Lillie, when's your thyroid procedure?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,035
Diane replied on Thu, May 15 2014 11:06 AM

Lillie---haven't heard from you.  How is the new job?  Didn't you post a selfie of your toes here once to show your new pedicure or manicure?  I got brave and showed my toes! lol

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,035
Diane replied on Thu, May 15 2014 11:25 AM

lilliepad:
I get my toes done once a month. During the months when I'm wearing socks and closed toed shoes, I don't have them put nail polish on. Just when I'm wearing sandals.

I like to do that too every summer.  It can get expensive.   So glad to hear you like your job.  I will be a visiting nurse again in a few days.  It will feel like old times.  A 6 week job.  Good to work just 5 days a month.  I'm sure you could volunteer for other days while you are learning and enjoying it.  Lillie-I asked you about your work in another posting because I didn't see this one.

Since my friend paid me half the money ahead of time, I was able to get a nice mattress topper for my painful old bones. lol  Also, I ordered a Mighty Brite from Amazon---just under $100 with shipping.  I will love the lamp for all the fine work I do.  The friend who is leaving for 6 weeks had me make "wedding earrings" for her and ordered 2 more pairs.  She has a certain style she likes with 3---6 mm beads so they are easy to make.  She calls them her "honeymoon earrings" lol  So it looks like my beading is coming back!!!  It's been a long time.  I'm enjoying it again.

Steph---I wear strong glasses all the time.  I was called Magoo too.  Especially when I forgot my glasses in school and had to sit in the front row that day.  I took them off for the selfie because they distorted the shape of my face.  My glasses are just part of me though.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Thu, May 15 2014 2:12 PM

Linny t:

Marie, it was so good to hear from you.  I've gotten out of the habit of checking the main forum since all the trouble we had with getting on the site.  I'll have to check in there more often.  Hope you stop by often.  These ladies do some amazing things with needle and thread, don't they?

Thanks Linny.  The site has been working fine for me for quite awhile now so come on by and say hello.  These ladies, including you, certainly do amazing things with needle and thread.  Glad I got to see.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Thu, May 15 2014 2:25 PM

Diane:

Hi Marie---thanks for coming back!  Who is wondering about me?  Some ladies who also belong to CQI?  I haven't done any RR's there in a while.  Nice to here from you!

Hi Diane, a couple of the newer girls on QCA wondered who you were and if you were alright when they saw a picture of you in Show & Tell.  I made a search to ease their quilters kind hearts and that's how I found you and realized who you were and where you have been hiding.  :  )  Glad I did the search and found some of my friends from the good old QCA and also got to see all the eye candy you've been doing.  Drop by and say hello when you have the time, QCA is about 95% perfect now and I could deal with that 5%.

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Thu, May 15 2014 2:38 PM

I just wanted to share this blog post on 5 tips ways for organizing a small sewing space.   Some cute ideas in it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 778
Points 12,585

I'm not neglecting you guys but my posts are disappearing.  

Linny t Patchwork Posse has very good tips and tutorials.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 68
Points 1,840
Jo1030 replied on Thu, May 15 2014 5:48 PM

Diane:
Are yours soft or hard?

My partials are the hard ones, Diane.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,035
Diane replied on Thu, May 15 2014 5:53 PM

Marie:
Hi Diane, a couple of the newer girls on QCA wondered who you were and if you were alright when they saw a picture of you in Show & Tell

Wow Marie--I didn't know I looked so unwell  in the picture.  Maybe I should remove it.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Thu, May 15 2014 7:09 PM

Diane:

Marie:
Hi Diane, a couple of the newer girls on QCA wondered who you were and if you were alright when they saw a picture of you in Show & Tell

Wow Marie--I didn't know I looked so unwell  in the picture.  Maybe I should remove it.  

You looked great to me, Diane.  I thought it was a good picture of you.  You shouldn't remove it.

By the way, I got Lillie's block today.  Your silk flowers caught my eye right off the bat.  They are lovely, as is everything on that block.  It's all so dainty and feminine.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,211
Points 111,895
Linny t replied on Thu, May 15 2014 7:10 PM

Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam:

I'm not neglecting you guys but my posts are disappearing.  

Linny t Patchwork Posse has very good tips and tutorials.

Hi, Mamag.  How've you been?  Thanks for the tip.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 16 2014 2:16 AM

Diane:
Since my friend paid me half the money ahead of time, I was able to get a nice mattress topper for my painful old bones. lol  Also, I ordered a Mighty Brite from Amazon---just under $100 with shipping.  I will love the lamp for all the fine work I do.  The friend who is leaving for 6 weeks had me make "wedding earrings" for her and ordered 2 more pairs.  She has a certain style she likes with 3---6 mm beads so they are easy to make.  She calls them her "honeymoon earrings" lol  So it looks like my beading is coming back!!!  It's been a long time.  I'm enjoying it again.

So nice for you to get a new mattress topper. Maybe that'll help you get some good sleep. I hope you love your Mighty Brite. I've pretty much stopped using the electric plug and run it on batteries so I can put it anywhere I want. One of the best tools I've invested in.

Diane:
Steph---I wear strong glasses all the time.  I was called Magoo too.  Especially when I forgot my glasses in school and had to sit in the front row that day.  I took them off for the selfie because they distorted the shape of my face.  My glasses are just part of me though.

It's really hard to find a "becoming" pair of glasses, isn't it? I've come to accept them over time, and  more thankful that I can see. At least I didn't have to start wearing them until later in life. 

That's so special that your friend wanted earrings to wear on her trip. It'll be fun to be inspired to make some more....I hope all goes well for you with her mother and the care. Keep us posted....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 16 2014 2:18 AM

Linny t:

I just wanted to share this blog post on 5 tips ways for organizing a small sewing space.   Some cute ideas in it.

Thanks for the link. Some great tips there. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 16 2014 2:23 AM

Jo,

You have had a weekful of woes with your new laptop, partial and the gas leak. I'm so thankful that you and George could smell that gas before it caused serious health issues for you. I was surprised that they had you put that partial in before your gums had time to heal from the teeth being pulled. Guess that's the way they do things. It took mine a few weeks before all the swelling went down, so I think you're wise to wait before you go back. 

Sending some prayers your way....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,035
Points 65,535
Robin replied on Fri, May 16 2014 3:49 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your day has gotten off to a beautiful start. 

Jo,  Seems like you are over due for a bit of good luck.  I hope it shows up soon for you.

Lillie,  I'm so glad to hear that you like you new job.   You'll have to share some of the tips that you learn.  By the way have you received Diane's block?

Linny,   I got Stephanie's block yesterday.   You and Diane's work is gorgeous.

Marie,  Nice to hear from you.

Diane,  It's nice to have so many good things to look forward to.

Have a nice day.

Robin

Page 146 of 222 (3320 items) «Prev144145146147148Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use