My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,757 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:56 PM

Hopefully I've caught up with everyone's posts.

It's been great to have the day to wind down and work on Lillie's block some. And rest!!!  Social me should wind down for a while. I have all kinds of things I need to get back to. Work being one of them. LOL.

My friend and I saw a quilt at a shop recently that we are both interested in making. The fabrics in it are so beautiful. I've been collecting them and will have to post a pic for you.

Hope you all have had a super weekend!!! 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 8:20 PM

Darlene, your trees are awesome.  Fly stitch makes nice angles for leaves, too.  

Stedman is a pretty kitty, too.  I have a black cat and he looks like Stedman, but no white patch.  I like that, tuxedo cat.  Too cute.  You got a lot accomplished today, finding those pictures.  You should be proud of yourself.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

well, the spring tree has buds, the fall tree has leaves and I think the winter tree is done.

All in all, a good day's work.  These were fun.  Now I need to decide what else I can put trees on.  I know there will be more trees in my future.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 5:12 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I woke up at my usual time so I decided to go ahead and get up.    It will give me some alone time in the office before Donn gets up.   I can sew and listen to music  or watch a movie while I work.    He hates noise and I like it so we have a little problem sharing the same space.     I've tried to reconfigure my house a dozen ways but nothing is working, so shared space it is.   

Darlene,

I love your trees and the leaves are great.    I love what you have done so far.   How about white and clear seed beads to make icicles?  If you want them for winter.

I love your wedding quilt.  The backing was almost as cool as the front.  How neat!  It was like having two quilts in one.   I love that idea.

Stephanie,

Wedding planning sounds like so much fun.   I hope that these next few months are full of great moments like the ones you had this weekend and that you make lots of great memories.   It's bound to be full of parties and such with wedding showers and a bridal luncheon.  Who knows you may even get invited to the bachlorette party.

Lillie, 

I think it's great that you love snow.  I would think that it's  a must for living in a climate where there is so much of it.   Also it's really cool to have a friend who is an expert at something and they are so willing to share their skills.   It will be so nice to have unique draperies that reflect your personal style as a oppose to having to settle for you can find.

Linny,

How was your weekend?  Did you get to do anything special?

Jo,

What are you working on these days?

Wish QCA would add a like button to these post so you could like the things you read.    I always forget something.   If I left someone or something out, I'm sorry.  

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 5:47 AM

Robin:
I woke up at my usual time so I decided to go ahead and get up.    It will give me some alone time in the office before Donn gets up.   I can sew and listen to music  or watch a movie while I work.    He hates noise and I like it so we have a little problem sharing the same space.     I've tried to reconfigure my house a dozen ways but nothing is working, so shared space it is.

Happy Monday Robin. You're on vacation, so you can enjoy the wee hours and even have a nap if you need one. Have a great day listening to music and sewing. And gardening too, if your heart desires....

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

I like your leaves, Darlene. Why don't you add a few coming down from the branches, it would show where the leaves at the bottom are coming from.  It is just a suggestion.

I like Stedman.....although I like any cat. lol.  I just wish I had one that wanted to cuddle with me.  Sammy only wants to be on my lap when I have my red night gown on and then only for a few minutes.

Diane, I sure hope "the business" works out.  Surely there has to be some place that would want to buy them.   You didn't answer my question......how did you get started having lizards?    

Stephanie, your dress hunt and party sounds like fun. I have watched the show "Say yes to the dress", it is fun. It is nice that you and her mother hit it off. It is good to have families that like each other. Do they live in the same area as you do?

The birds are really singing outside this morning.  I will be glad when we can turn the furnace off and open all the windows.     

Darlene, I have the same problem you have with the computer/camera......I will stumble around and get the pictures on the computer and am not sure where to find them and then when I have to do it again, I can't remember how I did it.            

Hugs, everyone,  Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:33 AM

Darlene, love your trees, especially the buds on the spring one.  I think everyone's getting spring fever about now.  The autumn leaves are cool, too.  I like how it's the same tree shape and different months.  It adds to the element of time passing.  Lovely.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:43 AM

Robin:
 Nice to spend some quiet time feeling like the early bird on your day off, isn't it?

Robin:

Linny,

How was your weekend?  Did you get to do anything special?

Not unless you call washing bed clothes and towels special, lol.  I did work on Diane's block some more.  I'm very close to finishing it.  I also went to Publix and really took my time food shopping.  I usually race through and don't pay much attention, getting the same old stuff.  I got more fruits & veggies than I usually do.  I liked the way my basket looked when I checked out.  When I got home I cooked a meal and even used fresh garlic and shallots and even got some Rosemary from my garden.  Julia would have been proud, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:48 AM

Norma Doll:
The birds are really singing outside this morning.  I will be glad when we can turn the furnace off and open all the windows.     
 I had my windows open Saturday and they were just a singing.  I love that sound.  It won't be long now before Spring returns to the North and your heater can take a rest. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:54 AM

Stephanie:
It's been great to have the day to wind down and work on Lillie's block some. And rest!!!
 Glad you took a day to rest before getting back into "the groove".   That was quite a day you had on Saturday.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 5:58 PM

Norma Doll:
your dress hunt and party sounds like fun. I have watched the show "Say yes to the dress", it is fun. It is nice that you and her mother hit it off. It is good to have families that like each other. Do they live in the same area as you do?

Jo, It was so much fun. Behind the scenes the four of us spectators had the same dress picked out that we liked the best. We were secretly showing the number behind the brides back and giggling. She chose that dress. Then the giggles and happy bubbled over. Her family lives out of state in Minnesota. I'm really happy that we hit it off as well. Her family will know we'll always be there if she needs us. 

The birds have been singing here too. I love those happy little creatures. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,311
Points 113,555
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:05 PM

Oh, my goodness!  I've gotten on here and it actually let me log in!  I am replying!  I haven't been able to do that all day!

Hope everyone's having a really nice Tuesday!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Tue, Mar 25 2014 7:37 PM

Good evening Everyone,

Well, I was locked out all day so I didn't post earlier.   I apparently I need to do a better job remembering my password.

Today I went and saw my Mom.  She is making good progress but has still not regained her normal stamina which is normal but not to her.   We also went about Tallahassee and visited a few of the shops we like but don't get to very often.  

Now I'm headed to bed.  

Have a great evening everyone.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,102
Points 66,955
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 5:33 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you can all log in this morning.

The temps have taken a dip back down in the 40's up in this part of the state.  

Probably going to stay in a lot today, but we'll see what the weather does and what kind of clothing I can find to wear in the yard.

I'm working on the border for Laurie's quilt and it's being a booger.   Donn and I are kinda of making it up as we go so that makes it tricky.   We are trying to make it look like real white lattice with green peeking through in the right spots.  So I'm having to sew the strips on the diagonal.   Then we'll cut out the border from that.   It would be a lot easier if I could have found a pattern that explained how to do it.   I'm sure there is one out there some where.  I just could not find it.

I hope you all have a great Wednesday.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Mar 26 2014 8:01 AM

Took some doing but I was able to get back on as well. I had to clear all of my browsing history in Chrome and was able to  make it back. Scared me yesterday with all the friends and conversations gone. 

Robin,

Good to hear your mom is still making progress. It's taken Mike two years mentally to be almost totally back to himself. Such a process for them and the ones that love them. We were lucky in that he only had a mild paralysis. Best wishes to her for her continued recovery.

Brrr, it's chilly. Beautiful blue skies though. Hope it warms up enough for you to get out and enjoy it a bit. I don't envy you with the lattice border. It sounds beautiful, but a lot of figuring. I'd have been tempted to applique the strips on instead of piecing it. I've never seen a pattern for one. I'm sure they are out there. I know you can make it happen. Can't wait to see it!

Hi all,

Hope too that everyone is able to make it back on, and that the site is well on the road to recovery. I'm getting ready to go visit my future daughter in law's mom before she has to travel back. Not sure if the kids have taken or had the time to show her around town a bit. Hope everyone has a great day!!!    

Page 99 of 251 (3758 items) «Prev979899100101Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use