rated by 0 users
This post has 3,765 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,990
Robin replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 5:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope the sunlight finds all of you well rested and ready to start a new day. 

The yard work is taking a toll on me with sore muscles and tired body.   But it feels so good.

Got to try and finish up as much as I can today since the next two days are calling for tunderstorms.  But until the sun comes out and brightens the day I'm going to work on Laurie's quilt. 

Have a great day.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,315
Points 113,605
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 27 2014 4:41 PM

Robin, just think how proud you'll be of your yard when you're done.  We had showers and clouds all day long and that's supposed to keep on until Sunday.  Wish I was able to stay home and quilt through it, but that's not in the cards for me.  I'm so happy it is for you, though.  I can't think of anything more relaxing that quilting all day while the weather's bad.  

Honestly, I can't believe I got on the site.  I several emails without any reply, so then I forwarded all of them in one email.  That must have done the trick.  They changed my password.  I don't know what it is, but the link they gave me worked, so I'll just stay logged in all night.  Who knows what tomorrow may bring.

Lillie has told me she has the same problem about not being able to log on.  Robin, she's mailing your block to Stephanie soon.  I hope she can get on here to post a picture.

If you haven't already, I suggest clicking the "report issue" button at the top right of the screen and then the "email us" link towards the bottom of the page.  Put "can't log in" in the "re:" line.   Send one every time you try to log in.  Sooner or later they will reply.

I miss you guys.  Hope all is well with everyone.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:38 AM

Looks like we're in for thunderstorms  for the weekend too." Let the rains begin. " The start of our rainy season here maybe? I sure have loved this cooler weather we've had for a while. Not like us to have it all the way into the end of March.

Robin,

Hope you enjoy your weekend of quilting before you have to go back to work. And that the lattice border falls into place just the way you want it to.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:43 AM

Linny t:
 They changed my password.  I don't know what it is, but the link they gave me worked, so I'll just stay logged in all night.  Who knows what tomorrow may bring

I had clicked the link to change my password, and got one overnight. I had also emailed, and never got a response. The link worked the first day on Chrome after I cleared my history. Then yesterday, I was "offline" again but got on with IE. Yes, who knows what tomorrow will bring....  

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,990
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 6:46 AM

Good Morning to anyone who can log in,

I'm really missing the chattering of all my online friends.

I had to get a new password too.   I think it may have something to do with the update they tried.

Linny,  Thanks for the information from Lillie,  I can't wait to see it.

Hope you all have a  great day.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Good afternoon all.

I had to do the new password thing also.  I am hoping that this takes care of my issues for a while.

I went to the consignment shop today and was told that my sales for March were VERY nice.    I was there at lunch time and the lunch crowd was very busy so I told her I would be back Monday.

I had been slightly concerned because she had allowed someone to take 30 of my treat bags out of the store [without asking me prior to doing it]  It ended up being okay because the person sold all of them at her work place.  I feel like I want to tell her not to repeat this practice in the future but because of the results, I'm not sure if I am justified to make this request.  Part of my concern was that she would not care for the items while they were out of the store, they would be soiled or damaged and then would not be worthy of selling.  Since she did sell all of them, I am on the fence. 

If I tell her I didn't appreciate the way she handled my product, I may look ungrateful that they were sold. 

Oh well.  We will see how things work out as we move forward.  I do believe that I will not take that volume at one time.  That may be all I need to do to avoid this happening again.

I went to the planning meeting for the market this morning.  It was good to be out of the house.  I was disappointed that there was only one other vendor there.  I had hoped that there would be more.  I think the committee was pleased so that is what is important.  We had some good discussion and hoping that it will be a great season.  I have paid for the whole season, which gives me a discount and that is done.  No need to think about it again.  I also got first choice of my space among the "artisans".  That is nice because I had an idea of where I would like to be placed.  I am hoping that the manager will "allow" me to give input of all the arts/crafts vendors so that I don't have to next to someone annoying.  I am so bad.  There is one returning vendor that I would really prefer to be away from.  We will see.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 4,855
lilliepad replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 4:06 PM

This was really a hard process to get back on this site.

I had to create a brand new email address. The I had to join QCA with my new email address. Then I had to find this group and JOIN and SUBSCRIBE!  Whew! and not in a good way.

Well, I'm back. I never did get a response from customer service. They did not fix my old account. Now I will get info on both of them. WHAT A PAIN this web site had become.

I would be totally happy to look into the other website that Gini told us about and get all the info and share it with the rest of us.

Anyway...here is Robin's block. I still have not put it in the mail. Maybe tomorrow (Sat). I will post again (if I can get back on) when it's actually been delivered to the PO.

I really had fun doing this block. Some things I tried and didn't like, so I ripped them out. Others worked perfectly the first time. I hope you are pleased with the results Robin.

Hugs-Lillie

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,315
Points 113,605
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 4:10 PM

I couldn't get on today either, so I told them and here I am, all happy and smiling.  I did all that, clearing the history, etc. and it still didn't work.  I have to say I'm happy that they respond as quick as they do.  This last time she said if I still had problems to send her my phone number and we'd work through it together.  Nice.  I hope they send a survey so I can tell them I'm happy, lol.  Before complaining was like talking to a wall.  Now there's people on the other end.  That's hopeful, right?

Lillie, did you create a new user named Lilliepad?  Is that you?  Hope it makes it so you can post.

Darlene, congrats on the sales.  Maybe you should find out what their policy is if your merchandise is damaged while in their care.  They may have a policy on it.  Sounds like you made a good choice going to the meeting.  This year you won't have to face the sun, I hope.  Also, I hope they let you pick your neighbors.  I can imagine trying to sell handmade goods next to someone deep frying food or something...ick!

Robin, did you quilt all day?  I saw the radar for up your way and it looked like a wash out to me.

Other than that I'd like to tell you all how happy I am that it's Friday, lol.  We were particularly busy at work this week and I'm so very glad it's over.  I hope you all had a fantastic Friday. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,315
Points 113,605
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 7:12 PM

I got an email from Diane and thought it'd be quicker if I just copied it here for you all to read:

Hi Linny
I have been having problems signing in for days.  QCA has given me 2 passwords to get in but they are so long with all kinds of symbols.  One of them even had a symbol I don't have on my keyboard.  Neither worked.
I have emailed them and explained the situation but they worn't read it until Monday.
I am still working on Stephanies's  block and will have it in the mail in a couple of days.  I have had some busy days.
Nelly had her eggs---17---some look good and some not.  It took her 3 days to lay them.  I have 12, I think in the incubator.  Now I have to be patient.
Tell everyone hello and I can read their posts.
Thanks!
Good luck with the eggs, Diane.  Hope you get the login stuff sorted out soon.  We've all had problems.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,315
Points 113,605
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 7:23 PM

lilliepad:

Anyway...here is Robin's block. I still have not put it in the mail. Maybe tomorrow (Sat). I will post again (if I can get back on) when it's actually been delivered to the PO.

I really had fun doing this block. Some things I tried and didn't like, so I ripped them out. Others worked perfectly the first time. I hope you are pleased with the results Robin.

Hugs-Lillie

I just had to bump this pic to the top.  How lovely, Lillie!  It's so fresh and dainty.  You do such beautiful work!

I guess you were posting this the same time I was asking if that was you, lol.  I'm so glad your problems are somewhat over with getting on here.  I have no idea how long my luck will last.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,990
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 4:44 AM

Lillie,

I love what you did with my block.   It's absolutely beautiful.   It looks so dainty.   I love the way you did the flower tree.   Thank you so much for all your hard work and effort.   I really love it.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,990
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:00 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It is so good to hear from other people, I thought I had forgotten to put on my deodorant.

I hope they hurray up and get all of the kinks worked out of the new system before everyone jumps ship to a different site.  

Yesterday was more yard work.   I did several things like finished putting down the weed cloth, weed and feed the grass and rake and clean up my overall mess. 

Then I came in and clean up my crazy quilting supplies.  They have gotten quiet out of hand and now I have dyes to add so before I start playing with them I figure I better make room for them somewhere.  Anyone got any suggestions before I dive into this adventure.  I bought a called colorhue by Ginny Eckley.  There is a website so I plan on going there when I finish with this note.  They are concentrates that you mix with water.

Today and tomorrow is all that I have left of my time off.   I have  a little bit of school work I have to do to but the rest is devoted to house and home, aka yard and Laurie's Quilt which has turned into a slow project.   My mind is so clutter with junk I can't seem to focus on anything.

I hope everyone can get they login problems resolve soon and that you have a marvelous weekend.

Linny,  Sounds like you need a nice weekend.    I hope you get to enjoy it and do something creative with your time.

Darlene,  I'm like you,  I would be a little concerned about my product leaving a protected environment.  

Lillie,   I love, love, love the work you did on my square.  I just keep going back and looking at it.  I know!   I'm going to download it so I can look at it even more.

Diane,  Glad to hear from you.  I hope that your issues are resolved soon.   Have fun with your dragons and don't let this log in issue drag you down.  (hehehe)

The sun is not even up here and birds are already hard at it.  Tweet, Tweet

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:36 AM

Lillie,

Welcome back. Glad you persevered and made it thru. 

Your work on Robins block is wonderful. The flowering tree reminds me of a blooming azalea tree my DH got me one year for our anniversary. Love all of your flowers!   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:39 AM

Linny t:
QCA has given me 2 passwords to get in but they are so long with all kinds of symbols.  One of them even had a symbol I don't have on my keyboard.  Neither worked.

Diane,

I highlighted, copied and pasted the password in. Have you tried that?

Wow 17 eggs! Good luck with all of them! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 29 2014 6:19 AM

Robin:
I thought I had forgotten to put on my deodorant.
LOL. It is good that we're being able to get back on.

I bet your week has seemed to have flown by.

Robin:
Then I came in and clean up my crazy quilting supplies.  They have gotten quiet out of hand and now I have dyes to add so before I start playing with them I figure I better make room for them somewhere.  Anyone got any suggestions before I dive into this adventure.

I understand completely how the clutter makes your head not being able to focus. I've gotten the same way. Especially as I've gotten older. I never got a chance to show you some of the progress I've made in organizing. I took a pic of the "armoire" project in my sewing room. It's for housing wool and cq stuff. I haven't labeled everything yet. I'm slowly collecting all the colors of DMC floss, and want to label them with the numbers 1-whatever for each box. The floss containers also house beads, and tiny things. The  drawer units have my wool, cq fabric, laces, and silk ribbons. There was room for a couple project boxes on top. The bottom of the armoire is filled with fabric. Just one idea of how to turn someone's throw away into a valuable asset for a room. The best part is I can close the doors.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the dyes. Are they a heat set? Maybe you could post a link to the site for us....

Page 100 of 252 (3766 items) «Prev9899100101102Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use