My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,757 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 4:13 PM

Darlene---the quilt top is so beautiful.  I love the colors and you piecing looks perfect.  I don't think I have the patience for that.

I am feeling much better.  I have finished the medication.  Thanks for asking.

I had a wonderful huge lunch in our restaurant.  The food was so great.  and they had peach cobbler for dessert.  Also they had a candy table set up so I had to get some of that for later.  We had a great time.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 5:29 PM

Diane:

Lovely work Linny.  Lillie's block is full of beautiful embroidery.  I am still working on Robin's block.  Another extensive job.  LOL  Will have it ready to send soon Linny.

Thanks, Diane.  As usual it was a joy.  Just let me know when you mail it so I can look for it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 5:31 PM

Pretty quilt, Darlene.  Worth getting a ticket for.  The wedding sounds so sweet.  Too bad it was cool for the wedding party.  I'm glad it wasn't too warm.  That would have been worse, probably.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Darlene :
So, here is why I almost got a speeding ticket:

Your quilt is beautiful, Darlene! Your points look soooooo good.  I am glad you didn't get a ticket. I have always heard that you shouldn't hit your brakes when you see a police car also.

Linny, I hope Barb continues to get better and better.  There are so many people in our church that have cancer or have a family member that has it. I have paid for cancer insurance for years because everyone in my mothers family had it.

Rosco is being a typical kitten running around playing and checking everything out. I have let him out of the computer room in to the hall and kitchen.  Sammy is still MAD, he wouldn't even sleep with me last night; he got up on the bed and then would start hissing and get down.  He should adjust eventually.     Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:17 AM

lilliepad:

No worries about getting the block to me. I'm still working on Diane's. I FINALLY finished the hard part and am pleased with the way it turned out. It wasn't that it was difficult to sew, it's more that I was not pleased with the look. So had to unsew it. Now I'm on to embellishing the rest of it. I'm hoping to have it in the mail by Sat. June 21.

I'm revising my original deadline. I worked on Diane's block most of Sunday eve and I believe I'm going to get it in the mail by Tuesday!  YAY.  I'll post again when it actually gets to the PO.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:19 AM

Linny t:

Well, I'm as done as I can be.  I filled in your butterfly, Lillie.  It was fun.  I added the heart button bit below it.  I did the 3 seams on the fan and the trim above it, the butterfly and bead flowers on the left and the little firefly motif in the blue/pink area below it (that was inspired by Juliette and Kevin).  I loved your fabrics, Lillie.  The block is really full already, so I had to leave Robin some room to work.  As usual, it's much prettier in person.  Many of the details just don't show up in the pic.  I still have to write in your journal and pack it all up.  I'll be sending it off to Diane tomorrow.  

Linny,

As always, your work is beautiful, delicate perfection. I wish I could have seen it in person, because I know the sparkle and true color never shows in the pic's.  The dragonflies, and butterflies are my fav's Did you use boullion stitches for the bodies of the butterflies? I love the way they curve into the flowers. Lovely, lovely.... 

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:26 AM

Linny t:

Well, I'm as done as I can be.  I filled in your butterfly, Lillie.  It was fun.  I added the heart button bit below it.  I did the 3 seams on the fan and the trim above it, the butterfly and bead flowers on the left and the little firefly motif in the blue/pink area below it (that was inspired by Juliette and Kevin).  I loved your fabrics, Lillie.  The block is really full already, so I had to leave Robin some room to work.  As usual, it's much prettier in person.  Many of the details just don't show up in the pic.  I still have to write in your journal and pack it all up.  I'll be sending it off to Diane tomorrow.  

I love all the work that has happened on my block. It's all so beautiful. Thank you for making my block come alive. I love everything that is happening on my block. I'm always amazed at the creativity of this group and I'm blessed to be part of it. Thank you.

These fabrics from Allie Aller are really beautiful. Rich, luscious colors and a lovely palette. Unfortunately, for me, I don't really think they lend themselves to crazy quilting. For me, they are just too busy.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:31 AM

Darlene,

What a lovely story. I'm so glad you did not get a ticket.

I love your quilt top. The colors are really vibrant. It looks wonderful. Are they all batiks?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:33 AM

Darlene :

So, here is why I almost got a speeding ticket:

Darlene,

This is gorgeous! I love that when you look at it you can see other patterns like larger triangles. Great job of piecing and love the fabrics. You were so lucky to avoid the ticket. Especially with that many miles over the limit, and not having all your paperwork. Nothing like being in a rush and having to sit and wait to go through all that. 

The wedding sounds like a special time for you. Happy that you made it. One thing I've noticed about the last couple that I've attended  is that they have been filled with wonderful sentiment. And some fresh ideas. One had a locked box that couldn't be unlocked unless the couple were having problems. In it were love letters that they each had written to one another with all the reasons they loved them and why they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. Neither was allowed to read the other ones letter.    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 6:44 AM

Norma Doll:
Rosco is being a typical kitten running around playing and checking everything out. I have let him out of the computer room in to the hall and kitchen.  Sammy is still MAD, he wouldn't even sleep with me last night; he got up on the bed and then would start hissing and get down.  He should adjust eventually.     Hugs, Jo

So cute to read about their antics. Animals are so funny about change sometime, but to date I have never had one that didn't make the adjustment to a new addition.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:22 AM

Norma Doll:

Rosco sounds like he's keeping you entertained.  Nothing cuter than a little fuzz ball tumbling around.  Poor Sammy, though.  He's used to being the apple of your eye.  Hope he comes around soon.  It's an adjustment.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:26 AM

Stephanie:
As always, your work is beautiful, delicate perfection. I wish I could have seen it in person, because I know the sparkle and true color never shows in the pic's.  The dragonflies, and butterflies are my fav's Did you use boullion stitches for the bodies of the butterflies? I love the way they curve into the flowers. Lovely, lovely.... 
 Thanks, Stephanie.  Yes they are really full bullions..something like 13 wraps in less than 1/4" of space.  That's what makes them twist like that..    

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 10:29 AM

lilliepad:
These fabrics from Allie Aller are really beautiful. Rich, luscious colors and a lovely palette. Unfortunately, for me, I don't really think they lend themselves to crazy quilting. For me, they are just too busy.
 I thought they were perfect for your block, Lillie.  They didn't seem busy to me at all.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 11:28 AM

lilliepad:
YAY.  I'll post again when it actually gets to the PO.

WTG! Don't forget to post a pic.

I just finished Linny's block. My camera battery needs to charge a bit, and I'll post a pic as well.....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 4,835
lilliepad replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 12:29 PM

Linny t:

lilliepad:
 I thought they were perfect for your block, Lillie.  They didn't seem busy to me at all.  

Thanks for saying so Linny. I struggled with embellishments on the block. When someone suggested that I use that block for my RR, I jumped at the chance.

Page 172 of 251 (3758 items) «Prev170171172173174Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use