My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,537 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

Hope everyone had a safe 4th. Ours was nice. Tiring and I got way too much sun which is a no no for someone with Lupus. My face is not so happy with me at the moment. Oh well. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 238
Points 4,340

Oh no MamaG,  Stay out of the sun.Glad to hear that you had a nice 4th.

Ours was pretty quite. Went to a AA baseball game at our City Park. Sat in the sun for about 35 mins and said let's move to the shade. Even though I put on tons of sunblock before we left, just in case. I haven't been out in the sun for years and didn't want to look like a tomato.

We didn't stay for the whole game. Our team was up one run in the bottom of the 6th. We came home and watched FIFA matches. Went to bed at 8:30pm, way before the fireworks started. Yes, we are the party animals. lol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Sun, Jul 6 2014 1:02 PM

Donna---sorry to hear about the sun burn.  It is painful.  I burn easily so I stay out of the sun as much as possible.  On my left side I have more wrinkles and age spots from riding in the car so much.  I surly have enough wrinkles!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475

I wish it was sunburn that would have been painful but easy to treat.  It's a Lupus rash.  Its much better now.  I have steroids on hand.  No more long days out in the sun for me.   

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Linny, I am so sorry to hear about Barb and hope that you are feeling the peace of God's arms wrapped around you.

You are in my prayers and will continue to be.

Please post when you are able.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Robin, hope that all is going well at Nationals. 

Laurie's dress is amazing.  She will make a beautiful bride.  I am continuing to pray that all is well for her regarding her thyroid.  God's plan is the best.

Be safe and tell us all about it when you are able.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Lillie, sorry that I haven't been around to let you know that I am thinking of you thru this time of challenge. 

As others have said, I appreciate your attitude during this time of trial.  I think that you are taking a good approach to this whole thing. 

Be well and know that you are not alone.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Diane:
Nellie is "with eggs" again

Diane, I hope that al is well with Nellie and that the eggs hatch successfully.

I also hope that you are able to get your blood sugar under control.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Well, I survived my double header. 

I decided last Monday that I wanted to make some 10 minute table runners.  If you have never made these, you can Google it and see how.  It is a  fun project and I made a bunch with Patriotic fabrics I had on hand.  I was on the fence regarding the pricing of these because I was using fabric from my stash.  My friend gave me a price she felt was proper but I felt was too high.

Thursday was a wet, rainy, dreary day but sales were not bad.  Sold a baby quilt and a good amount of small things.

Friday was the annual 4th of July festivities and the weather was absolutely glorious.  Sales were above any year for this event.  I sold 2 baby quilts and a throw.  Again, there was an amazing amount of sales of the little stuff.  The 10 minute runners sold well and I now believe my friend's price was okay.

I am trying to recover from my sales and be prepared for another week of sales.

I will post again when I have a moment to.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:09 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

I wish it was sunburn that would have been painful but easy to treat.  It's a Lupus rash.  Its much better now.  I have steroids on hand.  No more long days out in the sun for me.   

Donna, my niece has Lupus and I've seen that rash.  Awful!  She avoids the sun as much as she can.  Sometimes sun block just isn't enough, she said.  Hope yours calms down quickly with the steroids.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:12 PM

Darlene :
Well, I survived my double header. 
  I was wondering because I thought I missed your post.  Happy to hear your sales were so good.  Now to replenish your stock.  How's your health and tiredness doing?  Any better?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:22 PM

Darlene :

Linny, I am so sorry to hear about Barb and hope that you are feeling the peace of God's arms wrapped around you.

You are in my prayers and will continue to be.

Please post when you are able.

Thanks, Darlene.  Barb had a set back.  She tried to climb out of her bed and fell.  She has a fracture, but they're not sure yet how bad it is.  It really took her down quite a bit, just like when she fell the first time at home.  The good news is that the radiologist is still going to give her some treatments to try to shrink the tumors that are encroaching in the area where her spinal fluid flows.  It will give her a lot more comfort and buy her some more time.  I'm praying that her fracture won't require surgery.  If it does it'll interfere with her radiation.  I am so mad at that nurse for not being more careful with her.  She didn't have the motion pad connected, or something, we have heard different stories.  A lot of carefully chosen words and fear of lawsuit in eyes.  They should be afraid, too.  They moved her to another area where there is more attention...and it's a private room with a window that she can see the river from.  Up until now she's had to share her room with some fairly odd people and the windows looked out to a roof area surrounded by walls with mechanical equipment...not very pretty.  Believe me, they are being very careful with her now. 

Thanks for your encouraging words and prayers.  They are dearly appreciated.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 11:03 AM

Darlene---great to hear that you are doing so well with your sales.  Do the 10 min table runners really take 10 min? lol  They probably wouldn't for me.

Linny---glad to hear that Barbara has a better room with a nice view.  I'm sure they are very concerned that she got a fracture.  I hope the radiation goes well and she is feeling better.  Hugs to you both.  It is always stressful to have a roommate in the hospital.  Patients have told me stories and seem to actually suffer from post traumatic stress from being hospitalized/  Maybe now she will get some good rest.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 8 2014 2:24 PM

Hey Ladies stopped in to catch up on all of you.  Shofar things are going really good.  We've finished competing and been to the Alamo.  The girls andi did some retail therapy this afternoon while Donn judged.  Now he's here and we are head to Market Steet. 

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

I wanted to stop in and say hey myself. 

My prayers are out to all in need right now.

We had a busy fourth. I got a wild hair to paint the living room, among other things. Too much like work. LOL. Good time to weed out some of those things going back up to the dust catcher plant shelves. I see now why a lot of people are closing those things in. Only for the young, They are to be able to climb up there and take things down to clean twice a year or so. I have two of them that span 15 feet so you can imagine the silk plants, and decorative things they can hold. Needless to say, we didn't get finished, and the cable guy is coming Thursday. He'll either think we just moved in, or I'll end up on an episode of hoarders for sure. LOL

Today was lunch with a friend and off to a Designer fabric store. We had a great time and lucky for her she found the exact fabric she was looking for, and deeply discounted. I found one myself that will make a couple pretty pillows for the couch or a table runner or two down the road. It was discounted from $80.00 a yard to $20. Everything else I touched was around $150.00 a yard. That's not happenin' on my budget. And certainly not with all the dogs.

Page 187 of 236 (3538 items) «Prev185186187188189Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use