My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,742 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:24 PM

Diane, I hope Nelly lays those eggs soon.  Sounds like she's REALLY ready to.  Sounds like Guido is anxious for it to happen, too.  That's neat how he stays where you tell him to.  Amazing, really.  Hope the selling part works out for you.  You really have a lot going on with your babies today, don't you?  I think it's cute how they want to be around you.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:27 PM

Robin!  I just love what you did to my Etui!  I wrote comments in Media, but wanted to say it here, too.  Thank you for putting your lovely hand into it with such care and beauty.  My jaw dropped when I saw it, really.  Thank you!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:36 PM

Robin:

Linny,

I just finished your block and posted it in Media.   It was a lot of fun I hope you like it.  

A little background.    You will find a cherub, a spider, your butterfly, a bee, two lady bugs and a very hungry caterpillar.   You also have some of my favorite memories, a cherry tree branch from the tree we planted when Laurie was born, irises my favorite spring flower,  roses by mom's passion, violets by grandma's favorite and budding fern because it reminds me of the fact that we can all sprout in new directions.  

Hope you enjoy.  

Robin

Oh, I wish I'd have read this before I looked.  Oh, my!  Made me tear up.  I'm going to look again...and again, and again.  You put so much of yourself into it.  I just love it!  I found the caterpillar...so sweet... and the 2nd lady bug.  I love that you put Irises because they are your favorite,  violets from your Grandma's favorite and the cherry tree you planted for Laurie and the roses for your mom's passion.  I have 4 generations of your memories on one block!  Oh, my goodness.  Now I can hardly wait to see it in person!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 1:48 PM

Robin:
I then went on a mad hunt for a piece of fabric that I could find where I had previously bought it.  I know you all are thinking why doesn't she buy enough when she starts the quilt.  Well in my defense this quilt was started quiet some time ago. 

Robin, I made a GFG for my daughter.  It was all from fabric I collected over the years and kept from her childhood clothing.  She picked out the fabrics for the flowers and then I had to find the surrounding fabrics.  It took 3 years to make it and it kept growing as she kept changing her mind about the size she wanted.  When it reached queen size, I realized I didn't have enough of that fabric to make it happen.  I searched and searched, but couldn't find more.  Finally I had to find something else that looked good.  That was hard.  I'm glad you found what you needed and that you had a nice dinner with Keeley as a bonus.  Donn and Keeley sound like they have a close relationship.  A loving daddy and his sweet baby girl...so precious.  A husband who decides to take you to a fabric store to find the fabric you need on purpose is precious, too :)

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 2:09 PM

Darlene, so sorry to read that you've been down with the flu.  Glad you finally got to sleep in your bed.  I didn't get a flu shot this year and I was sicker than I've been in many years.  Some people at work had the shot and they got sick with it anyways.  The flu shots are like insurance.  They only cover certain things.  The only thing good about the flu is that sewing is at the top of the list of possible activities that are good for promoting your recovery, lol.  I hope spring comes real soon for you so you can sit on your porch and stitch.  That sounds divine.  The image of Stedman at your feet while you stitch in contentment on your CQ is really a lovely one, too.  I hope you found your CQ.

I would love to see pics of your CQ.  It sounds wonderful and I'd love to see your trees when you get them done.  Trees are a perfect motif for your color pallet.  Sharon posts a picture of one of her 6" blocks each week on her Pintangle blog and offers a free pattern for the block layout.  She also blogs about seam details once a week.  I love her blogs.  When I'm stumped for ideas, I always go there first.  It's always an inspiration.  I suppose with a 6" block, if you were disciplined and didn't have to work at anything else, it'd be possible to crank one out each week.  CQ is all she does, quilt-wise, as far as I know.  Some day I hope to have that kind of time to really focus on a project over time.  She has a sampler band that is over 10 feet long!  Can you believe it?  It's been made over many years and she has her Take a Stitch Tuesday that you can participate in that adds to it.  I tried joining is on that, but life kept getting in the way and I'd miss weeks at a time, so now I just look each week.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 2:12 PM

Darlene :
Just need to remember  where I stashed my project.  I am sure it is safely tucked away in the dungeon but just not sure where to begin to excavation.  Any one else have that problem??
  ALL the time, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 2:13 PM

Lillie:

It's snowing here today. Supposed to get 2-4 inches before 5pm. I hope it holds off until 10am. I really want to go to the gym this morning. lol

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Lillie, I hope you got to the gym before the snow started.  How was your trip yesterday?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Robin:
a big pot of my chicken noodle soup

Robin, a big pot of your soup sounds good.  I have actually been drinking a lot of chicken broth.  Nothing fancy-just dumped out of a can and heated.  This is helping.  I haven't had much desire for "real" food.  Dr. said to keep it light.  I am sure the appetite will come back.

Robin:
I'm glad that the sight of my work brought you some joy and inspiration.

I got down to the dungeon and found half of the blocks I had been working on for this quilt.  They were the ones I needed to "finish".  Corner to cover, trimming, etc.  I got those done and pressed.

I have never had much desire to invest in "project boxes" but after this I may change that opinion.  I have had people ask whether I use scrapbooking boxes to keep my blocks when I am working on a project.  Like I said, never saw the value in that investment.  I had to press all the blocks that I found because they were in a bag and folded, etc.  Quite a mess.  Fortunately, these were the blocks which needed a little attention and no embellishing had happened yet.  I am now concerned what the blocks I was working on will look like once I find them.  I am not sure I will want to press the blocks I have stitched on but know they will be wrinkled.

Any suggestions??

I went back to media again when I came up from the dungeon and went back to a couple years ago.  How much fun that was to see what we had have done since this group was formed.

I found two of my three stitch guides and some of my floss and a hoop.  None of what I have accumulated is exactly what I want but I am going to try to do something productive.  Maybe while I stitch I will remember where the rest of this project is.  I have a floss box with most of my "nice" greens in with the blocks I was working on.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Linny t:

Darlene :
Just need to remember  where I stashed my project.  I am sure it is safely tucked away in the dungeon but just not sure where to begin to excavation.  Any one else have that problem??
  ALL the time, lol.

Tim tells me that if I didn't have so many UFOs, my life would be easier.  He just doesn't get it but I still love him.

Going to log off here or I will never get started stitching.

Have a Simple Supreme Saturday.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 3:27 PM

Darlene :
I have never had much desire to invest in "project boxes" but after this I may change that opinion.  I have had people ask whether I use scrapbooking boxes to keep my blocks when I am working on a project.  Like I said, never saw the value in that investment.  I had to press all the blocks that I found because they were in a bag and folded, etc.  Quite a mess.  Fortunately, these were the blocks which needed a little attention and no embellishing had happened yet.  I am now concerned what the blocks I was working on will look like once I find them.  I am not sure I will want to press the blocks I have stitched on but know they will be wrinkled.

Any suggestions??

Darlene, I use the scrap book project boxes.  They're plastic and the lids are hinged.  They're about 6" tall and stack beautifully.  They're perfect for 12" blocks to be stored flat and there's room for all the threads, etc.  They've been worth their weight in gold since Audra moved back in.  Otherwise my UFO's would be wrinkled messes.  I have whole quilts in some of them, just begging to be finished.  I know whenever I get around to doing them again, all the pieces will be flat and everything  I need to pick up where I left off will be in there, including the pattern or book.  I buy them at Michael's whenever they go on sale or if I need one I'll use the coupon they have weekly.

As for the wrinkles, ever use the spray on wrinkle release products?  They work really well for the deep creases.  I use the one made by Downy, but to be honest I've never tried any others because I know it works.  You just spray it on lightly and then spread the piece flat with your hands or even just shaking it out works for light wrinkles.  It's nice to have on hand for things that get crunched on the hangar in the closet, too. It saves me from having to take the time to press my blouses for work.  Smells good, too.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Linny t:
I use the scrap book project boxes

Darlene, don't forget pizza boxes......all I have to do is ask at the pizza place for an empty box and they give it to me. Sometimes you can even use one that a pizza came in; if it is pretty clean, just air it out and put a cloth or several paper towels in it and then put your quilt pieces in it.   Hope you get better soon.  Hugs, Jo 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285
Darlene replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:06 PM

Jo, that is a good idea to use pizza boxes.

Size would be good and I could write on box or tape a card to box to identify what is inside.

I stitched most of the afternoon and got some progress made.  I have decided that I want 4 trees on the finished quilt.  Kind of stealing from Linny;s Etui.  I think all 4 seasons represented would be good.  The one I have already done [which is MIA at the moment] is a good representation of summer.  The tree is in full bloom.  I have a good tree with no leaves on that I think would be a good "fall" tree if I can figure out how to make the leaves on the ground.  I also started a winter tree and it is coming along well.  This tree has some grey and lighter colors mixed in to look like there was ice on the trees.

I took a picture of the fall tree at this point and will try to post tomorrow. I just need to get my camera to sync with the site and that has been a challenge for me before the site started with all its issues.

Hope everyone had a great day and that Sunday is even better.

Night all.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:23 PM

Robin:

Linny,

I just finished your block and posted it in Media. 

Robin--would you mind posting it here too?  I still can't get to anywhere but this page.  Thanks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:30 PM

Robin---I was able to see the work you did on Linny's block.  Just so detailed and gorgeous!   I was able to finally get in to see it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,101
Points 66,950
Robin replied on Sun, Mar 23 2014 7:29 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your Sunday is off to a great start.   I finally got some sound sleep from about 3:30 to 7:30 made for a long night.   But fortunately got as long as it could be.  Seems like I've got my days and nights all out of sorts.

Linny,   I glad you like your block.  I had so much fun and ideas just kept coming to me.    It was a great way to get my head thinking about what I could do on a piece I'm working on but has stalled.    I'll put all of my notes in your journal.  

Lillie,  I should be able to ship Linny's block to you this week.  I'll post when I do.   Hope you got to go to the gym.   My yard is giving me a work out.

Darlene,   I do use boxes but not the scrapbook boxes.  I just buy the ones I can find at Fred's or Walmart or where ever I am when I need one.  If I didn't have boxes my mess would be a mess.

Diane,   I'm glad you got to the media section to see my work and that you liked it.   I hope Nellie's egg laying is coming along well.

Have a great day today.

Robin

Page 97 of 250 (3743 items) «Prev9596979899Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use