My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,834 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Robin:
Here's the pictures from the quilt show of the only crazy quilt.

The CQ pictures are beautiful; I can imagine how long it must have taken to do the whole quilt.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 9:05 AM

Robin:
I have torn my gum below one of my front teeth.  It's been like this since December but I just hadn't had the time to fool with it.  The Dentist told me yesterday I'm going to have to have a gum graft to cover the root of my tooth or lose my tooth.   I'm on this hi power mouth wash to improve my overall gum health and am suppose to call the doctor today.

Robin,

I feel for you on this. I hope it won't be too painful for you and that it heals well.

Thanks for posting the pic' s of the CQ quilt.There is so much detail in it. And lots of different fabrics. You can get a lot of inspiration from it for sure.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 11:56 AM

Robin:

Here's the pictures from the quilt show of the only crazy quilt.   It was so interesting to look at it up so close.  

Robin, thanks for posting these.  I just wish I could get in really close and study those stitches.  What lovely work.  Did she win a ribbon?

Tough stuff with your gums.  That sounds really painful.  Hope it's surprisingly not, though.

No storm damage that I saw this morning.  I have to pick up a lot of debris from the trees, though.  We got over 5" of rain and the wind kept waking me up all night.  That was some storm, wasn't it?  Now it's cool and clear and breezy.  Wish I was home to let the windows open.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Mar 18 2014 4:41 PM

Lovely quilting Robin.  Did this one win a prize.  I love the colors used---it looks so rich.   

Sorry to hear about your dental problems.  I hope it all goes well.  My gums are great---it's my teeth that are the problem.  I seem to be losing them one by one.  It's scary.

Linny---hope the rain and tornado doesn't affect you too much.

I have been trying to get things done.  It's so hard to pull myself away from the computer.  I am finding that the radiation doesn't bother me so much if I shut down the computer when I'm not using it.  Just another adjustment.

Nelly is still with eggs.  I know she will be happy when they are out of her.  She is not comfortable.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 11:44 AM

Diane:
Linny---hope the rain and tornado doesn't affect you too much.
 Diane, it was just high winds and rain.  We were under a watch but I never heard a report of a touchdown by a tornado.

Poor Nelly.  Anyone who's had a baby they carried for 9 months can sympathize with her.  Hope she finds her spot and lays her eggs finally.  Then your fun begins again, eh?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:11 PM

Linny t:
hen your fun begins again, eh?

She may have them where I can't see her.  I did put her in her tank but she wasn't ready to drop her eggs so she wasn't having it so I had to let her out.   It's so funny.  These 2 lizards stay around me all the time.  They could be in the living room or kitchen but they are busy running around in my bedroom around me.  They are so cute.  Like the cat does.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 19 2014 8:02 PM

I bet they are so cute.  They like to be near mommy, don't they.  My pets are like that.  Where would we be without our critters?  How's Travis these days?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 11:36 AM

Just popped in to wish you all a Happy Thursday and First Day of Spring!  Hope it's lovely today wherever you live.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:02 PM

I think something is wrong--maybe people are having problems getting on the site.  So strange that it's so quiet.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 3:22 PM

I thought the same thing, Diane.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 3:23 PM

I thought the same thing, Diane.  Did you see the notice where the site will be down for maintenance tomorrow?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 4:18 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up.

Diane,

Loved reading the dragon posts. Exciting that Nellie is ready to lay more eggs. And too sweet that they want to be where you are. Whoever would say lizards aren't capable of affection have never seen yours.

Linny,
Happy Thursday to you. Thanks for the info on maintenance tomorrow. 

All,

It's been a crazy busy week for me. I've gone from company, to catching up on Lillie's block and into preparing for my son and his fiance's engagement party. Saturday is going to be over the top. I've been invited to go with the girls to shop for a wedding dress. There are appointments from 9am all the way up to the time the party starts at 6pm. I've volunteered to bring a couple dishes, and Paul decided a week ago that he wanted his front door to look like wood instead of regular paint. So it'll be a fun, crazy, hectic weekend for me. Can't spend much time here, just wanted to pop in and say hello.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Stephanie:
. So it'll be a fun, crazy, hectic weekend for me

I hope everything goes well for your weekend, Stephanie!!

It is amazing to me that your lizards seem to know they want to be where your are, Diane.  I have never been around any, so I didn't know they even do anything but eat and sleep.   How did you get started with them?

This is the first time I have been on the computer today.......we had to go Parkersburg to get George's eye exam and new glasses. He got the regular pair today, but the ones he will wear for golf, mowing the yard and driving etc.; they had to order the lense blanks so it will be a few days till they are ready.  We hadn't been "to town" for about a month so we had a lot of stuff to get.  I had him take me to the Goodwill store to look around and I found some winter/Christmas plates for .49 each there were 8 of them, and I got 7 misc. juice glasses. I have wanted Christmas plates, but just hated to spend the money on something you only use once. Since they had snowmen on them, I figured I could use them all winter....next winter. They had some w/Santa on them......I was just sitting here thinking, "I should have got them also", they were the same price.  We have to go back to town next Wed., maybe they will still have them.   Well, I have to check my other emails.   Hugs, Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:32 PM

I tried to post twice at lunch time and both times it gave me an error.  I see both of them posted.  Hopefully the maintenance will take all that away.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,339
Points 113,570
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:37 PM

Stephanie:

All,

It's been a crazy busy week for me. I've gone from company, to catching up on Lillie's block and into preparing for my son and his fiance's engagement party. Saturday is going to be over the top. I've been invited to go with the girls to shop for a wedding dress. There are appointments from 9am all the way up to the time the party starts at 6pm. I've volunteered to bring a couple dishes, and Paul decided a week ago that he wanted his front door to look like wood instead of regular paint. So it'll be a fun, crazy, hectic weekend for me. Can't spend much time here, just wanted to pop in and say hello.  

Made me dizzy just reading it.  It'll be filled with laughter and hugs and happy tears, though.  These are the best days for all of you.  I'm so happy for you...have lots of fun!

Linny T

Page 95 of 256 (3835 items) «Prev9394959697Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use