My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,351 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 4,070
lilliepad replied on Wed, May 28 2014 6:18 AM

Darlene :

Lillie, we have been experiencing that again lately.  Linny is thinking it might be time to start a new thread but wanted to hold out until RR was done so all was together.

I was thinking about you earlier.  Are you any where near the problems in CO?  Hope that everything is good.

We live in Fort Collins. It's about 1 hour north of Denver and 45 mins south of the Wyoming border.
I didn't know CO was having problems this year. I guess we are not having any issues in my area.
  • Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,840
Jo1030 replied on Wed, May 28 2014 7:44 AM

Stephanie:

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
I sold my guest room furniture and moved my sewing room out of the pantry and moved it into the guest room a couple of weeks ago.

Yay. You have an official sewing room now. Good for you!

That is what I did, Mamag, we got rid of our extra bed and made me a sewing room.....I love it!  We didn't have guests that often anyway. 

George is off to the State Girls Softball tournament today; our highschool girls are in it and he goes every year.  I went a couple of years, but my legs won't let me walk very well and my back doesn't like sitting for hours on bleachers.  He has a cold that started Mon., but he was determined to go.  I have a zipper to put into a jacket for a friend, so I have something to do......if I get off my laptop.   lol.   Hugs, Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Wed, May 28 2014 4:42 PM

Robin:

Linny,  I hope you and Barb have a super day.  Happy Birthday to her!  Congrats on getting your cabinet moved.

I just got home about half an hour ago.  We had a blast!  First, Ikea, which is an amazing store.  I got mostly household gadgets.  Not much.  Barb put some things in her basket and I surprised her by paying for them.  That made her really happy.  Then we went to Sweet Tomatoes and ate too much salad.  After we went to a store called Old World Pottery Barn.  Everything for home and garden at incredible prices.  That's another store I'll have to go to again with plenty of $.  Then the long ride home filled with girl talk.  That was fun, too.  Barb was past weary by the time we got home.  I'm sure she's napping now.  She's such a good sport about her condition.  It was a good day all around and no rain, either.  I told her you all wished her a happy birthday and that made her smile.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, May 28 2014 5:14 PM

Donna C:
 However, how do we know any addresses to send them to?  Also, I read something about making a book...What is that for?

Linny private messages them to us, so not just anyone viewing knows where we live, and our last names that we don't want to. . It's a good measure. I posted a pic in my blog once that had a pic of an antique lamp that was my grandmothers. Blogs are open to the web, and next thing I know I got an email asking me about the lamp. Freaked me out a bit, so I keep a lot of my info private. 

Donna C:
Also, Stephanie, it sounds like y'all live in the western part of the country, like California.  Right?

Robin, Linny and I are in various parts of Florida. I'm the farthest south of the bunch. Zone 10 for planting. Hot, humid, rainy summers. But paradise in the winter. Well, outside of brushfires. I can see the California thoughts. They have their fair share too. Here near the everglades, I think it's necessary in nature to keep it from becoming a jungle. LOL.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, May 28 2014 5:31 PM

Darlene :
Had a relatively productive day.  I spent some time quilting my crazy quilt.  I am doing this with series of French knots done in patterns.  One the back it is a bunch of straight stitches joining the knots.  I am using a variety of colors of pearle cotton and am about half done with it.  I started in the middle and am working my way out so that I can hide my starts and ends inside the batting.  Slow process but I think I will be happy with it when it is done.

This sounds so cool! I can't wait to see a pic of it when you finish. No pressure, I know it takes a long time to do the handwork. 

Darlene :
I found a new idea for dish towel with a quilted top.  I have an abundance of towels I purchased to make the ones with crocheted tops.  I have a few left from last year but my wrist is not holding up to the crocheting.  Since I have a few yards of cotton fabrics [tongue in cheek] and some scraps of batting, I think the quilted tops will be something to pursue.

I've seen these and it's a great idea. I buy the crocheted, and towels with ties, button closures, etc. every chance I get. I've made some on my embroidery machine from patterns from embroidery library that are really pretty. But they're a lot of work, so I just make them for special gifts. There are so many possibilities with these...

Darlene :
Finished up some treat bags this evening while watching some history shows with Tim.  He watched with his eyes closed but I knew that I couldn't change the channel or he would wake up.  I finally sent him to bed.  "mommy hat" on again,  Tough love.

That's so sweet. He's making the  most of his vacation....

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Wed, May 28 2014 5:39 PM

Linny t:

Robin:

Linny,  I hope you and Barb have a super day.  Happy Birthday to her!  Congrats on getting your cabinet moved.

I just got home about half an hour ago.  We had a blast!  First, Ikea, which is an amazing store.  I got mostly household gadgets.  Not much.  Barb put some things in her basket and I surprised her by paying for them.  That made her really happy.  Then we went to Sweet Tomatoes and ate too much salad.  After we went to a store called Old World Pottery Barn.  Everything for home and garden at incredible prices.  That's another store I'll have to go to again with plenty of $.  Then the long ride home filled with girl talk.  That was fun, too.  Barb was past weary by the time we got home.  I'm sure she's napping now.  She's such a good sport about her condition.  It was a good day all around and no rain, either.  I told her you all wished her a happy birthday and that made her smile.

You are such a sweet sister to surprise Barb by paying for her basket of goodies. What a nice surprise to do that. So happy to hear you all had such a great time, and made it through all the traveling without rain. Thanks for sharing...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,043
Points 65,635
Robin replied on Thu, May 29 2014 4:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Thursday to you!

I hope that you all are having a great day.   I'm headed back to school so I can wrangle children and do some more packing.   I can even think hard about the packing anymore it just causes my mind to quiver.

Linny,   So glad you and Barb had a good day.   I'll have to let you take me to Ikea for my birthday if your going to pay.   What a special treat for her and what a sweet sister you are.    I love Sweet Tomato even though I've only eaten there once.  There isn't anything like that up here. 

Jo,  I think it's neat that your husband supports the local high school softball team like that.  So many people when they don't have kids in school anymore just pull out of stuff like that.   Good luck with your zipper.

Well I better go, Donn is up and getting ready so I probably need to do the same.

Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,840
Jo1030 replied on Thu, May 29 2014 6:15 AM

Robin:
Jo,  I think it's neat that your husband supports the local high school softball team like that.  So many people when they don't have kids in school anymore just pull out of stuff like that.

It seems like a lot of people in our small town go to the games etc at the school.  George said it is because there is nothing else to do here.  George has lived here all his life so he knows everyone and of course knows the grandparents of the kids that are playing now.  He was manager of the A&P store here in town for years. It amazes me how he calls everyone by name when he sees them.  Even if I know them, I can't think of their names that quick.  

I woke up with a sore throat this morning.  I guess I got it from George.  I guess I kissed him before we knew he was getting his cold. We stay away from each other when we have colds.  He has the best kisses!!    Hugs, Jo

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 4,070
lilliepad replied on Thu, May 29 2014 7:27 AM

Linny t:

Oh my goodness Linny. Sounds like you and Barb had a wonderful time. I love Sweet Tomatoes. I wish we had one here.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 4,070
lilliepad replied on Thu, May 29 2014 7:31 AM

I actually started doing some hand embroidery last night. YAY! I'm so excited. My creative juices are flowing again and I'm looking for different items to embellish onto Diane's block. Double YAY!

I'm off to an machine embroidery class all day today. Then get my hairs cut. I feel like Chaka Khan and Rapunzel all in one.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Thu, May 29 2014 8:06 AM

Donna C:

Stephanie:
Since Linny's off to Ikea, I'll answer for her. In the RR we each make our own block and pass it to the others to embellish. Once each block has made the rounds it is returned to the original owner to do whatever she wishes with it. We have only done one prior, so they were just square blocks that could be made into a mini wall hanging, or pillow. We've gotten more creative with these, and I think everyone has a specific project in mind. Linny's making an etui. A fabric box of sorts, I'm making scissor keeps, Lillie is doing a wall hanging, Diane and Robin are making pillows. We'd love to have you join in for the next one.

Now I understand.  That sounds like a lot of fun!  I'd love to take part in the next one.  However, how do we know any addresses to send them to?  Also, I read something about making a book...What is that for?

Also, Stephanie, it sounds like y'all live in the western part of the country, like California.  Right?

Sorry I missed your questions about the RR, Donna.  Like Stephanie said, all the personal information is sent through personal email.  That way all the whole world won't have access to it.  The way we do that is through this site by friending each other.  The book is for the memory, really.  It's just a few pages, enough for everyone to write about their contribution and experience of working on your block.  It becomes a keepsake along with the block.  I love looking at my block from our first RR, but enjoy looking at the book, too.  I came across it while reorganizing and took a minute to read through it again.  It brought back so many fun memories.  I hope you do join us next time.  I don't think we'll do another one this year, but probably the first of next year.  We all get so busy around the holidays it's hard to manage an RR, too.  We had talked about doing a Christmas ornament exchange.  We did one last year and 3 of us participated.  That was fun and some wanted in on it this year, as long as we started much earlier.  I was thinking once we got done with this RR we'd talk about it again and see if anyone still wants to.  After we finish our work on the blocks we're working on now, we have one more turn at a block before sending them back to their owners.  The way we've been going, I'm sure it will be July or August before we finish this RR.  We all agree on a theme for the RRs.  Like this time it was Victorian.  Last time it was all about buttons and embellishments like that.  It's a lot of fun and challenges us to learn more about the art of CQ.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Thu, May 29 2014 8:09 AM

lilliepad:

I actually started doing some hand embroidery last night. YAY! I'm so excited. My creative juices are flowing again and I'm looking for different items to embellish onto Diane's block. Double YAY!

I'm off to an machine embroidery class all day today. Then get my hairs cut. I feel like Chaka Khan and Rapunzel all in one.

I'm so happy for you Lillie!  Your muse came back!  Hope your class is fun and enriching and you manage to get all your hairs cut to perfection!  Chaka Khan and Rapunzel, ROFLOL.  I can relate.  Have a fun day!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Thu, May 29 2014 8:11 AM

Jo1030:

I woke up with a sore throat this morning.  I guess I got it from George.  I guess I kissed him before we knew he was getting his cold. We stay away from each other when we have colds.  He has the best kisses!!    Hugs, Jo

Well, if you had to get it, at least you got it in a fun way.  How sweet about his kisses.  You're a lucky lady, Jo.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Thu, May 29 2014 8:17 AM

Robin:
Linny,   So glad you and Barb had a good day.   I'll have to let you take me to Ikea for my birthday if your going to pay.   What a special treat for her and what a sweet sister you are.    I love Sweet Tomato even though I've only eaten there once.  There isn't anything like that up here.
  If I had a million bucks I'd treat everyone I know to a shopping day at Ikea.  They have it online, but you really have to go there to see how cool everything is.  It gives you an idea rush, really.  I hope some day you get a Sweet Tomatoes.  My life is better having one nearby, lol.  They are the perfect antidote for retail therapy exhaustion.  The only side effect is drowsiness, lol.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,110
Diane replied on Thu, May 29 2014 11:37 AM

Hi Everyone!

I have been reading all of the wonderful posts, there have been so many interesting things going on.  New sewing rooms, new grand babies!  

Things are going well with my visiting Mary.  It's fun having a car.  Everything is OK here---just busier.  

My next project for crazy quilting will be a cover for my sewing machine.  I have been collecting silks and cottons for that project and have wanted to do it for a while.  I have been working on Robin's block---love the colors----and now I forget when we are going to pass it on.  Is it the 15th?

Have a great evening everyone!

Page 159 of 224 (3352 items) «Prev157158159160161Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use