My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,938 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 172
Points 3,260

Linny,

I so sorry to hear this news about Juliette. It is so sad and tragic for everyone. I can't believe they could not find the reason that her heart kept stopping. Your family are in my prayers. Especially Kevin. I pray that God grants him the courage to move beyond the pain and the loss of his beloved Juliette.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Diane:
I've stayed away from batiks because I think they must be hard to hand stitch.

I have never tried to hand stitch batiks but that could be a valid concern.  If I decide to do anything to embellish or quilt by hand, I will let you know.

Diane:

I was with Karen yesterday.  They have a new idea to go to Balize and get married.  There is a 3 day waiting period and they could have a great honeymoon.  They are discussing it.

I hope that plans are moving along in a positive manner and that it all works out for everybody.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Norma Doll:
some Viola/Pansys that George planted for me.

Jo, so nice.  I love pansies and your planters are beautiful.  Tell George that he did good.

I love to repurpose things like your planters.  I frequently look for things like them to use on my display when I am at the market.  I have had to refocus some of my thoughts because of portability.  Some day when I have a store front shop, I will be able to use things like that.  I will continue to dream because my dear Grandma told me:  "If you are going to dream girl, dream BIG!".  [I am sure Tim regrets me being told this as a child]

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Robin:
When do your market days start?  
Robin:
I can't imagine cutting someone's wedding dress

I struggled with the process for just a few minutes and then I just felt the joy of the deconstruction and the possibilities of creating new things.

The dress had a collar which folded over the bodice.  It was rather wide and had two layers of crinoline stitched into it.  I was talking with my friend who gave me the dress and asking her opinion  on whether to take the layers apart or use as is.  She suggested this would be nice for a purse or clutch.  I think she has hit the nail on the head.  I am inspired.  I think that will be my first project from the dress

Robin:
When do your market days start? 

First day is Thursday, June 19th.  We run 15 weeks, so the last week will be September 25.

I am not sure if I have shared about the change in location for the market.  If I have, please forgive my repeating but this is heavy on my heart.

They have announced that the market is moving from one parking lot to another.  Just a couple blocks in a straight ling. The big difference is the location.  The old location was a small lot on a busy street which was a major road for travel in our city.  The estimated demographics are that 55,000 cars drive by that location during the time of the market.  I have experienced the benefit of that location based on people telling me they drove around the block to come back because of seeing me while driving by.

The new location is more centrally located in the city but not on a major road.  It is behind our local mall which isn't much of a mall anymore.  [mostly office space now]  I cannot get anyone to give me traffic figures but know from my own traveling in the city for that last 35 years that it will be a lot less than the old location.  Now I am wondering if I want to use the new tent or stay with the old tent and only have one space.   I am leaning toward the two spaces with the tent and hoping that it works out.

Oh well, that is the end of this saga for now.  I will keep you all posted, but for now I continue to produce for the larger space and plan on sales to support it. 

I should get out of the chair and go to work.    Hope that everyone has had a good weekend and that the week ahead if full of good times with some creative time included.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny,  I am so sorry to hear of the loss in your family.  So sad when the person is so young. 

I hope that the autopsy is not too long and that your family can move on with the grieving process.

Know that you are not alone.  Please share anything you need to release.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 4:35 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and at it, just wishing it was something that I wanted to do for my family.    Shortly I'm headed to school to continue packing by room and to give a final to a student who didn't bother to show up for her final when she was suppose to.  

But after that I'll be back home to work on the yard and sew some.  

Linny,  My mind keeps wondering to your family and your lost.  I am continuing to pray for you all and hope that you can find some peace in the situation this morning.

"My grace is sufficent for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."   2 Cor 12:9    This scripture is on an index card over my computer and hopefully it will remind you that although none of you have the answer to the big questions, why? how will he? what will he? what can I ?   God does and he will give you the words, the do, and the strength to help Kevin in this time of his life.

Darlene, did you see my idea about the curtain on your tent?   Sounds like the location change is not as optimal as the previous spot.  I wonder if some people will still set up there.

Lillie, I'm right there with you with the struggle on blocks.   I've got it going but it is a slow progress.  I hope I can get it done this week.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Oh Linny, I am so sorry to hear about Juliette. All of you are in my prayers.   :>(     (((((((Linny)))))))  Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 4:39 AM

I forgot!

There is a QCA member who is blogging about her trip across Alaska by RV.   She is attaching pictures to her blog and has some great ones.   Thought some of you might want to check  it out.

http://thegreatalaskaadventure.blogspot.com/

There is also a discussion on this website where you can post comments.  

Something about Alaska Adventure.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,062
Points 41,315
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 10:07 AM

Hi Everyone

Linny--hope you and your family are doing well in this time of sadness.  Prayers to you and yours.

Robin---I am watching all those Alaskan shows.  Life Below Zero----The Last Frontier---Yukon Men---Bearing Gold---Alaskan Fishing Wars.  I find Alaska sooo interesting.  You are lucky to have visited there.

Robin---you sound like I was before I graduated from Nursing School.  I worked half time and went to school full time.  When we had a break,  I didn't know what to do with myself.  You amaze me.  After nursing school, I hardly ever had that feeling.

I am also still working on Robin's block.  No rush.  Want to work on it today.  Another expansive work.  Hope you like it Robin!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 10:36 AM

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for your prayers.  It's so hard to understand why this is happened, but we are trying our best to trust God with it all.  

Robin, thanks for the scripture.  I do pray that he gives me the right words with Kevin to help his poor heart.  The whole thing just has me in a fog, so if He wants some words to come out of my mouth, He'll have to put them there.  After everyone says all the usual things at a time like this, there's a big silence that comes and he'll have to deal with that eventually.  Her mom is still in town and they had a lot of friends, so hopefully it will be awhile before he hits that.   I'm just in the background for now and that's okay with me.  When the time comes...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 9 2014 10:56 AM

Jo, I just love those plant stands.  What an incredible find for the chairs and then to find the table that matches perfectly.  They look so pretty with those violas in them.  George is such a sweetheart!

Robin, hope your day of packing and one more test goes fast so you can get home and enjoy your family for a while.  As for the ornament thing, well, they're just ornaments and they need to get to their destination before Christmas.  No real limitation except that.  Will you be joining in?  I have my heart you made from last year proudly displayed in my sewing room along with the stocking Stephanie made.   They are 2 of my favorite things in the world.

Darlene, how long has the market been going on in the old location?  It might be that it'll be slow until people find it again.  Too bad they're moving it, really.  Too bad they didn't tell you it was moving before you signed up for 2 spaces.  Are they putting a sign up at the old location?  That was such a great idea to make a clutch with the collar.  Your friend is a genius,

Lillie, don't worry about sending out your block on the 13th.  We all got the blocks late, so another week won't hurt any of us.  I spent some meditative time yesterday working on your block.  It actually helped me to work on it, getting my mind off the sadness.   I love those fabrics.  So romantic with the fans and all.  I'm really close to being done.   

Diane, how's it working out with adding seeing Karen's mom to your schedule along with caring for Mary?  Hope it's enriching your days.

Mammag, what's new in your world?

Stephanie, hope you're not working too hard.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.  

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny t:
Darlene, how long has the market been going on in the old location

This is the 9th year for the market and I believe it has been at the other location for all 8 years previously.

I am hoping that they have done ample advertising and that the signage they put up each week in the morning will be good.  On the advertising point, I have had people tell me that they read it in the paper that the market was moving.  I don't get the paper so I haven't seen it.  I plan to post on Facebook and e-mail my contacts the week of the first market.  Word of mouth is always a good tool for spreading the message.

I had blood work done today and the lab is right across from the new location.  I was crocheting a scrubbie while waiting.  The registration person asked about what I was making and if I sold them.  I told her I was going to be at the market with them and she said that all the people from the lab are excited about the market coming to their part of the city.  Besides doing blood work, this facility also does radiology, mammograms, all sorts of out patient tests and has an urgent care center.  This may be better than I thought.

We will see.

Linny t:
That was such a great idea to make a clutch with the collar.  Your friend is a genius,

Yes, she is.  She is my local sounding board for any doubts I may have on how to proceed with a project.  She is a pre-school teacher who also teaches art for K-5 at the private school that Kyle went to.  She is amazing.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 11,075

Lonny just a quilting fool these days. Helps my depression. Going to be visiting my mom in Florida soon and going to Virginia in August to help my daughter when her 2nd is born. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 4:40 AM

Good Morning All,

I'm up and at it here in the small hamlet of Madison.

I got up around 4 and started sewing on the scrappy I'm working on.   It's a slow process when you choose a block with 2" pieces. 

Linny,  I don't know about your situation but I understand the concept of shock.   About a month ago someone who I is a good person and a good friend of mine was accused of something that has turn their entire life upside down and inside out.   People around me were so shocked and hurt, as was I.   I was knocked off my feet and I still can hardly think about it without crying or getting upset.   It is simply one of those situations when I have to step back and trust the God has this person not only in His Hands but covered with a hedge of protection that is deeper than anything I can fathom, for there is absolutely nothing I can do to help my friend except pray.   And it is so weird, some of my early morning wake up sessions have been nothing but me laying in bed and praying for this person and their family.  For God's grace and wisdom to be given to all concerned.   So when you write about being in the background and hoping that God will give you the right words, I'm right there with you.

Donna,   Congrats on being such a busy quilting bee.  What part of Florida will you be visiting?  I live in North Florida about 15 minutes from the Georgia border, an hour east of Tallahassee and 2 hours west of Jacksonville.   Congrats on the impending arrival of your grand baby.   They tell being a grandparent is unlike anything else so enjoy.   Am I correct in assuming this little person has a special quilt waiting their arrival?

Diane,  My favorite Alaska show is Buying Alaska because you get to see so much of the beautiful terrain.   I'm afraid your warm blood friends would not be to happy in the fifty state most of the year.    It's a lot of fun to go online and look at various parts of Alaska through Webcams.  

This web address will take you to a great list of cams placed throughout Alaska.  http://www.akmining.com/webcams.htm    Some of my favorites is Denali national park when the weather around the mountain is clear you can see the the summit of "The Mountain"  AKA:  Mt.  McKinley.   The First People (natives) refuse to call it Mt. McKinley because he really was in favor of buying Alaska and never even steps foot in the state.   Plus they have always called it "The Mountain".    I also love the two in Fairbanks,  because I am enchanted with my birthplace.    Then there's Anchorage and Juneau, which we visited.   Whitter is interesting because it gets a lot less light than other parts of Alaska because it's a little place behind a great big Mountain that you have to drive under to get to.   And Barrow is fun because it it the top of the world in some sense,  it is the Northern most point of Alaska that has been settled. 

I'm still working on Stephanie's block.   I'm now making very fast progress so it will probably be the first of next week before I get it out of here.

Well a cup of coffee and I'm off to school to pack some more.   I made pretty good progress yesterday and hope to complete it sometime this week but I'm not sure.  Thursday I have a dentist appointment and Friday is a National Holiday at my house, so only truly important and fun things will happen on Friday. 

Have an amazing Tuesday.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,493
Points 138,373
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 10 2014 7:27 AM

Hi everyone,

Been keeping up with reading your posts.

Jo,

Loved the picture of your flowers, and the butterfly chairs. Such a find to have them match coming from different places like that. 

Linny,

I've private messaged you, but want to put it here too that I'm so sorry for the loss of Juliette. Kevin is surely in my prayers. I understand the feelings of being in the shadows as well. He knows you're there if he needs you, and I know you will have the most heartfelt things to share with him should that time come.

Mamag,

Good for you quilting away. You go girl! It'll be nice for you to come to Florida to visit your mom. Have to warn you, it is HOT down here! We went from pleasant to blazing in a matter of days.

Lillie,

I hear ya about those long arms being expensive! I couldn't justify owning one without doing quilting as a business, even though I would love to have one. The beauty of you working in a quilt shop is you may come across a deal sometime where someone wants to upgrade theirs and sell their old one. At least with the job and practice, you'll know if it'll be something you want enough to make a commitment to before you buy.

No worries on your block being sent out late. It's so much more rewarding to have it be something you are happy with.

Darlene,

Sounds like the new location may be a great thing. Pretty uplifting to get the feedback from the lab that people are looking forward to going to the new location. Hope your bloodwork comes back great.

Robin,

You have been a busy lady as always. I'm terribly sorry to read about  the accusations that your friend is going through. It's a helpless kind of feeling to have to sit back and not really know what is going to happen. You are grounded in your faith that God will provide and prevail. Thanks for sharing the verse. Best of luck finishing up the packing.... I have the heart ornament you made and Linny's cone ornament hanging in my sewing room as well. And my block from our first RR. 

All,

It's been crazy busy around here. And so hot. I've not been able to tolerate it as well this year. Wears me out.  Outside of work, I've been able to prioritize and leave some things go, to have time to work on Linny's block. I only have two small area to do, and will be wrapping up this week.  Good Lord willing. Fall is my favorite season, so this has been a joy to work on. They are all a joy, really.

I watched an episode of Neat on tv recently. I've chatted before about being a visual person. And she highlighted on this in an episode. Saying that visual people are more inclined to leave things out where they can see them. To put things away makes us forget about them. That's my story. LOL. Once the projects start, everything comes out and stays there until it's finished. Or I have company and am forced to put it away. LOL. After watching that show, I felt a sense of justification about it. And it explains why when it is put away I have to have everything labeled so I can find it easily. Well, for the most part. Have to make sure I put things back in their spots. LOL 

I found myself on ebay again for no apparent reason. Just like to check on vintage buttons from time to time. Ran into another deal I couldn't resist. 5lbs of assorted ones. Couldn't resist. Will share when they arrive...   

Lots to do today, so I can't dally on here too long. I could get too comfortable, especially after spending the last hour unloading 20 bags of dirt from my car and filling in erosion spots in the yard. Wishing you all a lovely day today.....

Page 166 of 196 (2939 items) «Prev164165166167168Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use