.  I wonder if Barb was trying to escape her room mate when she tried to get out of her bed, lol.

Poor Barb! I remember long ago Mike was in a ward with about six patients. One chirped like a cricket when he slept. It was crazy...

Praying that she'll come through her surgery with flying colors. It was good to hear they can do this with such minimal incisions. And so happy that she was better after one treatment.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Darlene :
Friday was the annual 4th of July festivities and the weather was absolutely glorious.  Sales were above any year for this event.  I sold 2 baby quilts and a throw.  Again, there was an amazing amount of sales of the little stuff.  The 10 minute runners sold well and I now believe my friend's price was okay.

I'm so happy to read this. I looked up the ten minute runner video. Easy, quick project. I may have to do a couple of those myself. Your friend sees the value in what you do. Happy that you went along and priced them accordingly. Your stash is not free goods. You paid for them along the way. And if some of it was gifted to you, it's all the better for the profit margin.  

Best of luck in recovering from sales. Hope you're being able to keep your energies up..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin:

Hey Ladies stopped in to catch up on all of you.  Shofar things are going really good.  We've finished competing and been to the Alamo.  The girls andi did some retail therapy this afternoon while Donn judged.  Now he's here and we are head to Market Steet. 

Robin

Sounds like you're having a good time, enjoying the sites and having some time for retail therapy too. Nice!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,340

Stephanie:

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

I know, right? LOL

These fabrics are a whole different world.... Textures, embroidered, silks....Oh my. Brands that can usually only be purchased through a designer. Kravet, Scalamandre, etc. It was fun to see them and especially touch them. LOL  

I need to become a designer, or at least have the license that allows me to be recognized as one. That way I can have access to these wonderful fabrics. Then I won't have to pay top dollar for curtains.  lol

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,340

Hello Ladies,

I received my block today.Well, actually I finally got to the mailbox to retrieve my mail.

The block is stunning. Thank you so much for working on my block. I love everything that you did to it. All the beads and crystals. The ribbon flowers and leaves. Just beautiful. And I especially love all your journal entries. For me the entries always take me a lot of time, I appreciate what you've shared with me.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 10:01 AM

lilliepad:
I need to become a designer, or at least have the license that allows me to be recognized as one. That way I can have access to these wonderful fabrics. Then I won't have to pay top dollar for curtains.  lol

ooohwee, I hear ya on that. LOL. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 10:02 AM

lilliepad:
Thank you so much for working on my block.

Your post was so sweet Lillie. Look forward to seeing it as a wall hanging. :0)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 10:08 AM

I got up at 5 this morning and started spiffing things up because I have an appointment with the cable guy. It was between 8am and noon. He just called and said another half hour. I've worked so hard around here with chores, I'm ready for a nap. LOL.  Figures, he'd be late.

I'm getting used to the new wall color. Big change from bright, but it's lighter and softer in here. It feels like a fall day. 

Hope you are all doing well, and having a great day...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 10:23 AM

Donna---I didn't know about the Lupus rash.  I had a good friend who has Lupus.  She had many issues.  I understand chronic illness because I have fibromyalgia.  I am sympathetic.

Happy you like your block Lillie. It is such a beautiful block to begin with.  What are you planning to do with it?

I am making real headway on Linny's block.  I have not felt well many days but am finally well again.  The Mighty Bright is making such a difference in my work.  I wish I had it before.  I think you all will see the difference!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 10:29 AM

lilliepad:

Hello Ladies,

I received my block today.Well, actually I finally got to the mailbox to retrieve my mail.

The block is stunning. Thank you so much for working on my block. I love everything that you did to it. All the beads and crystals. The ribbon flowers and leaves. Just beautiful. And I especially love all your journal entries. For me the entries always take me a lot of time, I appreciate what you've shared with me.

Your block was a pleasure to work on, Lillie.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 10:33 AM

Stephanie:

I got up at 5 this morning and started spiffing things up because I have an appointment with the cable guy. It was between 8am and noon. He just called and said another half hour. I've worked so hard around here with chores, I'm ready for a nap. LOL.  Figures, he'd be late.

I'm getting used to the new wall color. Big change from bright, but it's lighter and softer in here. It feels like a fall day. 

Hope you are all doing well, and having a great day...

Hope that guy shows up soon.  Figures it'd take up your whole morning, darn it all.  Your new wall color sounds really pretty.  I could use a fall day right about now, couldn't you?

Hope the rest of your day is reserved for yourself and it includes a nice nap.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 10 2014 10:51 AM

Diane:
I am making real headway on Linny's block.  I have not felt well many days but am finally well again.  The Mighty Bright is making such a difference in my work.  I wish I had it before.  I think you all will see the difference!

Diane, hope you're feeling better.  I didn't know you weren't feeling well.  Is your UTI thing still giving you trouble?

I want one of those lamps.  I have to put aside $ for it, but I'll get one some day.  Looking forward to getting my block back so I can see all the beautiful work.  I've done some on Robin's and hoping to make real headway this weekend.  I am so far behind with my chores it's embarrassing for anyone to come in my house, lol.  Hopefully things with Barb will start to level out.  I'm praying nothing else happens.   

Linny T

Page 188 of 236 (3538 items) «Prev186187188189190Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use