My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,077 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 10:32 AM

Lillie----sorry to hear about your health issues.  I think you are right to put it into God's hands.  Cancer can be cured.  Prayers for you for a smooth course of therapy.  People will be coming out of the woodwork to support and pray for you.

Robin---Laurie looks so beautiful and happy.  The dress is so elegant.  I also want to see a close up of the lace that you talked about.  Maybe later when you aren't so busy.  What a beautiful figure she has!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 4:12 PM

Lillie,

I'm so sorry to hear the news as well. I admire your attitude about it, and your desired effort to be willing to change whatever needs to be changed to promote healing. Prayers out to you on this. What's the next step?

You have a super boss at the shop. To have that consideration in her worrying about you taking care of yourself and that she's willing to take care of things while you're gone is so few and far between. Really special.

Diane,

That's pretty cool about the machine (pump). Do you keep a food diary as well? Congrat's on more eggs, and best wishes for a full brood....  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,524
Points 138,813
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 4:27 PM

Robin:

Good Morning to all of you,

Seems like it was time to get up and get moving.   I have one week until we leave for Nationals so there is plenty to do around my house.  I sure hope that you all are off to a good start of the week.

So permission has been granted to reveal the dress, so here she is.....

She was so funny because she thought I liked another one,  when I knew two weeks ago when she put this one on it was the dress.   She said I was a sneaky mom.

The one she has on is to long so we had it factory alternate for her height.  The veil is the length that she wants I just have to make it.

I had a lot of fun yesterday working on Lillie's block.  Hope to finish it and have it on it's way home before the week is up.  

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes for Laurie.  I will be coveting those prayers.   I'm trying not to let it become the issue in out lives unless it has to.   I read a quote on FB that really spoke to me "Worrying is to use your imagination to create something you don't want."   So I've been practicing imagining things I do want.

Have a great day.  

Robin

Robin,

Laurie looks so beautiful in this gown! Melissa found a really pretty veil this length at Hobby Lobby believe it or not. It has pretty scalloped edges too. Best of all the price was somewhere around $15.00 on sale. I was shocked, to say the least.

God bless her in her thyroid issues. I like the quote. I think as women we get into the mindset that the more we worry, it might help in making things be ok. The reality of it is, sadly enough, is that  it affects our whole well being and everyone that loves us. I'd just love to get to the blind faith point to hand it over to God, and worry when things become a reality. Wouldn't you? I think of the anxiety and sleepless nights I have spent making myself sick with worry, only to find my mind has taken those "What if's?" into making me over the top with worry. Somewhere I know there has to be a balance for it, but I have yet to find it. Saying's like this, Bible study  and knowing that people care have been the best medicine until I get it figured out. :0)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,720
Jo1030 replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 5:55 PM

Hi Ladies,   I think we all could use some humor......We took Rosco to get his first shots today.   Weight 2.5 lbs,  no ear mites, no worms and very healthy.  There is only one problem....they can't tell if he is a boy or girl.  lol  He said hopefully when he is 5 mos. old he will be able to tell,  so Rosco may be a Rosemary.  He knows his name, so he/she will probably stay Rosco unless we can come up with a girl name that sounds like Rosco.  Any suggestions???    I have always been able to tell the sex of kittens and I think he is a boy.     We will see.  Maybe a girl will be more loving.     ^ .. ^       Hugs.  Jo 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 4:53 AM

Jo1030:

Hi Ladies,   I think we all could use some humor......We took Rosco to get his first shots today.   Weight 2.5 lbs,  no ear mites, no worms and very healthy.  There is only one problem....they can't tell if he is a boy or girl.  lol  He said hopefully when he is 5 mos. old he will be able to tell,  so Rosco may be a Rosemary.  He knows his name, so he/she will probably stay Rosco unless we can come up with a girl name that sounds like Rosco.  Any suggestions???    I have always been able to tell the sex of kittens and I think he is a boy.     We will see.  Maybe a girl will be more loving.     ^ .. ^       Hugs.  Jo 

Lord have mercy Jo!  I'm giggling and probably will be all day.   A girl named Rosco will be a story for years. How about rascal?  I never knew of a kitten sex mystery.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,015
Points 64,940
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 5:09 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and moving later than usual.   I've got a 9:30 dentist appointment in Tallahassee so I've got to get my move on..

I officially finished my packing yesterday and I can start working on the next steps whenever I'm ready but I'm going to take sometime off from moving and focus on some paper work the county wants done before I start school.   If it is not  one thing then it's another. 

Thanks for the compliments on Laurie's dress. Maybe this post will let you click and enlarge.  

Have a great day.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 10:52 AM

Robin:

Have a great day.

Robin

Every time I see your beautiful Laurie in her bridal gown it gives me a lift!  She is right in style with the brides I see on the shows.  It's so exciting!

I have been trying to be more sociable.  They had a "meet and greet" today with the new management.  I should have gone but something holds me back. I'm such a recluse.  I am working on understanding that I may never see my daughter again.  She blames me for all the things she doesn't like about herself and genetics.  She is so paranoid and fearful.  In my mind I am imaging a stone wall like they have in New England with a pathway through it.  I am working on adding stones to the pathway to eventually close it up. It's for my sanity and my ability to move on. I am working on building my circle of friends and calling them on a regular basis.  I'll get there.

Thanks for listening.

Have a good Tuesday.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:00 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and moving later than usual.   I've got a 9:30 dentist appointment in Tallahassee so I've got to get my move on..

I officially finished my packing yesterday and I can start working on the next steps whenever I'm ready but I'm going to take sometime off from moving and focus on some paper work the county wants done before I start school.   If it is not  one thing then it's another. 

Thanks for the compliments on Laurie's dress. Maybe this post will let you click and enlarge.  

Have a great day.

Robin

What a beautiful bride she is in that dress.  It's just perfect for her and look at that huge smile on her face.  What does Donn think of it?  Daddy's little girl getting married?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:06 AM

Jo1030:

This is too funny.  Rosco doesn't care if his name is a girl name or a boy name, I bet.  He just cares that you love him.  "Bosco" sounds like it and it's more trans-gender.  I think you should keep Rosco and care less if he's a she, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,153
Points 111,080
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 11:15 AM

lilliepad:
How am I feeling? To be honest, I'm rather blazay about the whole thing. I will do whatever is needed to promote healing. Changing my diet and taking whatever meds are directed by the oncologist. Other than that I leave myself in the merciful hands of my Lord.
 Good for you, not letting this news rock you.  Keep the faith, Lillie.  Good news about the job, too.  If it were so serious they'd have made an appointment the next day, so that's kind of good, too.  Not for the waiting, but still.  You're in my prayers, dear.  

Barb's radiologist did just that for her yesterday.  As soon as he read the report he got her right in to get things going.  They're giving her targeted radiation treatments, 10 total, to shrink her tumor.  He said she'll do much better once they do that.  So, we got a little hope yesterday.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Tue, Jul 1 2014 3:27 PM

Jo--I've been thinking about the name thing.  Rosy or Rosa would be pretty.  Luckily, I knew the sex of my Ange because she's a calico and they are always female.  Have fun!

You may want to think of a unisex name like Riley.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,720
Jo1030 replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 3:30 AM

Diane:
You may want to think of a unisex name like Riley.

Thanks, Diane......I would like to have something that sounds like Rosco, only for a girl. So far the only thing I have come up with is Yoko, but I don't really like that.  I don't want it to sound like Sammy's name.  It may just stay Rosco.  He/she won't know the difference.  

I am so sorry to hear of your relationship with your daughter.  Is she your only child?  I always wished I had had a girl, (3 boys)  but then I wonder if we would have gotten along, it seems like so many mothers and daughters don't get along.  I hope she comes to her senses and realizes that you will always love her and want what is best for her.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:32 AM

Steph--I don't keep a food diary.  The pump allows you to eat what you want when you want.  It will even give you some now and some in half an hour or give it to you slowly along with your baseline.  You can't eat loads of carbs at a time but it's a great thing to have especially when you have no insulin in your body.  It is my pancreas.

Jo--my daughter were so close when she was growing up.  Her teenage years were spent in and out of mental hospitals and trying to commit suicide.  She also cut herself.

It was so hard.  She only wants to remember the bad stuff even thought there were so many good things.  She wouldn't even go to school!  I finally got her into alternative schools and she lasted in one for a year.  She is very intelligent and high functioning and you would never guess she has been through all this.  I can't tell you all of it---I would be writing forever.  But she did say that one thing that she knew is that I loved her---even though I was a terrible mother.  Oh well.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,084
Points 41,620
Diane replied on Wed, Jul 2 2014 8:33 AM

Linny---how is it all going with you and Barb?

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 11,770

Robin what a gorgeous bride.  So exciting.

Well this is my Crazy Memorial Quilt I made for my Mom's 70th birthday.

Page 185 of 206 (3078 items) «Prev183184185186187Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use