My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,758 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 10:22 AM

Lillie------the work you did on Stephanie's block is just darling.  I love it!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 10:23 AM

Robin--what will you be learning about this year?

• Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 2,355
Jo1030 replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 11:16 AM

lilliepad:
Here is my work on Stephanie's block.

That is really neat, Lillie.  I love the dressmaker form.

I am glad you made it to Miami safely, Robin.   I drove in Miami several years ago and I am sure the traffic is much worse now.

Rosco got up on my lap this morning and went to sleep.   Yaaay!!  Sammy is still being a meany. Rosco wants to go up to him but Sammy wants no part of that.....hissing and growling.     I got up not feeling good this morning; headache, slight fever and my replacement  knee is really hurting when I walk.  I have been sweating so I think the fever broke.  I never get headaches, so when I get one, I know something is wrong.       Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 909
Points 15,095

Stephanie's block is too cute.  Love it.

Yes I'm alive but had a terrible week last week with migraines and FM.

Did manage to sew in between the pain.

Jo feel better soon.  Hate that a bunch of us are under the weather.

Glad Robin that your back from Miami safely.  I don't really like to go there either.

• Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835
lilliepad replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 3:46 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

Yes I'm alive but had a terrible week last week with migraines and FM.

MamaG- I feel for you suffering with migraines. I used to get them all the time. It seemed as soon as I went through menopause, I would get one every 7 days. It was frightening. Slowly, over the years, they have subsided. I have not had one in almost 2 years, though I still get my meds refilled every year just in case. . I pray that everyone who suffers from them has their pain eased by the grace of God.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Lillie, your work on Stephanie's block is wonderful.  So many beautiful additions.  Stephanie is a lucky lady.

Actually, all the participants in this RR are lucky.  These will be works of art when their owners get them back and finish them to serve the purpose each of you has intended.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Robin:
working off of my phone

Robin, what kind of phone do you have?  I can't post with my phone on this site.  The sites I can post to can be challenging with my phone, so I appreciate what you are saying.

Glad you arrived safely and that you have been able to get reacquainted with people you met last year.

Hope that your classes go smoothly and that your time after class is filled with fun [but not too much fun! ]

Have a great week and travel safely when you come home

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

MamaG, so sorry to hear about your migraines and that your FM flared up last week as well.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835
lilliepad replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 4:41 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

I almost forgot, Stephanie's block should arrive home this Thurs/Fri,  YAY!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Tough weekend.  I've been lurking and reading what you ladies are posting, just haven't been on the site to respond.

Friday afternoon I had a bad spell of fatigue.  Not sure exactly what caused it but I crashed in the recliner for almost 5 hours when I got home.

Saturday was a semi productive day and I got some things accomplished but right now, as I type, I couldn't tell you what they were.

Sunday was a typical Sunday.  I got up and went to church, took care of the things I normally do after service to assist at the church and came home.  I sat in the recliner and crashed again for 4 hours.  I am beginning to see a pattern here.

Monday was a full day.  Tim had doctor appointment in morning with primary.  Since I just left their office, I made him go alone.  I went to visit MIL and spend my weekly time with her.  We had to go to Rochester for Tim's MRI.  He was having an especially tough day with the trauma of the procedure.  Each MRI is tough for him but yesterday seemed to be the worst in quite some time.  I took my bag with me and pinned all the tiny pieces of the scrappy project I am currently working on.  [in case I have never said this here, I HATE to pin but it is a necessary evil for this project because of all the bias and in order to keep all the pieces going in the proper order]  I am making a Christmas tree skirt with the Lotus pattern and my Christmas fabrics I had on hand.  Kind of winging the modification of the pattern to make this happen but I think I have calculated properly and that it will be put together before the end of the month.  When we got home, I made dinner and got involved crocheting and watching old episodes of Criminal Minds.  I stayed up way too late.

Today I slept in a little because of being up late.  I had some things to deliver to the consignment shop which were in various stages of completion so I headed to the dungeon without breakfast.  I got everything done and delivered, came home and had some lunch.  I fell asleep in the recliner again.  The pattern has definitely been set and I need to break it.

In looking back at the last few days, I know that part of this can be attributed to my eating habits on the days of fatigue.  Many years ago, I was diagnosed with Epstein-Barre. The doctors found it when they tested me for mono.  It is a blood disorder which is based on dietary intake.  When I was pregnant with Kyle, my obstetrician didn't think this was a valid diagnosis and calmed my fears of passing it on to Kyle.  For many years I have not had any major symptoms or complications but the last week have made me wonder.  I will discuss this with my doctor when I see her again.  I have been told for years that I am anemic but I think this is more than anemia.

In the meantime, I am keeping a dietary journal to take with me.  The hardest part of controlling this was the balance of what I ate with what.  Truthfully, it has been so many years, I do not even remember all of it.  I do remember cutting out caffeine [that will be tough], no carbonated beverages [I have been drinking these zero cal sparkling flavored waters] and the mixture of carbs and proteins.[but I do not remember the details on this part of the puzzle]

Based on the past 5 days, I have decided not to add another market to my schedule.  I sent a text message to one of the board of directors and said that I appreciated their acceptance of me as a vendor but due to health concerns, I would not be able to do at this time.  Hoping that if things clear up and I feel better later in the season, they will be open to me coming for a few weeks. 

I haven't shared my concerns with Tim.  He believes this is mental fatigue and stress and he may be correct.  I had all this under control when we met and he never saw me during the worst of it.

Thanks for letting me share.  I know that I am not alone with health issues among this group.  We all have our challenges and that is the beauty of this group.  We are able to unload.

I need to think about dinner and it is pouring.  My plans were to grill but not sure I want to stand out there in the lightning with an umbrella.  Looks like dinner will be cooked on the stove. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835
lilliepad replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 4:59 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

I almost forgot, Stephanie's block should arrive home this Thurs/Fri,  YAY!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:29 PM

Jo, 

So sweet that Rosco is starting to get in your lap. He'll be a snuggler in no time. I wonder if because they are both males that it's taking Sammy longer to accept him. Hopefully everything will work out with them. I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope it's just a touch of that flu going around. I'd surely call the doctor about your knee though.  Take care of yourself. Hugs back to you...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 5:41 PM

Donna,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time physically. No stranger to migraines in my younger years. Every day for almost a year, cluster migraines. It turned out the cause was a new birth control pill the doctor had prescribed just before I started having them. I spent thousands of dollars in Neurology bills, etc. I decided on my own to stop taking the pill. It was totally disregarded as the cause, but I had a coworker suffer a stroke at seventeen after she started taking them. Anyway, I was fortunate. Within three months after quitting them I was totally free and have only suffered one since. It's become one of the strongest reasons I am so anti-med oriented. You'd have had to have been in my poor head to realize how bad it was. It got to the point where I would say something and have it echo in my head like a bad movie where the sound isn't lined up with what people are saying. I was still working full time, in an extremely busy store and thought I was going crazy. God blessed me, and I hope he does you as well....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 24 2014 6:36 PM

Darlene,

Your life has been crazy with things going on. I'm not surprised that you are fatigued! I just had a chat with my best friend about diet, and how mine has gotten out of control and I've felt so sickly lately. It plays such a huge role for me, as in reading about your anemia and Epson Barr, it must for you as well. Then throw the stresses in, and you are out in all sorts of weather elements as well. And on top of it, funky sleep patterns. It's no surprise you have been exhausted. We're not getting any younger, either. Considering all this, it may be time to see a doctor yourself. With all the considerations you may have a flair up of the virus that you've been able to manage. Don't put yourself on the back burner! You know your body, and need to take heed of what it is saying to you my friend.

Weight watchers as well as many others, I'm sure has a phone app for keeping a food diary. If you make some changes, and don't find results in a week I'd make an appointment. I've realized an energy increase in a matter of a couple days bumping up my vitamins, eating foods my system tolerates, and drinking lots of water. The heat and wind can dehydrate us in no time. I like the smart water too with electrolytes. Gatorade is not on my list for tolerance because of the sugar content. Makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I feel so bad for you. I hope you are able to work things out on your own. I know you are doing everything on your own to try to make things better. Thank you for sharing with us. My prayers are with you...

You are so right in the rr's and having our own little works of art. I love that this time we have all been project oriented instead of just making a block and then trying to decide what to do with it after. I'm looking forward to putting my scissor keeps together, and I'm sure the others are anxious to do their projects as well.

I thought of you today as I was watching Quilting Arts in my saved shows. She did some "wine" cozies that were made of 4 cotton fabrics. They were easy peasy, and very attractive. I personally am not a wine drinker, but there are a ton of people out there that are, and I think they could  be really good sellers in a market. Especially displayed on a wine glass. Even as gifts. A set of 4 coasters, and a simple bottle bag.

Isn't it just like me, when you're stressed and feeling bad to start throwing inspiration to you. Sorry,  it's my way of letting you know I'm thinking of you.... 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 2,355
Jo1030 replied on Wed, Jun 25 2014 6:21 AM

Stephanie:
Every day for almost a year, cluster migraines.

OMG, Stephanie, I can't imagine having a headache every day! You poor thing.  George's daughter, Myrna, has migraines; they seem to be associated with her tlme of the month.  I think I feel better this morning. My temp went up to 100.7 last night. My knee feels better this morning.  We are baby sitting Rosie (the guinea pig) for a week. Her family is going to Disney World. Rosco is really checking Rosie out.  Last night when we brought Sammy in for the night, he was going around checking out every toy that Rosco had played with. There was a cord that I had been using to play with him and Sammy got hold of it and took it down on the floor.  Of course, all the toys were Sammy's toys first.         Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 20
Page 181 of 251 (3759 items) «Prev179180181182183Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use