My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,818 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 10:39 AM

Mamag, I'm sorry you've had such a bad week.  Hope it levels out for you.  Those migraines are killer.  I've had a few myself.  I can always tell they're coming on when my skin feels every breeze and the dogs nails on the floor ticking drives me nuts.  I am so sorry you get those along with FM.  Seems terribly unfair!  Hope you continue to feel better.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 10:41 AM

Stephanie:

Donna,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time physically. No stranger to migraines in my younger years. Every day for almost a year, cluster migraines. It turned out the cause was a new birth control pill the doctor had prescribed just before I started having them. I spent thousands of dollars in Neurology bills, etc. I decided on my own to stop taking the pill. It was totally disregarded as the cause, but I had a coworker suffer a stroke at seventeen after she started taking them. Anyway, I was fortunate. Within three months after quitting them I was totally free and have only suffered one since. It's become one of the strongest reasons I am so anti-med oriented. You'd have had to have been in my poor head to realize how bad it was. It got to the point where I would say something and have it echo in my head like a bad movie where the sound isn't lined up with what people are saying. I was still working full time, in an extremely busy store and thought I was going crazy. God blessed me, and I hope he does you as well....  

Wow, those were bad ones!  I'm glad you figured out it must be the BC and stopped taking it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 10:46 AM

Darlene :
Based on the past 5 days, I have decided not to add another market to my schedule.
 Very wise.  Maybe you're just pushing yourself too hard.  You know how we all keep saying we don't know how you do it?  Well, now your body seems to be getting back at you for it.  I really hope it's the food that's causing it.  Another possibility is that you're fighting something like a flu.   The good part is you have a great doctor who has seen you recently and has fresh tests already.  When will you see her next?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 10:50 AM

Jo1030:
I think I feel better this morning. My temp went up to 100.7 last night. My knee feels better this morning.  We are baby sitting Rosie (the guinea pig) for a week. Her family is going to Disney World. Rosco is really checking Rosie out.  Last night when we brought Sammy in for the night, he was going around checking out every toy that Rosco had played with. There was a cord that I had been using to play with him and Sammy got hold of it and took it down on the floor.  Of course, all the toys were Sammy's toys first.         Hugs, Jo

I'm glad you're feeling better, Jo.  That's funny about Sammy.  He's just inspecting and protecting his "territory".  What does Rosco think of Rosie?  I bet he'd like to play with her.  He looks like he's not much bigger than a guinea pig himself, lol.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 2,385
Jo1030 replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 9:17 PM

Linny t:
What does Rosco think of Rosie?  I bet he'd like to play with her.  He looks like he's not much bigger than a guinea pig himself, lol.

Rosco is very curious about Rosie.  I took Rosie in the bathroom and called Rosco to come in also,  Rosco acted afraid of Rosie when she would come close to him. Rosco hit her on her nose with his paw a couple of times and Rosie just shook her head and kept coming closer to Rosco. Rosco climbs on top of her cage and gets his nose up to the side of the cage trying to figure out what she is.  He is braver when she is in the cage.  Well it is bedtime so that is it for now.    Hugs. Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

i've stopped in to catch up and see how everyone is doing.  so sorry so many of you are feeling poorly.

Training has been ok.  I've reunited with several people from last year and met some new ones.  The training is good but I think I enjoyed last year more. I'm very nervous about tomorrow we have to do a mystery basket by are self.  Meaning cook something based on what's in the basket and plate it for the chef. I just know I'm going to freeze or mess up. After that madness I have to take two test. Heaven help me! 

Darlene,

i have an iPhone 5

have a great day. 

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 5:21 AM

Linny t:
Wow, those were bad ones!  I'm glad you figured out it must be the BC and stopped taking it.

God smiled on me with having the notion to stop taking them. I wasn't getting any results from the doctors, and they blew off the idea that the BC could be the cause, I had become desperate to try anything. They didn't have the medications they do now for migraines. I still relate the story because you just never know if it may help someone else. It's probably a rare thing to have that happen...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 6:16 AM

Robin:
 Meaning cook something based on what's in the basket and plate it for the chef. I just know I'm going to freeze or mess up. After that madness I have to take two test. Heaven help me! 

I've watched some tv shows where the chef's had to do this challenge. Crazy pressure for the short time frame they have to do it in. Best of luck to you.....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 6:19 AM

Jo,

It's so much fun reading about Rosco. That sweet, innocent curiosity that only comes with little ones. Thanks for sharing....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 284
Points 5,005
lilliepad replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:04 AM

Stephanie:

Robin:
 Meaning cook something based on what's in the basket and plate it for the chef. I just know I'm going to freeze or mess up. After that madness I have to take two test. Heaven help me! 

I've watched some tv shows where the chef's had to do this challenge. Crazy pressure for the short time frame they have to do it in. Best of luck to you.....  

Robin, no matter what ingredients are in the basket, present it as spaghetti. Everyone loves spaghetti.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Stephanie:

It's so much fun reading about Rosco. That sweet, innocent curiosity that only comes with little ones. Thanks for sharing....

He spent all afternoon in bed with me yesterday.  He came up and put his head on my arm and even pushed his head into my hand to be petted.  I hope that he stays loveable.  He plays hard and then he sleeps for an hour or so, typical cat.     Hugs, Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:51 AM

Donna---so sorry about your migraines.  I thought they had better meds for that now.  I hope they don't happen too often.

Darlene--I think you are running neck and neck with Robin on who runs the most and gets things done.  I admire you both.

I found out yesterday that they are letting all the management and staff in the rental office go on Friday.  We have a new management company taking over and they are doing a clean sweep!  They plan to line all the pipes in the building with pvc pipe to stop the leaks and spruce up the decor.

This is a 40 year old building that used to be a very fancy assisted living.  It is built very well and many apartments a large---like mine which is a one bed room.  It is so well built that I rarely hear noise from other apartments.  We do have small kitchens but they are big enough for one person.

We know the staff well because they are just downstairs and we can walk in there any time.  

I hope the new management can restore the beauty that this building deserves.   We have one guy who works for the owners who was very tight with the money.   Finally we found someone there who gave us a fantastic security system, a great exercise room and a nice computer room with a craft area.  He was so irritated.  I believe the new management will be better and am looking forward to working with them.

There is a party planned tomorrow for the staff that is leaving.  Sad to see them go.

Have a great Friday eve everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:07 PM

Jo1030:
Rosco is very curious about Rosie.  I took Rosie in the bathroom and called Rosco to come in also,  Rosco acted afraid of Rosie when she would come close to him. Rosco hit her on her nose with his paw a couple of times and Rosie just shook her head and kept coming closer to Rosco. Rosco climbs on top of her cage and gets his nose up to the side of the cage trying to figure out what she is.  He is braver when she is in the cage.  Well it is bedtime so that is it for now.    Hugs. Jo
  I think this is so cute.  The innocence of kittens.  Hope he stays affectionate for you.  My kitty did.  I call him my Man Cat, lol.  His name is Midnight.  He will climb right up into my arms whenever I bend over.  He's black with yellow eyes.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,333
Points 113,860
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:09 PM

Robin:

Hi Everyone,

i've stopped in to catch up and see how everyone is doing.  so sorry so many of you are feeling poorly.

Training has been ok.  I've reunited with several people from last year and met some new ones.  The training is good but I think I enjoyed last year more. I'm very nervous about tomorrow we have to do a mystery basket by are self.  Meaning cook something based on what's in the basket and plate it for the chef. I just know I'm going to freeze or mess up. After that madness I have to take two test. Heaven help me! 

Darlene,

i have an iPhone 5

have a great day. 

Robin

Robin, can't wait to hear about what was in your basket and what you made with it.  Hope you did well on your tests, too.  I'm sure you did fine.

Linny T

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 935
Points 15,790

Thanks everyone.  Feeling much better today. They have better medication for migraines now but for some reason none of them work for me.  Figures.  I just hate that so many of us have some kind of ailment.  Thank goodness we have quilting, QCA, and each other for healing therapy.

• Post Points: 35
Page 182 of 255 (3819 items) «Prev180181182183184Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use