rated by 0 users
This post has 3,823 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, May 29 2014 4:46 PM

lilliepad:
I actually started doing some hand embroidery last night. YAY! I'm so excited. My creative juices are flowing again and I'm looking for different items to embellish onto Diane's block. Double YAY!

Lillie,

I'm so happy to hear the spell has been broken and your muse is out in full force.

Hope you had a great time at your machine embroidery class. ROFLOL at Chaka Khan and Rapunzel. Hope the beautician did you up right.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Fri, May 30 2014 3:57 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are all up and going.   It's Friday! 

Packing is beginning to take shape at school and it seems to be coming together.  A teacher on the other end of the building has some great storage space that she is willing to share until next summer when she and I get kicked out of the locations will be in for them to redo those rooms.  Then I should be able to move into my room and stay put.

Lillie,  Will you asked your muse if she has seen mine.  She seems to be on a vacation which is slowing down progress on Stephanie's block.   If she's there please send her home.

Diane,  I'm glad to read that things are going well for you. 

Linny,  You are too sweet.

Stephanie,  Are you making two scissor keepers or one?  I'm trying to figure out things about colors and I didn't know if you wanted them to kinda match?

Jo,   I live in a town very much like that.   Totally understand. 

I might be the late one this month on the round robin.  I'll see what happens this weekend.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025
lilliepad replied on Fri, May 30 2014 4:58 AM

Robin:

Lillie,  Will you asked your muse if she has seen mine.  She seems to be on a vacation which is slowing down progress on Stephanie's block.   If she's there please send her home.

I heard them giggling over coffee the other day. Every time I walked near them, they would stop talking and stare at me with that Mommy look. I heard that yours was on her way back home to you.  lol

Had a wonderful day at the machine embroidery class yesterday. I'm hoping to complete the 3 remaining blocks today. Then I can start worrying about how to put them together.  lol

Since I've started back to aqua aerobic classes, my knee is doing so much better. I still ice it 2-3 times a day. Especially if I've been standing a lot. Yesterday I dashed to pick up the phone. In mid-dash I realized I should not be dashing anywhere for a bit longer. I was pleased with myself that I did not think about it ahead of time. I just did it.

I'm sure that the improvement in my knee is helping to bring back my interest in sewing. It's amazing how being in discomfort, or pain, brings all other aspects of life to a grinding halt.

Happy Friday to all

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, May 30 2014 8:03 AM

Diane:

Hi Everyone!

I have been reading all of the wonderful posts, there have been so many interesting things going on.  New sewing rooms, new grand babies!  

Things are going well with my visiting Mary.  It's fun having a car.  Everything is OK here---just busier.  

My next project for crazy quilting will be a cover for my sewing machine.  I have been collecting silks and cottons for that project and have wanted to do it for a while.  I have been working on Robin's block---love the colors----and now I forget when we are going to pass it on.  Is it the 15th?

Have a great evening everyone!

Diane, I'm glad to hear things are going well with Mary.  Your sewing machine cover will be stunning, I'm sure.  What colors are you using? 

I don't believe we set a due date this round.  The 15th sounds like a good date to shoot at for mailing the blocks, though. This month has gone so fast for me.  Where did it go?  Is everyone happy with the 15th? 

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, May 30 2014 8:06 AM

Robin, sounds like you're starting to get your head around the move.  That's great that your neighbor teacher will give you some storage room.  Happy Friday!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, May 30 2014 8:12 AM

lilliepad:

I heard them giggling over coffee the other day. Every time I walked near them, they would stop talking and stare at me with that Mommy look. I heard that yours was on her way back home to you.  lol

This just made me giggle, lol. 

Nice that you've got your spark back.  It makes a huge difference in our lives when we have chronic pain and can't just do anything we want.  It's downright depressing.  I'm happy to hear things are better for you with the aqua aerobics.  Sounds like fun, actually.  Hope you share a pic of your work on the embroidery blocks.  It's great that you're taking a class for it.  There's so much these machines do and without a class we don't get to all the finer capabilities of them.  You'll be able to master yours. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, May 30 2014 10:28 AM

Linny---I have been thinking about the colors for the sewing machine cover a while.  I would like to have some gold and tans with some bright colors.  Similar to the block of my RR.  I have a lot of silks, many off white and tans and also some really brights.  So I'll see what comes together.

Glad to hear you found Ikea to be such a great place with fun house hold items.  I love the container store for that reason.  I love to try to get organized in my life. LOL

Lillie--sounds like you are progressing well.  Thank God for ice!  I would love to do swimming aerobics.  Sounds like fun.  However I'm too lazy right now. :o)   And transportation is an issue.  You are a go getter!

Robin---happy to hear things are coming along with the moving.  Get those kids moving!!!  You have plenty of hands to help.

Steph---how are you doing with your rib.  I see you are doing a lot of work again---any leftover pain?

Sometimes I have a "sewing block".  LOL  Like writers block, it's a combination of lack of inspiration and lack of ideas and sometimes confidence.   I wish we could all have a muse......  

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, May 30 2014 3:50 PM

Diane:
Sometimes I have a "sewing block".  LOL  Like writers block, it's a combination of lack of inspiration and lack of ideas and sometimes confidence.   I wish we could all have a muse......  
  I think all our muses like each other they've taken a vacation together...probably because we haven't taken a vacation...I know I'm off, but I've been working every day, non stop except for the trip to Ikea.  I've gotten to the walls in every room except the kitchen.  I've rearranged furniture in every room and I really like the layout now.  I've never had it the way it is now, so it's cool...something new and different.  Now all I have to do is finish putting everything away.  I have a huge pile that is going to the Goodwill.  It's all shoes, purses and clothes.  I've decided to celebrate a little, so I ordered a pizza and plan to eat and watch TV the rest of the night.  I have earned it.  I'm hoping my muse will come join my pizza party, lol. 

I loved the colors in your block.  They'll make a really pretty sewing machine cover.  Are you going to incorporate your RR block into it? 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 94
Points 2,420
Jo1030 replied on Fri, May 30 2014 4:13 PM

Linny t:
I'm hoping my muse will come join my pizza party, lol. 

Now I know where my muse is; they have all been hanging out together  When the "pizza party" is over, send them all on their way home.  I had the worst sore throat this morning.....it hurt when I coughed something terrible!  It is a little better this evening.  I haven't done anything all day.     Hugs, Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Fri, May 30 2014 6:15 PM

I will send them to their homes, Jo.  They're still all giggling and singing little pizza songs, lol. 

I'm sorry you're not feeling well today.  Darned germs can ruin a Friday.  I bet George feels terrible that you got it.  Hope it eases up.  Are you taking anything for it?  Maybe something like Chloroseptic lozenges could help that.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, May 31 2014 6:03 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Saturday!  I've been up about an hour and I'm ready to go back to bed.

I'm just so tired and a little sick so I'm not quiet my energetic self.   I hate when I feel like a wet noodle.

I hope that today I will get some rest and reset by mind so I can push through the last of the packing.  It will probably take me at least another week or two to finish the job. 

I'm so glad to read that the muses have been having a wonderful time visiting each other.   I hope that the sleepover is about over.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,336
Points 113,515
Linny t replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:11 AM

Good morning, everyone!  Happy Saturday to all of you.  I shagged the muses out of their tender sleep and told them their mommies needed them and if we were to get through this round of the RR, their help is surely crucial.  We couldn't do it without them.  They left with a sense of purpose and mission, lol.  I promised mine that the next vacation I took would be spent only with her.  She liked that.

Today is put everything away day.  My kitty came out into the living room last night as if he was headed to the potty box and stopped in his tracks and started meowing and begging me to pick him up.  Poor thing.  Every time he naps he wakes up to some more furniture being moved.  I bet he didn't know where he was, lol. All his little kitty paths have moved.  I'd better get with it or I'll be doing this tomorrow, too.  I have planned tomorrow to be a play day with my muse.  Wish me luck... 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, May 31 2014 7:27 AM

Robin:
Stephanie,  Are you making two scissor keepers or one?  I'm trying to figure out things about colors and I didn't know if you wanted them to kinda match?

I'm making two totally different ones. Just go with what makes you happy, and it will be fabulous.

Robin:
Packing is beginning to take shape at school and it seems to be coming together.  A teacher on the other end of the building has some great storage space that she is willing to share until next summer when she and I get kicked out of the locations will be in for them to redo those rooms.  Then I should be able to move into my room and stay put.

You must be thrilled at having the storage space, and the thought of being able to come back and be able to stay put for a while. So happy that things are working out for you.

Robin:
I might be the late one this month on the round robin.  I'll see what happens this weekend.

No worries Robin. Life has been happening at a fast and furious pace. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, May 31 2014 8:08 AM

I had such giggles this morning over reading about our muses. 

Lillie, 

You are sounding more like your cheerful self every day. It is true that chronic pain sucks the life right out of us, and I'm so happy to read that you are getting better and starting to have fun. I used to love water aerobics. The machine embroidery classes sound like fun. I haven't had my machine out in far too long. Soon though...I hope. 

Robin, 

Sorry to hear you are feeling like a noodle. It is surely understandable with all of the packing, fund raisers and additional activities going on. Rest and regroup as much as you can. Sometimes we just have to throw in that towel, and lay down. At least I know I do. 

Diane,

Your plans for your sewing machine cover sound beautiful. Look forward to seeing it put together. My ribs seem totally healed. Thanks for asking. No leftover pain. I feel so fortunate about that. Especially since this is turning out to be the busiest summer we've had in a lot of years.  

Linny,

I am so thrilled for you with the progress you've made in your house. It's true that it has been a lot of work for you, but it's work that is going to pay off for you for a long time to come. Coming home to having your house in order will make wonders in your life on a daily basis. Just the stuff you've purged and donated has to make you feel great. Poor kitty, they and some dogs don't understand change. I had a german shepherd that knew where everything was, and if I rearranged she'd come out barking at misplaced objects like they were intruding on her space. LOL.

Jo,

I enjoyed reading about George, He's a one in a million. I had managers like him when I worked for the grocery store for many years. I just loved their caring natures, and it broke my heart to see them retire. Lots of fond memories, and I'm sure so many people relate to George this way. He was one of the fold. Back when people meant more than a nickel on a loaf of bread.

I'm so sorry to read that you are suffering from such a sore throat. Lots of salt water gargles. Salt is the only lasting thing I've found for drawing that pain out. I even lick my hand and sprinkle it thru the day. Like the movies when someone is getting ready to drink a shot of Tequila. Unless it's strep, I can usually pass it in a couple days that way. Mike won't have anything to do with it, and he suffers as much as two weeks. I think part of it, is he secretly likes me doting on him hand and foot. LOL

All, Hope I haven't missed anyone.

We had dinner out last night to celebrate my younger brothers birthday. Had a great time. And today a cookout and birthday party for a neighbors one year old. So sweet of them to invite us. Home made tamale's, brisket, beans and rice, etc. Yum.  

Well, I have the usual chores to do today. Always an adventure with five dogs and a cat. LOL. Since they're all having their early morning naps, it's a good time to get started. Hope you all have a fabulous Weekend.... 

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 285
Points 5,025
lilliepad replied on Sat, May 31 2014 10:27 AM

Happy Saturday everyone! 

Today is hazardous waste drop off at the University. I just spent the last 45 mins cleaning out all the old paint cans from the garage and have them loaded in the pickup. DH can dispose of them when he returns from his bicycle ride. I'm very excited to be rid of all those unused paints. Some of them have been here since before we bought the house 7 years ago. lol

I'm off to sew some more YAY!

Page 160 of 255 (3824 items) «Prev158159160161162Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use