My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,961 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 175
Points 3,305

Robin,

I happy to hear that you are starting to feel well and most of the pain and discomfort has subsided. It's a good thing that you are taking Monday off. You can use a bit more rest..  I'm glad that you are easing back into your busy schedule by taking Monday and Wed off.

lol Reading your comment about going to Hobby Lobby after surgery reminded me of the stop DH took me to after mine. I too remember very little of it.  I do remember that I had gauze sticking out of my mouth and both sides of my  face were completely swollen. And I couldn't talk because of all the gauze. I just kept looking at DH and he would answer for me.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 6:22 AM

Stephanie:
Sounds so painful. Do you have screws in there still?
 Sure do.  It's right at the top of my shin bone.  They attached the ACL at the top by gluing a plate with attachment points.  Sounds macabre, doesn't it.  It only hurts when it's really cold.  That screw gets cold.  The ACL tendon was harvested from a human.  They told me it was from a young boy.  God bless him, wherever he is.  I've never had any problem with it.  

Stephanie:
I can see you're trying to "Keep that Sunny side up
 Yup, you hit the nail on the head.  I think of that fabric you had in your block last time.  Remember?  

Today is chore day to make up for taking yesterday off.  Let's see how sunny I am later, lol.  After handling all that floss yesterday I have an urge to hoop up some fabric and stitch.  I found my good hoop.  I was wondering where it got off to.  It's a 10" and has wide hoops which make it easy to hold on to.  Now I have probably 20 or 30 hoops of different sizes and shapes.  They all have their place, but this hoop is the only one that inspires me when I see or handle it.  It's my muse's favorite, I think.  I got a new book.  It's one that Mary Corbet reviewed.  It's Bead Embroidery Stitch Samples Motifs.  It's tiny little embroidered motifs that include beads.  It has pics on the front and when I saw the little flying bird on the top, I knew I had to have it.  It is well done, with pictures and patterns, etc.  It's written by CRK Design/Yasuko Endo.  The same author as Bead Embroidery Stitch Samples, which is a nice book to have on had for CQ seam treatments.   Mary Corbet reviews it here on her Needle n' Thread site.  I like her fresh style.  I may just hoop up and practice from these books later.  

I like Mary's reviews.  She's honest and accurate and has a lot of experience on the topic.  She's someone I can trust.  

Oh, mercy.  I have to get my mind off this and onto chores.   I hope you all have a great Sunday, whatever you are doing.

Robin, thinking of you today.  Hope the pain isn't so bad for you and there are no complications.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Good morning everyone,

Robin, You mad me laugh this morning with your comments about not feeling the urge to moo today. LOL. And a moooeautiful day. LOL. I Love your sense of humor. It's so wonderful to read that Donn is being such a great caretaker. And even taking you to Hobby Lobby after the surgery. God love him. Hope you are continuing to heal. That extra day not to have to work will help. Thanks for the link. Great site!

Darlene,

You are on a roll. Best of health, and luck in following thru with all of your ufo's and projects. 

Linny,

Thank goodness you live in a warm climate and only have to struggle thru a very short time of cold weather. It's really incredible that they can use screws in our bodies. I do remember that Sunny side up fabric. I only had a fat quarter of it, and just had to use it in that block. It makes me smile every time I see it.

I hear ya with the chore catch up. Me too. Although for some reason, today, I feel like being Susie homemaker. That rarely happens. LOL. Awesome that you found your favorite hoop. I have one of those wider ones. I really like it too. Don't remember where I got it. I'd like to have a couple more sizes.

The bead book looks like a great find. One I'd like to add to my collection as well. Thanks for the link.

Like you, I'd better get started. Bella (small Boston terrier) and I were playing princesses this morning and sleeping in. The rest of the house was all a flutter with activity, whilst we just had the attitude that someone should fan us and feed us grapes. My older brother used that expression years ago on his birthday one year. No sense of entitlement there. LOL

My muse is in overdrive, I am happy to say. I'm already having some visions of what I'd like to do on Robin's block. And the best thing is it's come to me so early. No need to ponder. Love when that happens.

Hope you all have  a great day....   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:35 AM

Robin:
I hope you all have a Moooooeautiful Sunday.
 ROFLOL!!  

Thanks for the link.  I'm going to go check it out soon as my chores are done.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:40 AM

Stephanie:
The rest of the house was all a flutter with activity, whilst we just had the attitude that someone should fan us and feed us grapes.
 This is where Lillie and I were yesterday.  

Stephanie:
My muse is in overdrive, I am happy to say. I'm already having some visions of what I'd like to do on Robin's block. And the best thing is it's come to me so early. No need to ponder. Love when that happens.
 I can't wait to get your block.  I hope Diane was able to mail it out.  I haven't heard from her since Friday when she said she was sending it Saturday, tooth pain allowing.  You should jump on those visions before you second guess them.  Robin's block looks like it'll be fun to work on.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:50 AM

lilliepad:
lol Reading your comment about going to Hobby Lobby after surgery reminded me of the stop DH took me to after mine. I too remember very little of it.  I do remember that I had gauze sticking out of my mouth and both sides of my  face were completely swollen. And I couldn't talk because of all the gauze. I just kept looking at DH and he would answer for me.

Lillie you and Robin are so funny going to the store after mouth surgery.  Good think you guys had your DH's along.  Too funny what anesthesia makes us do...and shock...we think we've got it totally together until it's time to interact, right?  After I had leg surgery to re-attach my ham string, I went right home.  The physical therapy guy showed up within an hour of me getting there.  I had crutches and this brace that made me keep my knee bent which prevented me from wearing under ware and all I could think to tell him was that I had to pee.  He helped me up and we were making our way to the potty.  I got about half way there and then I just peed right there in front of him.  He was very gracious even though I'm sure some got on his shoes.  He said the anesthesia makes that happen.  Ricky was alive then and he was just rolling with laughter.  The guy came back 3 times a week for a month after that, giving me therapy in my home.  Each time I thought about peeing on his shoes.  One time he hurt me and after saying he was sorry, he asked if I was going to pee on him again, lol.

Linny T

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,650
Jo1030 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 11:58 AM

Linny t:
he asked if I was going to pee on him again, lol.

Hi Everyone......I did like Lillie,, I rejoined under a new name and my old email address.  I am now Jo1030.

I have been reading all the posts, just couldn't reply.  I sent Stephanie a long email this a.m. b/4 church...I will see if I can copy/paste it here.

Linny that is so funny, your peeing on the therapist. and imbarassing!  I can't believe you went to a store after mouth surgery, Robin. All of you have been through so much.

I love all the crazy quilting that you ll have been doing.   Hugs, Jo 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 60
Points 1,650
Jo1030 replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 12:02 PM

Hi Stephanie,,,,,,, I am so mad at QCA!!!!!!!!!  I was fine when I didn't go to the home page; but I went there once and now I can't sign in to reply to any posts!  I get the posts sent to my email and was always fine replying from there.  I just wanted to see what the problem you guys were having....DUMB ME. lol  I have contacted them and they tried changing my pw, but that hasn't helped.  I tried making a new name like Lillie did, but the site wouldn't let me.....said "that email address is already in use."   Of course it is,,,,,me.

I can read the posts, just can't reply.  I told them to cancel my premium membership!
I went back to the cardiologist last week because I have been having a real bad pain in the middle of my chest and under my left breast right where my bra hits.  I didn't think it was a heart pain, but I felt it was something to do with the heart surgery.  He thinks it is a postoperative incisional hernia.  I go for a cat scan on Tues.
I get my three teeth pulled on May 2.
I have started a Tae Chi  (sp?) balance class every Tues and Thurs from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.  It is sponsored by Wv University and it lasts for 16 weeks and it is free. I really need it and I am hoping it helps.  The instructor said it trains your body the movements and then when you start to fall,  the body remembers what to do to keep you from falling.  Makes sense  ( I just hope my body has a better memory than my mind has.) lol

I got a new inexpensive sewing machine to have as a spare. I moved the other one to where my cutting table is and I am going to use it as an embroidery machine. I would be lost if I had to put my machine in the shop, so decided it was time to have an extra.
It worked; that is what is going on in my world.    Hugs, Jo
  • Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Linny t:
Today is chore day

Linny I read this post this morning before going to church.  You inspired me.  When I got home, the air was fresh, temps around 50 and I felt ready to tackle the front yard.  I raked my front yard which thankfully is not very large.  Three swipes with a lawn mower and it is done.  Took me about half an hour to rake that and between the side walk and the street.  I am done for but glad I got that much done.

I need to go to the store to get bread and milk.  Did anyone tell me this morning that they used the last of the bread and milk?  No or I would have stopped on the way home.  Oh well.  Quick run in and out and then I can get to the dungeon.

Never did get back down there last night but I didn't get to bed either.  When I finally went to bed I was readying last minute e-mails and fell asleep with my phone in my hand.  Woke up about 20 minutes later, turned off the phone and closed my eyes for real.  Made for a tough morning today and I ended up only having 10 minutes to get ready for church.  I managed to shower, get dressed, do my hair and brush my teeth.  Splattered toothpaste all over myself. but I was in the car right behind Tim.  He hasn't seen me move like that in a while.  I think he was impressed that the old girl can still hustle when she has to.

Today is an either day for the April challenge which means I get to pick which UFO I work on.  I have the next row of my quilt as you go laid out so I think that will be my choice.  I am trying to make the back like a Suduko puzzle when done.  Back pieces are some of the fabric from the front so it will be a pieced front and back when finished.  Don't want to repeat the same fabric in any row or column.  This is proving to be a challenge.  I had made a chart when I was originally working on this project but can't find it.  Now I remember why when I piece my CQ, I just pick up the next block and join it.  No thought.  I just put it together as it comes off the pile.  I wish I could have allowed myself to do that but I am past that point and must just finish it.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Norma Jo Doll:
I rejoined under a new name and my old email address.

Jo, so good to hear from you.  Sorry to hear that you have had all the problems with the site.  I read your post copied from the e-mail you sent to Stephanie and agree with your frustration.

I had a minor issue and was fortunate enough that my password solved the problem.  This has been interesting the last few months to say the least.

Hope that your dental procedure goes well. 

I also am interested in the class for balance.  Hope it goes well.  The theory sounds good.  I agree that I am not so sure that my body will remember how to react.  Falling is so scary.  I have been lucky to stay upright in the last few years but the last fall was when I tore my right knee up and had to have it replaced.  I wasn't sure I was going to get back up off the floor that night.  Oh well, enough on that. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 175
Points 3,305

Welcome back Jo. It's wonderful they let you use your same email address. I had to create a new one.

Linny-that's really funny about you peeing on the therapist.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Linny t:
One time he hurt me and after saying he was sorry, he asked if I was going to pee on him again, lol.

ROFLOL. That was the funniest story I've read in a long time. I'm sure you were embarrassed to tears when it happened. The guy was so neat to handle it the way he did. And Ricky!!! Stinker for laughing through it all. Mike would too. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Norma Jo Doll:
Hi Stephanie,,,,,,, I am so mad at QCA!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jo! So happy you made it in. What a nightmare. Your email didn't come through on my old desktop. It's not unusual for that to happen on this computer for some reason. Haven't checked the laptop. It's probably in there. It's set up to download, and not online like google or yahoo.

Sorry to hear the news about the pain in the middle of your chest, and having to go for a cat scan. I'd never heard of a post operative incisional hernia. Geez, not bad enough to have to go thru the surgery the first time, but now maybe a second to correct it?

With most of us on here having such dental issues, including myself recently, they should all be having a bump in business. If they have to open your chest back up to correct the hernia, will you be able to handle all of this?

That's really cool reading about the Tai Chi balance class. I hope you enjoy it and get a lot out of it.

And also good news abut having a spare sewing machine. It is definitely the pits to be right in the middle of a project and have your only one break down. I like having two as well, so I don't put too many hours on my embroidery machine with basic sewing.

Once again I'm so happy you've had the perseverance to make it back. The site itself has been running so much better outside of those issues. I was one of the lucky ones that all I had to do was change my password.

Hugs right back at ya!!!!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433

Darlene,

You must have been so tired to fall asleep with the phone in your hand. Bless your heart.

The weather in the 50's sounds great for getting out and raking leaves. That'll hopefully help build some stamina back for you from that awful flu.

I can't believe what a planning and organized person you are. I'm looking forward to seeing the Suducko puzzle back on your quilt. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 5:40 PM

Darlene, I'm glad I inspired you.  Raking leaves when it's in the 50's sounds like almost fun.  You do it with a lawnmower?  I've done that in my front yard.  My neighbor has a tree that seems to always shed.  I put the bag on and just collect it for mulch.  Better than blisters on the hands.  I have a large-ish yard.  (it gets bigger every year, lol)  I mowed today, so I got my exercise.  It was around 80 here with a nice breeze.  Just enough to keep me cooled off.  

It's amazing you got ready for church so fast.  Did anyone notice your toothpaste spatters?  Sometimes I do that during the week.  Stay up late just because I can't sleep and then wake up late, having to rush around.  It's just nice late at night when the house is quiet and the pets are sleeping.  

Don't you just love it when the family finishes something and doesn't tell you.  That happens here with the milk all the time.  We all drink it and it seems it's when I get home that I find out we don't have any for the morning, so back out I go.  It's easier for me to do it than it would be for Audra.  She's got Nate stuff and she's doing online school again.  

Your Suduko puzzle back sounds like fun.  How clever.  Hope you figure it out or find your pattern.  I've never done a QAYG quilt, but have always wanted to.  Some day.  I did to one that was sew and flip, Georgia Bonesteel style.  It was a strip quilt.  It went really fast once I got the strips sewn together.

Linny T

Page 108 of 198 (2962 items) «Prev106107108109110Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use