My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,546 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 822
Points 13,495

Wow I'm sad to hear that we all have ailments but happy to hear we all use QCA and quilting itself for therapy.  Love this site.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:18 PM

Stephanie:

I can't wait!!! Did I tell you, her family has a history of twins? 

No, I don't think so.  Twin grand babies is a very exciting thought.  Two grand babies at once would be an overloading joy!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:24 PM

mamagshouse:

Wow I'm sad to hear that we all have ailments but happy to hear we all use QCA and quilting itself for therapy.  Love this site. 

I don't know what I'd do without my sewing.  Probably be locked up or hospitalized or something, lol.  It calms the mind a sooths the soul.  I've met some of the best people I've known on this site.  I'm thankful for it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:31 PM

Robin, so sorry to hear about Laurie having an accident.  What a bummer week for her.  Just tell her it means that when the good comes it'll be all that more wonderful.  God's got something ahead for her that will be better than the school that turned her down. 

You telling about your mom and pics made me think about my mom.  She had a thing with pictures where she'd close her eyes and turn away or put her hands up.  So many pics with those eyes closed.  We started taking pics of her when she wasn't looking.  She was camera shy.  I have some cute ones of her cooking.  I keep them in my kitchen and they make me smile.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:34 PM

Diane:
. I was invited by a friend to go to our restaurant here in the building.  Her daughter came and we became facebook friends.  It was really fun.  They had 4 meats to choose from and plenty of side dishes.  It was very good!

So nice that you had a good Easter, Diane.  And made a new friend to boot.  Can't beat that.

Hope the rest of the eggs make it.  It's exciting to think about those little creatures.  They're so cute.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:42 PM

Donna, you're breakup with your husband really did a number on you, didn't it?  My daughter went through something similar when her marriage broke up.  She's been living with me for the past 2 years and is now getting on her feet again.  I'm glad it happened while she was still young instead of it going for years and years before happening.  So many women find themselves in that circumstance where they've devoted their whole life to a man who suddenly finds someone new.  It's a terrible thing.  I'm glad you have your faith and your sewing and now you've found the good people here. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,500
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 3:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Back to the routine.   Up early enough to catch some praise music and say Good Morning.

I love that this little group is growing it is so much fun to make new friends.

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement for Laurie.  I will pass them on.  It is so hard when your young to wait until it is your turn for things to happen.  So many of her friends have gotten engaged or married to guys that they have dated a much shorter time than her and Chris have.  But Chris is a very sure of himself young man and they both have a lot on their plate.  I think he's waiting for her to graduate which is in a few weeks.   But we'll see.  I also think he might be concerned about how they will live and support themselves as if they get engaged now and married next spring he will still have two years of school left.   He wants to be a Physical Therapist and that is a 5 year degree program.   Knowing how he has been raised as the man is suppose to take care of things I'm sure there is some hesitation to marry and not be sure he can provide for her.    But I know it will all work out one way or another and I'm sure that God has a plan that is perfect even if it doesn't match the Laurie Smith Time Table.  

Diane--- good luck with the remaining 7 eggs.

Everyone else I hope you have a bright, cheerful, precious Wednesday.  

robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Points 4,355
lilliepad replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:34 AM

Ladies,

I might need an extra week or so on Linny's Etui. While I have been recovering from surgery, I've had zero energy and have not done one single thing on Linny's block for over a week. I started up again last evening, and am pleased with my progress. I do not want to rush through it just to mail it out on-time. I have a bunch of ideas in my head and I want them to be on Linny's block before I mail it to Stephanie.I would like to have until May 10 to finish Linny's block and get it in the mail to Stephanie. Please let me know if there are any issues with my deadline.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Points 4,355
lilliepad replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:37 AM

Thank God it was just the car that was injured in the accident. How disappointing for Laurie that Chris did not pop the question. Maybe he thought that Easter was not an appropriate time. And the job interview. That just makes no sense to me. I'm praying that things turn the corner for Laurie very soon.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 241
Points 4,355
lilliepad replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:39 AM

Twins! That would be wonderful. Will you be living close to them? They will certainly need a lot of help and no one better than Grandma!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:17 AM

lilliepad:

Ladies,

I might need an extra week or so on Linny's Etui. While I have been recovering from surgery, I've had zero energy and have not done one single thing on Linny's block for over a week. I started up again last evening, and am pleased with my progress. I do not want to rush through it just to mail it out on-time. I have a bunch of ideas in my head and I want them to be on Linny's block before I mail it to Stephanie.I would like to have until May 10 to finish Linny's block and get it in the mail to Stephanie. Please let me know if there are any issues with my deadline.

It's okay by me.  I didn't get Stephanie's block until around the 10th, so I'll need that much more time, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:21 AM

Robin:
But I know it will all work out one way or another and I'm sure that God has a plan that is perfect even if it doesn't match the Laurie Smith Time Table.  
 This is most certain.  

It sounds like she's got a really wonderful beau and it'll be worth waiting on that.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,500
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 2:15 PM

Linny t:

Robin:
But I know it will all work out one way or another and I'm sure that God has a plan that is perfect even if it doesn't match the Laurie Smith Time Table.  
 This is most certain.  

It sounds like she's got a really wonderful beau and it'll be worth waiting on that.

I think so.   He is alot like her Dad in some ways, which means you can push and pull but he's going to make the big decisions in his own time.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,500
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 2:18 PM

lilliepad:

Thank God it was just the car that was injured in the accident. How disappointing for Laurie that Chris did not pop the question. Maybe he thought that Easter was not an appropriate time. And the job interview. That just makes no sense to me. I'm praying that things turn the corner for Laurie very soon.

Thanks Lillie,

Seems like we turned the corner a little today.   The adjuster didn't total her car.  They are going to fix it which is for the best since it's paid for now will just have to wait and see what happens with the other things.

By the way the 10th is fine with me.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,142
Points 42,705
Diane replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 2:50 PM

Robin--I remember my first car was a super beetle.  It was yellow and I just loved it.  I totaled it once.  The car was worth about $1000 which was the cost of fixing it.  I didn't have my mom to help me.  Insurance was uncooperative.  I had to bum rides for a while.  They weren't fixing my car because it was totaled.  Finally I called and told them to fix it.  They did and everything was good.  I don't even remember the accident but I remember the insurance trying to get over on me somehow.  I was 20 yes old and had to deal with that but I got through it.  My car was paid for too.

"This too shall pass", as my grandmother used to always tell me.

Page 124 of 237 (3547 items) «Prev122123124125126Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use