rated by 0 users
This post has 3,837 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 15 2014 6:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's Saturday!   And the end of a nine weeks, so all of my grading is caught up and lesson plans are done.   I should be staying home and working in the yard today but instead Donn is taking me to an outdoor quilt show in Trenton, Florida.  So it's up early so we can be there early.    I'm a little excited!

I'm having a lot of fun working on Linny's block.    Hope you like it !

Well my computer is swearing it's going to shut down for an update any minutes so I'd better get off.

Have a great Saturday.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Robin:
all of my grading is caught up and lesson plans are done.  

WooHoo!!  Way to go Robin.  So glad you got your grading done.  That can be so stressful.  Hopefully, next quarter will be better and you will stay on track.

Robin:
Donn is taking me to an outdoor quilt show in Trenton, Florida

Sounds like fun.  Enjoy.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Diane:
The dragons are pregnant again

Diane, I know that you posted in a later post that the eggs may be unfertilized.  I hope that this works out which ever way it is.  There was a lot of investment for you with the incubator and all.  Since you already have the equipment, would you consider trying to hatch if they are fertilized?  I remember the stress involved with the last eggs.

Wouldn't blame you if you said no. 

Hope you are able to continue to get out and get some fresh air.  How has your weather been?

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Norma Doll:
poor George had a fall yesterday

Jo,  so sorry to hear about George's fall and also glad to hear he is mending. 

The "rail to trail" sounds so neat.    I hope that he heals and is able to return to the trail soon.  Even better, would be if it is in sunshine and all this nasty winter weather is behind us.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Diane:

I found a shop nearby that wants to sell my chandelier earrings on consignment!!!  Now I have to get working!!  I hope I can tear myself away from this computer for an hour a day.

Diane, way to go.  A shop willing to take your earrings on consignment is wonderful.  I think you have a good plan. An hour a day will help you accomplish so much.  It is amazing what you can do in an hour.  Do you have a place where you can keep your supplies out so that you can just jump in where you left off?  That would be helpful.

Good luck with the sales.  I hope that your creations are well received. 

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Lillie:
my sista, who lives 1 hour north of Detroit, and she said they were expecting 6-8 inches of snow last night.

Lillie, I can appreciate your sista not being thrilled with the snow this week.  I hope she ended up on the short end of the estimate.

We were predicted to have 8-12 inches and I think we were lucky to not get that much.  I didn't hear the exact.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

I have had success getting on the site today and have posted all I wanted to.  Just short little responses to different posts and that seems to be what the site wants.  I wonder if the new managers have put a limit to how many characters can be in a post.  It seems like that is when I run into problems - when I get wordy.

We got blasted with the winter weather again on Wednesday.  There was a travel advisory and so we all decided to stay home and be safe.  I was actually nice to not have to go anywhere for the day. 

Thursday was dig out time.  Fortunately, my neighbor came over with the snow blower and helped me get out of the driveway.  It was knee deep.  Of course, Time says this is no big deal because me knees are so close to the ground.  It was wet heavy snow and tough shoveling.

I have been down with a cold/flu like symptoms.  Tim is trying to help but is truly lost when it comes to being a caregiver.  Kyle has been good about keeping the fluids going for me which I appreciate.

Hoping that this passes and I can get back to being creative tomorrow after church.  I got a call from another shop who wants to put some of my things on consignment.  They open for the season on April 2 so I need to get busy.  .

I also found another festival to do this summer.  It is a "chalk festival" where artists are assigned a square to create in and there are prizes awarded.  There is also a bike race, a taste of summer, and lots of family oriented activities.  Fees are reasonable and this sounds like fun. 

Hoping that you all have a satisfying Saturday.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 15 2014 3:30 PM

Hi Everyone

Robin---sounds like you will have a great day looking at all the art.  So nice that Donn is interested also.  Happy to hear all your paperwork is caught up.  That's a relief!

Darlene---glad to hear from you.  Sorry you are sick with the flu.  Hope you feel better soon.

About the dragons---I have to check to see if I could sell them.  They go for about $60 in the pet store.  As you know it's not always easy to find a place to sell.

Last summer I was new to all this breeding and hatching.  I've got the incubator and the experience so I think it would be fairly easy now.

Tonight I am going to church for a conference.  I am looking forward to it.  Now that winter may be over (although they are calling for a couple of inches on Sunday)  I should be able to get out more.

I just need to get off this computer more.  The facebook games eat up so much of my time and are so addictive!  I'll try to do better. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 15 2014 6:41 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope this posts. I've had trouble accessing the site today, but looks ok now.

Had a great time with our sibling reunion. Hadn't seen my sis in a couple years and it was so wonderful to be able to visit with her. We had beach visits, ball games, etc, and ate way too much food. I gained 6 lbs.

Jo and Diane,   

Thanks for the input on the statins. I started having issues. Achy, cranky and muscle cramping. I was going to quit taking them, but decided to cut them in half and try that first.  So far it's tolerable, but still my leg muscles feel a bit like rubber bands that have been stretched too tight. 

Robin, 

What a total bummer for you with the remodeling project. You fought so hard to have that room, and put so much time into it. It wasn't that long ago it seems that you had to work around windows being replaced. Poor dear. It's good that Donn has taken you out to a quilt show today. That'll be a great stress reliever. I hope you had a great time.

Jo,

Good to hear George bounced back so well after his fall. How are you doing?

Diane,

That's great news about the consignment of your jewelry. And Nellie's pregnant. I hope you can manage an avenue to sell them and get a little side business going. Hope you have a good time at the church meeting. It's so great to have you feeling better and able to get out more.

Darlene,

So sorry to hear you have a cold/flu. Hope it passes quickly for you. Congrat's on having another shop put some things on consignment. The festival sounds like a blast. Hope you win some prizes...

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Stephanie, glad you got back from your sibling reunion.  Sounds like it was a great time.

I don't plan to enter in the chalk portion of the festival.  Not that kind of artist.  LOL.  But I hope it will be a good draw and that there will be lots of sales.

I'm feeling slightly better this evening.  I think my fever has broken.  Tim went out this morning to get me some meds and Kyle made me some dinner and the cat has been curled up on the bed with me for two days straight.  All my men are all taking good care of me.  I am sure they want me back on my feet ASAP.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 15 2014 7:30 PM

Darlene :
I don't plan to enter in the chalk portion of the festival.  Not that kind of artist.  LOL.  But I hope it will be a good draw and that there will be lots of sales.

Oh, sorry. I wasn't sure about that part. It'll be fun to see what some of them do if you get a chance to wander away for a minute. Is Kyle helping you from time to time?

Good to hear you're feeling better. Sweet of the guys to take good care of you. You deserve some pampering.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 6:51 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are all up and about things that make you happy this morning.

Donn and I had a good day yesterday.  We went to the show which was very crowded when we left.  But I got to see some really beautiful quilts.  One was a crazy quilt made out of 6" squares.  It was so need to look at all of the little details up close.  I was even able to take a few pictures to study.  I'll post them for all of you to see.   I told Donn I can see that I still have a long way to go.  The makers stitches were so small.  The quilt shop was so crowded that we left.   But Donn stopped in Lake City at the Fiber Art Quilt shop let me shop some.   I bought some fabric for a jacket they had made up and some dyes for laces and such.   Donn is such an encourager.  Don't buy the little one buy the trial set

Bless my girls heart they did all the house work for the week.   So I had nothing left to do when I got home but work on Linny's block.

Thank you all for your support about my situation at school.   If it was as simple as they were changing by room I would probably be bouncing better, but unfortunately my principal has been shown not be the amazing supporter of me and my program as I thought he was and this has been heavy on my heart.  But I'm doing much better about the whole situation.

Stephanie-- Sounds like you had some much needed and deserved rest.  I can't imagine going off to spend time with both of my brothers for more than a  day or two.  Me and the middle brother do well together the oldest and I seem to have very different ideas.   But I love him anyway and am extermely proud of what he has accomplished in his life.

Darlene--- Hope you are truly on the recovery road and don't have a set back.  You have done so much for so long I am sure your tired.   Take this time to rest and recuperate.    I think it is sweet that the guys all want to do their part to make you feel better.

Diane ---  I missed the part about your earring being on consignment.    Wahoo!

Have a precious Sunday my friends.  

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Stephanie:
Good to hear George bounced back so well after his fall. How are you doing?

I am feeling better; I am going to church today. I missed the last two Sundays. I have never felt like I have had a sinus problem, till this time.....I had a headache above my eyes and my whole head just felt plugged up. I never had a cough, sneeze or runny nose; I just couldn't breathe through my nose and a dry/scratchy throat. I have had a really sharp/burning/stabbing pain under my left breast for a month or so.....I figure it is something to do with my surgery. I was lying on the bed yesterday afternoon and timed the pain; it came every minute when I was laying perfectly still.  I am going to call the Cardiologist's nurse and talk to her tomorrow. It is getting on my nerves; if it was a constant pain, I would go crazy.

I am so glad George didn't get hurt anymore than he did. His eye is now purple.

I hope you are feeling better, Darlene. It is so nice that your cat likes to lay with you.  Hugs, Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 7:39 AM

Robin:
One was a crazy quilt made out of 6" squares.  It was so need to look at all of the little details up close.  I was even able to take a few pictures to study.  I'll post them for all of you to see. 

Look forward to seeing the pic's. It sounds inspiring.

Robin:
But Donn stopped in Lake City at the Fiber Art Quilt shop let me shop some.   I bought some fabric for a jacket they had made up and some dyes for laces and such.   Donn is such an encourager.  Don't buy the little one buy the trial set

I loved reading this. He knows when you need some special attention. It's so great to read that he will share the experience of the show, and encourage you to buy the dyes and have fun with something new. 

Robin:
If it was as simple as they were changing by room I would probably be bouncing better, but unfortunately my principal has been shown not be the amazing supporter of me and my program as I thought he was and this has been heavy on my heart.  But I'm doing much better about the whole situation.

I understand about the changing of rooms vs. the unknown new space. It's hard to plan for something you haven't seen. I'm hoping that your principal is just overwhelmed right now. He probably has people coming from all directions and lots of decisions to make. I'd almost rather him be aloof, than promise me something and not follow through. Try not to take it to heart. It's still early in the game...

Robin:
I can't imagine going off to spend time with both of my brothers for more than a  day or two.

Have to admit that as easy going as I am, I felt a bit "micro managed" by the end. LOL. Three alpha males (including DH) planning the days, left my sis and I with very little sister time. Next year we'll pipe up and make some suggestions about what we'd like to do. My older brother, in his desire for everyone to get out and have fun, bought too many tickets for those ball games. Every day except one. He realized at the end that it was too much. We didn't want him to have spent all that money, and back out  so we sucked it up and went.  Next year will be different. It was still a great time.

Hope you have a precious Sunday too.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 7:41 AM

Hello All,

Stephanie-glad to hear that you had a wonderful time at the reunion.

Robin-I hope you took some pics from your quilt show outing. We all live vicariously through each other.

Diane-how long will it take before you know if the eggs are fertilized or not? Can you tell immediately after Nellie drops them?

Darlene-so wonderful that you were asked to put your items in the consignment shop. Hope you feel better soon.

Jo-Glad to hear that George hasn't had any nagging issues from his fall.

I've been working on a web site remodel for my quilt guild. Finally got the image slider to work . We will use it for show-n-tell  Now I can get on with updating the rest of the site. YAY!!! 

I'm almost finished with Robin's block. I'm pleased with what I have accomplished thus far. Are we supposed to take pictures of our finished work, or wait until the block in finished and the owner will publish the picture?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Page 93 of 256 (3838 items) «Prev9192939495Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use