rated by 0 users
This post has 3,822 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:40 PM

Norma Doll:
I have wanted Christmas plates, but just hated to spend the money on something you only use once. Since they had snowmen on them, I figured I could use them all winter....next winter. They had some w/Santa on them......I was just sitting here thinking, "I should have got them also", they were the same price.  We have to go back to town next Wed., maybe they will still have them.   Well, I have to check my other emails.   Hugs, Jo

Jo, you should get the Santa's too, so you can change out on Christmas.  You can't beat the price.  I love Goodwill shopping.  You always feel like you walk away with a bargain and you get to hunt for it, too.  That's the best part...the hunting...

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 11:15 PM

Just a short post because it's late.

Glad to hear from everyone!  It was getting lonely here. lol

Steph---wedding dress shopping and engagement party---so exciting.  Have you ever seen the show on TLC called "Say yes to the dress".  It's very interesting.  Wish I was there!  Fun, fun, fun!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 6:36 AM

I have some snowman mugs that I usually take out the beginning of Dec. Last year I completely forgot about them until boxing day.  They are above the fridge so I never see them. Maybe I should move them to an area where I will notice them and not have to rely on my failing memory.  lol

I'm off to Denver with a friend today. We ordered some Madeira embroidery thread and are driving down to pick it up. Having lunch with her daughter. Then going to some quilt shops on the way home. Should be a fun day.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:01 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm here!

Several notes about the quilt I posted.  The quilt was made out of 6" squares and was covered in decorative stitching.  It did not have a ribbon at the time I saw it but it was the only true Crazy quilt I saw all day.   It was absolutely amazing and I was able to stand there and study it for quite a while.  I just wish I had taken more pictures.

Hooray!  Today is my unofficial start to Spring Break, because I took the day off.    We have a talent show at school today and I just didn't want to sit through the kids hollering and screaming at people on the stage.   So, I bailed.

I'm planning mainly to work on flower beds (which are terrible )and quilts for the next few days. 

Happy Friday everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 11:58 AM

Lillie:

I'm off to Denver with a friend today. We ordered some Madeira embroidery thread and are driving down to pick it up. Having lunch with her daughter. Then going to some quilt shops on the way home. Should be a fun day.

That sounds like great fun, Lillie.  You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 12:02 PM

Robin:
Several notes about the quilt I posted.  The quilt was made out of 6" squares and was covered in decorative stitching.  It did not have a ribbon at the time I saw it but it was the only true Crazy quilt I saw all day.   It was absolutely amazing and I was able to stand there and study it for quite a while.  I just wish I had taken more pictures.
 That reminds me of the way Sharon Boggon does hers.  All 6" finished squares.  Seems like true Crazy Quilting is becoming a lost art, doesn't it?  The last show I went to only had one that was done traditionally.  There were others by machine.  I guess folks don't have time these days.

Robin:

Hooray!  Today is my unofficial start to Spring Break, because I took the day off.    We have a talent show at school today and I just didn't want to sit through the kids hollering and screaming at people on the stage.   So, I bailed.

I'm planning mainly to work on flower beds (which are terrible )and quilts for the next few days. 

That sounds like a wise choice.  Yahoo!  A whole week and a day to garden and quilt.  I'm so happy for you as I know you really need this break to catch up with yourself. I hope you enjoy every minute of it!  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 21 2014 9:16 PM

Hi All

I have been working with my babies today.  Travis got out during the night.  He was able to reach the top from a hammock in there.  This afternoon he came out from under my bed and I grabbed him.  I put a book when he can crawl out.

Nelly was more excited today and the eggs are getting bigger so I put her in the tank.  She wasn't happy but finally got in her "birthing box" and started scratching.  She is getting close so I set up the incubator and the cups they will go in.

I reminded Guido several times not to run away and to stay with Nelly where she could see him.  He did!  He sat on the end of my bed for quite a while watching her.  Finally he left and went to sleep.

I called a number where they sell bearded dragons.  I will have to go through the process to see how much the costs are and what I will make.  You get special styrofoam containers for this purpose then you mail them.  The box will be marked "live animals".  They will be there in 2 days.

I plan to spend the weekend working on Steph's block.  It won't be long to mail it.  I have a plan--I just have to do it.  

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 5:33 AM

Good Morning My Quilting Friends,

It was so good to get out in the sun yesterday.   I worked in the yard for about an hour.  I decided I best pace myself or I would be sore all over this morning.   I then went on a mad hunt for a piece of fabric that I could find where I had previously bought it.  I know you all are thinking why doesn't she buy enough when she starts the quilt.  Well in my defense this quilt was started quiet some time ago.  It's Laurie's grandma's flower.  The fabric has been at Walmart forever, but not yesterday.   I'm hoping to get the border on this week.  So it was off to Tallahassee to Joann's.   Donn's idea not mine.  But we got to have supper with Keeley by going over.  She wasn't coming home this weekend.   Daddy always likes to see his baby girl.    She is so excited right now about what she is learning in school and they have the longest  talks about it.  So it was all for the good.

I'll get out today and do some more yard work.  I also hope to finish Linny's block this weekend.   

Diane,   Good luck with your Dragon business.   Can't wait to see Stephanie's block.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:20 AM

Robin:

I then went on a mad hunt for a piece of fabric that I could find where I had previously bought it.  I know you all are thinking why doesn't she buy enough when she starts the quilt.  Well in my defense this quilt was started quiet some time ago.  

I think we all do that Robin. Over the last few years I've started buying more fabric than the pattern says I need. If it say 3-1/2, I buy 4.  lol

It's snowing here today. Supposed to get 2-4 inches before 5pm. I hope it holds off until 10am. I really want to go to the gym this morning. lol

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 9:03 AM

Linny,

I just finished your block and posted it in Media.   It was a lot of fun I hope you like it.  

A little background.    You will find a cherub, a spider, your butterfly, a bee, two lady bugs and a very hungry caterpillar.   You also have some of my favorite memories, a cherry tree branch from the tree we planted when Laurie was born, irises my favorite spring flower,  roses by mom's passion, violets by grandma's favorite and budding fern because it reminds me of the fact that we can all sprout in new directions.  

Hope you enjoy.  

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:28 AM

Lillie:
It's snowing here today

Lillie, are tired of it yet?  We are getting rain today with a chance of flurries tomorrow. 

I am sure done with the snow.  This winter has been especially tough for me and I am not sure why.  I know we have been fortunate to have had very mild winters for many consecutive years and that this is what it means to live in WNY but I just want to sit on my porch and stitch.  It seems like that will never happen.

I think part of my frustration is that I have had the flu.  I thought it was just allergies when it started but after a couple days with antihistamines, I knew it was more than allergies.  So I went to bed and  started with the standard OTC cold remedies.  That didn't work so I broke down and called my doctor.  I saw her Thursday and she said it was the flu.  Tim is so very pleased to tell me that if I had my flu shot, I wouldn't have had to suffer like this.  The doctor told me she had a shot and still was down for two weeks with it.  Bottom line is that we each will fight this according to our own bodies and time lines.  She told me to expect another week.  I have been using her recommended regimen of meds, pushing fluids, staying in the recliner with lots of covers and today I almost feel human.  I got to sleep in bed last night for the first time this week.  Every time I tried to be flat, I coughed so hard that Tim wasn't getting any sleep.  My back feels SOOOO much better this morning.

Stay well Lillie.  This weather up and down can catch all of us off guard and then we get sick.  No fun.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:33 AM

Robin:
we can all sprout in new directions. 

Robin, your work on Linny's block was so inspiring, it made me want to go to the dungeon and dig out my CQ that I have been working on embellishing for over two years now. 

I have been sick and last night I told Tim that I am tired of being sick.  He was encouraged by this.  He told me the fact that I am getting antsy is a good sign but didn't think I should push myself yet today.  I think some embroidery would be just what the soul needs to feel better.

I hope you enjoy your Spring break.  Sounds like your weather is good and you will be able to get some work done outside which is always good for the soul.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:39 AM

Diane:
sell bearded dragons.

Diane, this may be the solution for Nelly's eggs.  Hope that your research into this option proves to be good.

Diane:
I plan to spend the weekend working on Steph's block.

Hope that you accomplish amazing things this weekend on Steph's block.  I am sure your plans are going to be spectacular.

Robin's work on Linny's block has inspired me to possibly work on some embellishing of my own this afternoon.  It is rainy and dreary and I am still slightly under the weather so that sounds like the perfect way to spend the day.  Just need to remember  where I stashed my project.  I am sure it is safely tucked away in the dungeon but just not sure where to begin to excavation.  Any one else have that problem??

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:53 AM

Darlene,

So sorry to hear that it's the flu.   Bless your heart the flu and more snow.   I wish I was closer I would bring you a big pot of my chicken noodle soup.   I'm glad that the sight of my work brought you some joy and inspiration.  Take care of yourself and take it easy.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:55 AM

Linny t:
That reminds me of the way Sharon Boggon does hers.  All 6" finished squares

Wow Linny.  A full size quilt made of 6" squares seems overwhelming to me.  I am working on a CQ which is all shades of greens.  I plan for it to be queen size when done.  I think I have all the blocks pieced and I started embellishing it a couple years ago. 

My blocks will be 12" finished and I started embellishing with mostly greens to keep the color theme true but I have added some earth tones and some yellows. My original plan was to embellish the blocks, join them into quadrants and do some more embellishing to cross between the blocks and make it seem like a whole cloth project.  I have never done anything to this extent and not sure how much longer it will take to complete.  Definitely a labor of love.  Tim's favorite color is green and I'm hoping this will be on our bed when it is done.  Some of the work I have done on it was while he was in the hospital after his biopsy and during visits for tests and procedures.

When my phone got wet in December, I lost the pictures I had of the tree I did free hand Nov 2012.  It was my first attempt at a tree and there were lots of things I think could have been better but it was my first tree.  I am hoping to have more that one tree when it is done.

The more I type about this, the more inspired I am to go find it and work on it.  I could have a very nice nest of creativity here in my bed.  The cat is curled up at my feet and wheezing quite peacefully so I don't think he would have much interest.  So glad that he isn't like Gracie in that way.  She always wanted to be in my lap when I was working with floss or yarn.  Stedman is content to be near.  When I tell him to go lay down, he usually goes to my feet and curls up.

Well, I'm bundling up and off to the dungeon.  Wish me luck finding this project.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 96 of 255 (3823 items) «Prev9495969798Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use