My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,837 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Linny t:
Yesterday I worked in my room until 7.  After eating I fell into a deep sleep.  I have my sewing room all put together, except for the closet.  I'm already in love with my new space.  Today I will do the same to my bedroom which seems much larger now that half the furniture is moved out of there.  I still have a long way to go

Linny, so good to hear that you are settling into your space and making progress.  Sounds like you got a lot done already during your time off and you earned a deep sleep.

Linny t:
Today is Barb's birthday

Happy birthday wishes to Barb.  I understand her reluctance to go away for the night.  Being close to home is so important to Tim as well.  He only wants to sleep in his own bed.  I have to respect that.  There are times when I feel selfish because I really want to travel with him but it is not worth upsetting him.  Fortunately he doesn't hold me back when I really want to do something.  He has learned that the best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't

Linny t:
I hate cancer!

I couldn't agree more.  It is the nastiest of things.  I know few people who can say that they have not been affected by it.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 96
Points 2,460
Jo1030 replied on Tue, May 27 2014 11:51 AM

Linny t:
How do you make your macaroni salad?

Actually, it is pasta salad, I just put what I have on hand with the pasta.......boiled eggs, black/green olives, celery, yellow/red/green peppers, cheese pepperoni, tomatoes and pour Italian dressing on it.  I call macaroni salad the kind made with mayonaise.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 941
Points 15,975

Jo your pasta salad sounds yummy.

Linny I sold my guest room furniture and moved my sewing room out of the pantry and moved it into the guest room a couple of weeks ago.

Barb, Happy Birthday.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 3,205
Donna C replied on Tue, May 27 2014 3:51 PM

Thanks to all your kind comments regarding Cedric.  :)  I promise not to bore you all with lots of stuff about him!  Lol

It makes me sad to hear about Linny's Barb and Darlene's Tim with cancer.  It's never easy.  Thank God my DH's cancer has not come back after prostate surgery and radiation.  It's been about 6 years so far...so good.  However, my cousin-in-law, Will, has been recently diagnosed with lung cancer, and it doesn't sound good.  I get regular updates on him from my cousin, Belinda, through the website called Caring Bridges.  It's a great way to keep people informed of stuff like that.  I get email notifications when she posts something new.

Robin, I know you're happy that the school year is almost over, and anxious to get started on that wedding quilt.  Keep us posted.

Jo, I loved your pasta salad recipe.  My DH loves anything with pasta.

Linny, I finally read the last RR guidelines.  I may be interested in participating for the next one, since this last one seems to be over.  Right?  However, I don't really understand what one does with the blocks once it's over.  Does the person who started it put all the blocks together and make a quilt?

Is everyone having a lot of rain?  Houston's really getting some much needed rain all this week, but I'm worried my tomatoes and cucumbers are going to suffer because that part of the garden is flooding a little, and it keeps raining.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 287
Points 5,050
lilliepad replied on Tue, May 27 2014 4:31 PM

Looks like my original post went someplace other than this discussion.

Congratulations Donna C on your new baby grandson. I know you must have had a wonderful time with him and your daughter.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 27 2014 5:41 PM

Linny t:
Today is Barb's birthday.  She didn't like the idea of going somewhere overnight, so we are just going to take a trip to Ikea in Tampa.  Her daughter is going with us, so it should be a fun day.  I'm going to call her as soon as I'm finished here.  She's been sleeping in really late.  That's another sign that she's depressed about the scan.  I hate cancer!

Happy Birthday to Barb! Hope you all have a great time today. And I hope making the trip takes her mind off the scan, and helps cheer her. 

Bella was adorable getting her stitches out. She let me just flip her on her back, give her a couple smooches,  and they took those stitches out of her tummy without so much as a kick or a wiggle from her. She likes all the girls now, and acts perfectly at home going in...

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 27 2014 5:54 PM

Donna C:

Thanks to all your kind comments regarding Cedric.  :)  I promise not to bore you all with lots of stuff about him!  Lol

It makes me sad to hear about Linny's Barb and Darlene's Tim with cancer.  It's never easy.  Thank God my DH's cancer has not come back after prostate surgery and radiation.  It's been about 6 years so far...so good.  However, my cousin-in-law, Will, has been recently diagnosed with lung cancer, and it doesn't sound good.  I get regular updates on him from my cousin, Belinda, through the website called Caring Bridges.  It's a great way to keep people informed of stuff like that.  I get email notifications when she posts something new.

Robin, I know you're happy that the school year is almost over, and anxious to get started on that wedding quilt.  Keep us posted.

Jo, I loved your pasta salad recipe.  My DH loves anything with pasta.

Linny, I finally read the last RR guidelines.  I may be interested in participating for the next one, since this last one seems to be over.  Right?  However, I don't really understand what one does with the blocks once it's over.  Does the person who started it put all the blocks together and make a quilt?

Is everyone having a lot of rain?  Houston's really getting some much needed rain all this week, but I'm worried my tomatoes and cucumbers are going to suffer because that part of the garden is flooding a little, and it keeps raining.

I tried to just highlight a part of this, but quoted the whole thing. I think the site may be having some issues still..

I can't wait to have grandchildren, so feel free in sharing everything you want to with us. :0)

Since Linny's off to Ikea, I'll answer for her. In the RR we each make our own block and pass it to the others to embellish. Once each block has made the rounds it is returned to the original owner to do whatever she wishes with it. We have only done one prior, so they were just square blocks that could be made into a mini wall hanging, or pillow. We've gotten more creative with these, and I think everyone has a specific project in mind. Linny's making an etui. A fabric box of sorts, I'm making scissor keeps, Lillie is doing a wall hanging, Diane and Robin are making pillows. We'd love to have you join in for the next one.

We had rain for the first time in a long time yesterday. Not enough. It should be rainy season here in a month or so, but for now we're in brush fire season. I hope your garden withstands the rain and it soaks in before it washes things away, or rots them...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:06 PM

Darlene :
This approach worked wonders last Friday.  The second blessing was the tech.  She was VERY good at her job and wasn't rushing.  She spent a good amount of time just "searching"  She acknowledged the amount of scar tissue but was full of smiles when she found a "small spot in the middle" that she was able to get in and everything else went smoothly

I have "hider" veins, and can appreciate a good tech. Of course, mine aren't scarred like poor Tim's, and I can always go with a butterfly. A good tech is an artist in their own right.

Good for you making  plan for that water on the trip. Never met a man that cared much for someone else making a plan for him, but sometimes putting on the "mommy hat" is necessary. And we do it for their own good. 

I hope he enjoys his week off, even though part of it will include setting up new software. God Bless him through his tests....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:08 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:
I sold my guest room furniture and moved my sewing room out of the pantry and moved it into the guest room a couple of weeks ago.

Yay. You have an official sewing room now. Good for you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:19 PM

Darlene,

Crazy night into day for you. The parade sounds like a lot of fun. It's always nice to break up the pace and get out of the house for a bit. Hope you get back on track. I've been fighting wanting to go in since 6pm. I know if I do I'll be back up at midnight. I have to work tomorrow, and don't want to be sleepy by noon.

It was a good day. I was able to put some sew time on Linny's block. Not as much as I'd have liked, but as busy as we've been bidding new jobs, etc. I'll take whatever time I can get.

Lillie,

Sorry your post ended up in cyberspace.  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 3,205
Donna C replied on Tue, May 27 2014 8:11 PM

Stephanie:
Since Linny's off to Ikea, I'll answer for her. In the RR we each make our own block and pass it to the others to embellish. Once each block has made the rounds it is returned to the original owner to do whatever she wishes with it. We have only done one prior, so they were just square blocks that could be made into a mini wall hanging, or pillow. We've gotten more creative with these, and I think everyone has a specific project in mind. Linny's making an etui. A fabric box of sorts, I'm making scissor keeps, Lillie is doing a wall hanging, Diane and Robin are making pillows. We'd love to have you join in for the next one.

Now I understand.  That sounds like a lot of fun!  I'd love to take part in the next one.  However, how do we know any addresses to send them to?  Also, I read something about making a book...What is that for?

Also, Stephanie, it sounds like y'all live in the western part of the country, like California.  Right?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

lilliepad:

Looks like my original post went someplace other than this discussion.

Lillie, we have been experiencing that again lately.  Linny is thinking it might be time to start a new thread but wanted to hold out until RR was done so all was together.

I was thinking about you earlier.  Are you any where near the problems in CO?  Hope that everything is good.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Had a relatively productive day.  I spent some time quilting my crazy quilt.  I am doing this with series of French knots done in patterns.  One the back it is a bunch of straight stitches joining the knots.  I am using a variety of colors of pearle cotton and am about half done with it.  I started in the middle and am working my way out so that I can hide my starts and ends inside the batting.  Slow process but I think I will be happy with it when it is done.

I also have made a tentative plan for what I will work on daily until the end of the market season.  I know that I have some things that I will not have an adequate supply of without some discipline.  Hoping that I can keep up with this plan.  So far I have not held up to the 2 scrubbies a day.  I thought I could do 2 a day but haven't.  I need to get on track or I will not be able to put them out for sale and people will be looking for them.

I found a new idea for dish towel with a quilted top.  I have an abundance of towels I purchased to make the ones with crocheted tops.  I have a few left from last year but my wrist is not holding up to the crocheting.  Since I have a few yards of cotton fabrics [tongue in cheek] and some scraps of batting, I think the quilted tops will be something to pursue.

Finished up some treat bags this evening while watching some history shows with Tim.  He watched with his eyes closed but I knew that I couldn't change the channel or he would wake up.  I finally sent him to bed.  "mommy hat" on again,  Tough love.

Well, I need to get out the crochet hook and make some scrubbies.

Hope that everyone had a Terrific Tuesday and will have a Wonderful Wednesday tomorrow.

Linny, hope that you didn't break the bank at Ikea.  That store makes me afraid.  Too many temptations!!

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 3,205
Donna C replied on Tue, May 27 2014 8:40 PM

Darlene :

Since I sew in the dungeon and our bedroom is on the second floor, I am separated as well and not disturbing Tim if I get up during the night.

Sunday I napped in the chair and then was wide awake when it was time to go to bed.  Instead I went down to the dungeon and began sewing.  I hit a second or third wind and was really going when the alarm on my phone went off at 6 AM.  I lost all my steam when I realized what time it was.  I went upstairs and told Tim it was time to get up as I crawled into bed.

I can identify with you and Stephanie.  I usually get to bed around 11 p.m., then wake up more or less alert after only 3 or 4 hours of sleep, then struggle to get back to sleep.  Sometimes I get up and read.  I could try sewing then, because I do have a separate sewing room/office.  However, sewing tends to really animate me.  Reading, though, seems to make me sleepy fairly fast.  Anyway, by the time I do sleep again, I sleep deeply, and then don't want to wake up when I should!  Is that part of getting older?  I started taking a Melatonin supplement before going to bed.  That's the chemical our bodies make to help us sleep, but sadly begins to diminish as we get older.  Sometimes  I take Valerian (an herbal remedy for relaxing) before sleeping or when I wake up very early and really need to get back to sleep.  However, it's usually harder to get up.  Thank goodness I'm retired!  My DH would like me to get up with him, which is at sunrise, but so far that's just been too hard with my strange sleep schedule.  I do like early mornings, especially in the Texas summers, to enjoy my coffee on the patio and do a little gardening.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Wed, May 28 2014 4:33 AM

Good Morning All,

Happy Wednesday to you all.  I had forgotten yesterday was Tuesday not Monday.   Thanks for the reminder because it brought the end of the week a little closer.  With school almost out the children are like wild horse who smell water and are not particularly fun to be around.  Particularly today's bunch.   But I'm going to do what I've got to do to keep things moving.

Linny,  I hope you and Barb have a super day.  Happy Birthday to her!  Congrats on getting your cabinet moved.

Darlene,   I glad you had a good tech.  It can make a world of difference.

Well I got to run or I won't be ready when DH gets out of the shower.

Robin

Page 158 of 256 (3838 items) «Prev156157158159160Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use