My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,901 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:03 AM

Robin:

I just finished your block and posted it in Media.   It was a lot of fun I hope you like it.  

Robin, the block is beautiful. Your work is gorgeous. It really looks like springtime.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:06 AM

Darlene :

Lillie, are tired of it yet?  We are getting rain today with a chance of flurries tomorrow. 

I am sure done with the snow.  This winter has been especially tough for me and I am not sure why.  I know we have been fortunate to have had very mild winters for many consecutive years and that this is what it means to live in WNY but I just want to sit on my porch and stitch.  It seems like that will never happen.

I think part of my frustration is that I have had the flu.  I thought it was just allergies when it started but after a couple days with antihistamines, I knew it was more than allergies.  So I went to bed and  started with the standard OTC cold remedies.  That didn't work so I broke down and called my doctor.  I saw her Thursday and she said it was the flu.  Tim is so very pleased to tell me that if I had my flu shot, I wouldn't have had to suffer like this.  The doctor told me she had a shot and still was down for two weeks with it.  Bottom line is that we each will fight this according to our own bodies and time lines.  She told me to expect another week.  I have been using her recommended regimen of meds, pushing fluids, staying in the recliner with lots of covers and today I almost feel human.  I got to sleep in bed last night for the first time this week.  Every time I tried to be flat, I coughed so hard that Tim wasn't getting any sleep.  My back feels SOOOO much better this morning.

Stay well Lillie.  This weather up and down can catch all of us off guard and then we get sick.  No fun.

Darlene, I never get tired of the snow. When it's overcast and stormy outside, I at my happiest. I get so tired of the sun and cloudless skies. There must be something wrong with me.

I'm sorry you've been so sick this winter. Being sick can wear you down more than anything. Take care of yourself and drink plenty of liquids.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:09 AM

Linny t:

Darlene :
Just need to remember  where I stashed my project.  I am sure it is safely tucked away in the dungeon but just not sure where to begin to excavation.  Any one else have that problem??
  ALL the time, lol.

Almost everyday!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 9:14 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:

It's snowing here today. Supposed to get 2-4 inches before 5pm. I hope it holds off until 10am. I really want to go to the gym this morning. lol

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Lillie, I hope you got to the gym before the snow started.  How was your trip yesterday?  

OMGosh! We had so much fun. We left around 9am and didn't get back home until 6pm. Course, 1-1/2 hours we were stuck in Denver traffic. But we laughed and kept ourselves entertained.

Went to 2 quilt shops and bought something at each one. One of them was a really huge place jam packed with fabric from bridal to home dec. Not so much quilting fabric, but that was OK. We started talking about replacing my curtains in the great room and the master bedroom. Mary, my traveling companion, used to make curtains for a living. She said she would help me make new ones. YAHOO!  Now I just need to decide what I want in each room.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315
Darlene replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 11:24 AM

What a difference a day makes.  Today I am almost feeling completely myself again.  I stayed home from church today to give my body another day to rest.  I am almost done with the meds the doctor ordered and can definitely tell that they have helped.

I got my phone and the cord to connect to my laptop and plugged everything in this morning.  I am sometimes technically challenged and struggle with the computer but I am also the kind of lady who is determined to do this myself [when the mood suits me]  Today Tim was insisting that I rest and was not interested in helping me download the pictures I took yesterday.  Kyle claimed ignorance of the workings of my phone.  Truth be told, I don't think he was interested in fiddling around with devices today. Put all these obstacles in my path and I am now determined that I WILL do this myself!

I transferred the pictures from the camera in my phone to my computer.  Now the challenge is to figure out where they are. I could not admit to my computer geek husband that I didn't know the path I used to transfer the pictures.  I was doing this blindly.  I stumbled thru the drives and did find a folder that contained the pictures I had transferred.

Good news was that the pictures I believed were gone when my phone sat in my driveway for 2 days in December were among the pictures I transferred to my laptop.  The wedding quilt I made for my nephew, the pictures of Gracie, the last pictures I had of my Mom.  They were all there.

Bad news is that the pictures I took yesterday were not included in the transfer of data.  I still see them on my phone but they are not on the computer.

I will have to take new pictures and try to transfer a file later.  For now, I am exhausted.  That was more stimulating and tiring all at the same time than I realized it would be and I think it is time for a nap.

Wishing you all a good day filled with everything which makes you happy.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315
Darlene replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:39 PM

By George, I think I have done it.  Oh course, I did have to ask for help but I managed to humble myself and be sufficiently patient while I was guided thru the proper steps to retrieve the new photos I took.

This is the first tree I did yesterday.  I am thinking this will be my "fall" tree.  I want to put the leaves on the ground in reds, oranges and yellows to represent after the leaves have dropped but I am unsure what stitch to do to look like leaves.

This is my "winter" tree.  I am using greys and lighter colors to represent snow and ice on the tree.  I do not think this tree will have any leaves.

WooHoo.  so excited that these posted.  Now to click Post

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315
Darlene replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:47 PM

Linny t:
As for the wrinkles, ever use the spray on wrinkle release products?

Linny, that sounds like just what I need.  Of course, I need to find the blocks that are completed.

This is my sewing companion, Stedman.

He was all curled up on the quilt I was attempting to quilt.  This was when we first got him and he was all about being in the middle of whatever I was doing.  Before I convinced him that being by my feet was a better place when I am sewing.

This was him on my lap when I was being a lump in the recliner a few days ago. 

Okay, I am done proving to myself that I have figured this out again.  I will not bore you with any other pictures.

I do think that while I am not in a complete fog and have a general idea of the workings of posting pics again, I might put some things in my gallery.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Site is making me frustrated.  I get to my home page but it says I do not have a gallery.  I am sure I had a gallery with Kyle's grad quilt and other things in it.  I tried to start a new gallery and errored out. 

So, I posted the wedding quilt in media just to share.

Now, I am done with the computer for a while and will turn it off before I become more frustrated and then I don't want to stitch.  I have a forest calling me to create.  These trees are proving to be very rewarding to create and I am enjoying the process.  Took a LONG time to do one but I love the results.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:13 PM

Diane:
wedding dress shopping and engagement party---so exciting.  Have you ever seen the show on TLC called "Say yes to the dress".  It's very interesting.  Wish I was there!  Fun, fun, fun!!!

We had a blast! Her mom and I hit it off like "old souls". The gowns were amazing. I'd never seen such a selection. The engagement party was so much fun. They invited 30 people and I think 50 showed up. LOL. One of Paul's firefighter friends recollected the year I took a prime rib over encrusted with a horse radish, parmesan and mayo sauce baked on the top. Too fun. That'd been a long time ago. The black bean and rice was a big hit, and the strawberry shortcake with angelfood as well. I love these kids. Such a great bunch of friends!

I haven't seen that show. Sounds interesting. Pretty cool the way they can take one dress against another and you know when it's the one!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:16 PM

Lillie:
I'm off to Denver with a friend today. We ordered some Madeira embroidery thread and are driving down to pick it up. Having lunch with her daughter. Then going to some quilt shops on the way home. Should be a fun day.

Lillie,

I was happy to read you had such a great time, even being stuck in the weather and traffic. Are you ordering the threads for your quilt project?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:21 PM

Diane:

Nelly was more excited today and the eggs are getting bigger so I put her in the tank.  She wasn't happy but finally got in her "birthing box" and started scratching.  She is getting close so I set up the incubator and the cups they will go in.

I reminded Guido several times not to run away and to stay with Nelly where she could see him.  He did!  He sat on the end of my bed for quite a while watching her.  Finally he left and went to sleep.

I called a number where they sell bearded dragons.  I will have to go through the process to see how much the costs are and what I will make.  You get special styrofoam containers for this purpose then you mail them.  The box will be marked "live animals".  They will be there in 2 days.

It does sound like Nellie's getting close! That was really interesting that Guido understood what you saying to him. Hope the business venture works out. It's be great to be able to make some money from breeding them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:31 PM

Darlene :

I have never had much desire to invest in "project boxes" but after this I may change that opinion.  I have had people ask whether I use scrapbooking boxes to keep my blocks when I am working on a project.  Like I said, never saw the value in that investment.  I had to press all the blocks that I found because they were in a bag and folded, etc.  Quite a mess.  Fortunately, these were the blocks which needed a little attention and no embellishing had happened yet.  I am now concerned what the blocks I was working on will look like once I find them.  I am not sure I will want to press the blocks I have stitched on but know they will be wrinkled.

When you have as much stash as you do, project boxes could get pricey. I have made that investment. Always picking them up on sale, or adding them one at a time when I'd make the trip. I always keep my cq projects in them, and for UFO quilts. I keep everything in larger storage boxes including the thread and pattern if I haven't finished it. Nothing more frustrating than going back and having to remember where the pattern came from and find it when you're ready to pick it up again. I like being able to lay the blocks out flat so I don't have to press them again.

So sorry to read you have been so sick.

Your pic's in media are beautiful. Such a sweet gift. Stedman is a beautiful cat. Thanks for sharing the pic's.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:35 PM

Darlene :

By George, I think I have done it.  Oh course, I did have to ask for help but I managed to humble myself and be sufficiently patient while I was guided thru the proper steps to retrieve the new photos I took.

This is the first tree I did yesterday.  I am thinking this will be my "fall" tree.  I want to put the leaves on the ground in reds, oranges and yellows to represent after the leaves have dropped but I am unsure what stitch to do to look like leaves.

This is my "winter" tree.  I am using greys and lighter colors to represent snow and ice on the tree.  I do not think this tree will have any leaves.

WooHoo.  so excited that these posted.  Now to click Post

Look at you go!!! These are great. So happy your are getting back into doing some cq....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 286
Points 26,315

Stephanie:
I always keep my cq projects in them, and for UFO quilts. I keep everything in larger storage boxes

Stephanie, I have been inclined to keep my UFOs in the plastic storage bags that you get sheets, drapes, etc in.  I'm sure that I will find the remainder of my green project in one with the floss and needles and my other CQ stitch guides.  I have one that is a spiral flip chart which you can stand up that is handy to have when you want a picture but need yours hands free.  The other book has a picture which inspired my forest. 

Glad you had a great time yesterday.  Sounds like a wonderful day. 

I am really enjoying the trees.  I have decided that my leaves will be lazy daisy stitches in clusters.  I think that if I can get the proper mix of colors laid out I can accomplish the look I am envisioning.  Part of me says to do this on a practice piece but I am too anxious to see it with the tree. 

My winter tree is finished.  Tim thinks I should try to make icicles coming from the branches but I can't envision how to make that happen.  Living In WNY all my life, you would think I could envision icicles.  I thought about a bed of snow around the base of the tree.  I am thinking white French knots could look right. 

Stephanie:
Stedman is a beautiful cat.

He is beautiful.  He is what is called a tuxedo cat.  All black with a patch of white under his chin.  He truly lives up to the personality tuxedo cats have.  He is so full of himself.  He has been curled up with me again most of the day.  I've been stitching in bed and he is at the foot.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 5:50 PM

Robin, 

I hope you found your fabric on your trip yesterday. So nice that you got to see Keeley and have supper with her. That's wonderful that she is enjoying her class so much. 

Hope you enjoy your break to the fullest. Your work on Linny's block is gorgeous, and so beautifully done. Can't wait to see it in person as well.

Page 98 of 194 (2902 items) «Prev96979899100Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use