rated by 0 users
This post has 3,820 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:27 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Donna-------this quilt is gorgeous!  I love the brightness and the silkies of your family members.  I'm sure she will treasure it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:32 PM

Diane:

Linny---how is it all going with you and Barb?

Barb's taken another turn for the worse.  We were meeting with home health care nurse at her house today to discuss options and possible therapy for Barb.  Her daughter got there a little early and found Barb on the floor.  She was conscious, but she couldn't tell us anything about it, when, how, etc.  She was shaking terribly and was cold.  Her feet were blue and her oxygen level was 86 at one point.  She was taken to the hospital and will see a neurologist and a neurosurgeon tomorrow.  They did a CAT scan and the tumor has gotten larger since the last test.  They said there is massive swelling in her brain and are thinking she had a seizure.  All her doctors will discuss her condition and then will decide what treatment, if any, is the best.  We spent the rest of the day in the ER with one test and Dr. after another.  It's all a blur right now.  I just got home a little bit ago.  We were so thankful for the home health nurse.  She handled everything for us with phone calls to her Dr., the hospital and even helped us get her to the bathroom and changed and into her bed.  It's like God planned this meeting so we'd have that nurse to be there for Barb right at the critical tim.  Barb couldn't tell anyone her name today and didn't know why she was in the hospital.  The doctors are all amazed that she doesn't feel any pain.  I know God has his hand on her, regardless of what happens next.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring.  I pray that if this is the end that she passes peacefully.  I may not post much, but will try to let you all know what's going on.  Thanks for all your prayers.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 94
Points 2,405
Jo1030 replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 3:25 AM

Linny t:
Barb's taken another turn for the worse.

My heart aches for you Linny.    Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 5:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

Linny,  I'm so sorry for you and Barb.  The world is so topsy turvy in times like this.   Seems like when you get one piece of hope someone jerks it away as quickly as you got it.   Prayers for you, Barb and her daughter.   Hang in there.

As for your question about Donn and the bride, I think the old sentimental codger is really going to have a bit of trouble with the words "Her mother and I" of course he will never admit it.   He has seen the dress but it was in a parade of pictures with several others.  But he doesn't know which one she picked so there will still be an element of surprise. 

Mamag,  Love the quilt!

Diane,  I hope that your sugar is leveling out.

Jo,  how about Roxy?

Well,  I'm getting off.  I still have my curriculum maps to write for the school  board office.   There due on the 10th and I've already told them that won't happen.  But the lady who is in charge and answering to the big dog is a high school friend of mine and I don't want to get her in to much trouble. 

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 284
Points 5,005

I pray that God lays his merciful hands on you and your family, Linny.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 938
Points 15,885

Geez Linny I am so sorry about Barb.  This week is not good for me with friends and cancer news.  Its making me very depressed to know two of my closest friends since elementary school are in the battle of their lives with breast cancer.  Prayers for everyone.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:11 PM

Linny---thank you for updating us.  It sounds like she is passing quickly..  My sister fought breast cancer for 10 years.  She knew when it went to her brain.  It took a while but her husband told me she got up in the morning to go to the bathroom and when she got back in bed she gasped and died.  She was also pain free.  We all take our own journey to the spirit world.  She is going to a great place and will be at peace.  I hope you are taking care of yourself through this.  It must be such a strain. Prayers for you and your family.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:02 PM

Lillie,

I mailed your block today.   With the holiday I'm sure it won't reach you until Wednesday, although the slip says to expect it Monday.  I'm posting the tracking number because I leave for San Antonio Sunday and if something happens and you need to track it you'll have it.  The number is  9114901230803344667441 

Robin.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 4:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Fourth of July!  Wow how time flies.

Today will not be so much about fireworks and picnics, as Donn and I will be packing and getting ready to head out with three students to San Antonio, Texas for National Competition.  We will be leaving Sunday out of Orlando and return on Thursday.  Out of the 7 eligible 3 have decided to go so we'll go and give it our best.

Linny,  I will be praying for you and Barb. 

Lillie,  I shipped your block yesterday.  Please see prior post for the tracking number.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 9:38 AM

Happy 4th everyone.  I will be staying home anticipating rain!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 284
Points 5,005
lilliepad replied on Fri, Jul 4 2014 10:20 AM

What a beautiful image Diane. Happy 4th to you and everyone else.

I think we might go to an AA baseball game his afternoon. I hope it stays on the cloudy side with a slight breeze. Supposed to be 91 today. YUCK!  NO other plans for the two of us. We like to spend time alone together during most holidays, unless we are the ones throwing the party. We're much better hosts than attendees.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 4:19 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I hope you all had a good fourth and that your Saturday will be productive.

We leave today to go to Orlando to spend the night so we can be at the Orlando Airport at 5 with a 7:35 flight.   The kids are suppose to meet me there.   I hope that they all make it on time.  

Linny,  I know that your heart is breaking and I wish so much that I had the words to say to comfort you.   I pray that you are comforted by the One who truly understands your pain and that you will find Him in the stillness of your life.  I pray that Barb will continue to be pain free and that she to will know peace.

Lillie,  Sounds like us.  The fireworks in our town are done about a block and a half from our house and we didn't even go outside to watch them from the back deck.  I did cook a good meal that was the Fourth of July Favorites.

Diane,  I loved your Fourth of July image which made me think of a silkie, which led me to a holiday round robin.  Everyone could pick whatever holiday they wanted to do or we could designate which one we all wanted to work on.  I know the ornaments are next and I'm up for that this is just a suggestion to keep in the back of our mind.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 7:01 AM

Robin, I wish you good luck and a safe journey today.  Hope the kids make it on time and you get a few hugs to take with you.  I like your holiday RR idea.  That'd be a good thing for the next RR.

Barb had a good day yesterday morning.  She actually could hold conversation somewhat.  She understands, or at least did, that she's at the end of life.  She thought her kids were hiding it from her.  I waited until they were off getting a meal and talked with her about it.  It's basically down to weeks or days with no treatment.  Maybe a month or 2 with radiation, but radiation sickness with that.  She said maybe she'd decide in the morning, but even that made her drift off mentally.  I couldn't let the opportunity pass to give her that dignity of knowing and choosing her own destiny.  The kids are taking it all really hard.  I say kids, but they're in their 30's & 40's.  You're always a kid where your mom is concerned, though.

Anyways, thanks for the prayers.  we all need them.  I know I need them.  I pray for strength to get through it.  I listen to our local Christian station on the way to the hospital and back.  Somehow it's always the song I need to hear that's playing.  That's when God holds me and I feel it.  I know He's always there, but I feel it then.

I have to say that I don't know when I'll work on Robin's block, but I'm certain I'll be late with it.  I know you all understand.  Sorry, Robin.  It'll be beautiful, though, as I know I'll put my best into it.

Diane, your 4th of July graphic made me smile and think of a silkie, too.  Thanks for finding it and sharing it.  I saw the fireworks a little from the hospital as I was leaving.  The hospital is on the river and that's where the big fireworks are, too.  Made me think of all the 4th of July's Barb and I shared as kids and then as adults when she moved down here...sweet memories...  The 4th theme would make a pretty CQ block, wouldn't it?

I'll check in when I can.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend, full of smiles and happy surprises...

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 8:45 AM

Linny t:

Robin, I wish you good luck and a safe journey today.  Hope the kids make it on time and you get a few hugs to take with you.  I like your holiday RR idea.  That'd be a good thing for the next RR.

Barb had a good day yesterday morning.  She actually could hold conversation somewhat.  She understands, or at least did, that she's at the end of life.  She thought her kids were hiding it from her.  I waited until they were off getting a meal and talked with her about it.  It's basically down to weeks or days with no treatment.  Maybe a month or 2 with radiation, but radiation sickness with that.  She said maybe she'd decide in the morning, but even that made her drift off mentally.  I couldn't let the opportunity pass to give her that dignity of knowing and choosing her own destiny.  The kids are taking it all really hard.  I say kids, but they're in their 30's & 40's.  You're always a kid where your mom is concerned, though.

Anyways, thanks for the prayers.  we all need them.  I know I need them.  I pray for strength to get through it.  I listen to our local Christian station on the way to the hospital and back.  Somehow it's always the song I need to hear that's playing.  That's when God holds me and I feel it.  I know He's always there, but I feel it then.

I have to say that I don't know when I'll work on Robin's block, but I'm certain I'll be late with it.  I know you all understand.  Sorry, Robin.  It'll be beautiful, though, as I know I'll put my best into it.

Diane, your 4th of July graphic made me smile and think of a silkie, too.  Thanks for finding it and sharing it.  I saw the fireworks a little from the hospital as I was leaving.  The hospital is on the river and that's where the big fireworks are, too.  Made me think of all the 4th of July's Barb and I shared as kids and then as adults when she moved down here...sweet memories...  The 4th theme would make a pretty CQ block, wouldn't it?

I'll check in when I can.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend, full of smiles and happy surprises...

Linny,

Don't give that block another thought.   You take care of your sister and yourself that is way more important.   This verse is one that I keep over my computer because so often I need to hear it.  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  2 Cor 12:9.   

Much Love, Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Jul 5 2014 1:53 PM

Linny t:

I waited until they were off getting a meal and talked with her about it.  It's basically down to weeks or days with no treatment.  Maybe a month or 2 with radiation, but radiation sickness with that.  She said maybe she'd decide in the morning, but even that made her drift off mentally.  I couldn't let the opportunity pass to give her that dignity of knowing and choosing her own destiny.  The kids are taking it all really hard.  I say kids, but they're in their 30's & 40's.  You're always a kid where your mom is concerned, though.

Linny---at the end of life comfort is needed and it sounds like Barbara  is comfortable.  When my Dad was dying, he had pneumonia.  Many times what doctors do is just not treat it and let the patient die.  I told my mother to chose to not treat it and he died in 3 days.  It was better for us that way.  I surely would not put Barbara through radiation when she is in and out of confusion.  What would it do but make her feel sick.  I know the choice is for her to make.  Whatever you choose, I am praying for you all the be strong through this painful time.  It sounds like you have great memories.  It makes me remember my parent's and sister's passing.  I feel that they are with me and often my grandmothers when I think of them and often talk to them in my mind and continue to work out problems we had.  Also I remember things that made us happy and the family times that we had. .

Page 186 of 255 (3821 items) «Prev184185186187188Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use