My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 4,643 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

Diane:
It's 30 degrees today with leftover snow on the ground.  I have to go out for a few minutes and don't want to go.  I'm getting so spoiled being retired.  I have become such a hermit.  I have a new therapist---decided to change since my other one and I weren't getting anywhere.  New one wants me to get out more.  Since I'm feeling better, I think she is right.  Also the radiation thing from the computer makes me get away from staying on it so long. God has a way of re-arranging things. lol

Brrr. It would be easy to become a hermit in those temps. In reading your posts after you have gotten out for a while, I'm inclined to agree with you. You always sound so happy in writing about your ventures. I enjoy reading about them as well.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583

Linny t:
Although I told my DS that when I retire I'm not wearing anything but PJs the first entire month, lol.

You've earned that! 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane,., It is 17 degrees here this morning and was 5 yesterday morning. It was amazing yesterday, the sun felt really warm on our backs when we went out.

Linny,  I love your Easter wall hanging.  Also, speaking of ribbon, did you ladies know an easy way to iron ribbon is with a curling iron......just pull it through. Less chance of burning your fingers.

I went to the dentist yesterday and I need to have three teeth pulled, they are all molars. I will be able to have teeth added to my partials later. I have an appointment on the 26th for "consultation" then the oral surgeon will make the appointment to have them pulled.  I was not surprised; I had been having trouble with them.  

I took a couple of pictures of my sewing room, but I couldn't get them on to the computer the last time I tried.  I have been decorating towels to hang on the stove door handle, if I can get them on to the computer, I will post later.     Hugs, Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 10:16 AM

OMG! I actually got on.

I was going to send a reply to someone but have already deleted their post. I don't remember what it was about or who posted it.

Just know that I love you and it was going to be a positive post.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,240
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 12:15 PM

Norma Doll:
Linny,  I love your Easter wall hanging.  Also, speaking of ribbon, did you ladies know an easy way to iron ribbon is with a curling iron......just pull it through. Less chance of burning your fingers.

Thanks, Jo.  And, thanks for the great tip with the curling iron.  I have one that I never use on my hair.  Now it has a reason to stay in my cabinet.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,240
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 12:16 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Although I told my DS that when I retire I'm not wearing anything but PJs the first entire month, lol.

You've earned that! 

Haven't we all...Did your company make it in?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,193
Points 69,375
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 3:31 PM

Hi Everyone,

Didn't get to post this morning because I laid in the bed a little too long.

Diane,  I think it's a good thing that you are going to be getting out more.  I hope the weather warms up soon so you can do so.

Linny,  PJ's sound wonderful.

Jo,   I would love to see pictures of your towels.

Hope you all have a nice relaxing evening.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 4:01 PM

I remember! I remember! It was about those tiny paint rollers used for ribbon and floss. My question was...how do you get the ribbon to stay on and not unravel? Do you do the same thing with the floss?

I was getting something out of the trunk of my car and saw a paint roller back there. That is what sparked my memory.  lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,240
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 5:34 PM

Robin, I'm glad you made it home safe and sound.  I bet the past few days seem like you were in a whirlwind.  I'd have stayed in bed a little longer, too.  Hope you had a really happy day and a nice relaxing evening right back to you.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,801
Points 420,789
gini replied on Wed, Mar 5 2014 11:04 PM

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I made it.  I can't remember if I have given you this update or not.    MNNancy has found another site.  The quilters there are very nice and welcoming.  They are delighted to have new groups.  We don't have trouble getting on.  Th owner of the group came to the Branson retreat.  It is quilting around the world.  It is a wee bit for me to navigate, but I think it will get easier as I go along.  Not sure if QCA will make it. It isn't looking to good.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,465
Lillie replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 6:02 AM

gini:

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I made it.  I can't remember if I have given you this update or not.    MNNancy has found another site.  The quilters there are very nice and welcoming.  They are delighted to have new groups.  We don't have trouble getting on.  Th owner of the group came to the Branson retreat.  It is quilting around the world.  It is a wee bit for me to navigate, but I think it will get easier as I go along.  Not sure if QCA will make it. It isn't looking to good.

Hi Gini,

Yes, this site is becoming troublesome. Some days none of us can get on. Other days it pops right up. For me it's always a crap shoot.

Do you receive QAW notifications if someone has responded to a post? The way we received them from QCA?

Do you always have to drill down to get to your forum on QAW?

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Just FYI....I have been using Ric Rac on my towels that I have been decorating and decided to go on ebay and check for some more and I found a great buy at MYMOMMYSCRAPS.   25 yards of 7 mm for $4.25....25 yards of large for $5.25.  I ordered 7 bolts and when you request a total and go back to your shopping cart the shipping is $5.95.   I am really excited!  The email I received said $15.-- for shipping, but when I went back to the shopping cart it said $5.95 which she had quoted on each page of the ric rac. I can use it also on my baby blankets that I make.  Hugs, Jo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,801
Points 420,789
gini replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:26 AM

yes you can get notifications, and there is a teeny page to click at the top of all posts to go to the last page, just like we have to click on the last page number to go to the last page.   the ladies there are very responsive to our needs.  GG the site owner has already changed a few things as our suggestions have come in.  it is different, but I am giving it a good tryout. 

second day in a row I can access groups.  maybe things are improving here

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,801
Points 420,789
gini replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:30 AM

and I got the dreaded error message, poo

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,620
Points 118,240
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 6 2014 11:17 AM

Norma Doll:

Just FYI....I have been using Ric Rac on my towels that I have been decorating and decided to go on ebay and check for some more and I found a great buy at MYMOMMYSCRAPS.   25 yards of 7 mm for $4.25....25 yards of large for $5.25.  I ordered 7 bolts and when you request a total and go back to your shopping cart the shipping is $5.95.   I am really excited!  The email I received said $15.-- for shipping, but when I went back to the shopping cart it said $5.95 which she had quoted on each page of the ric rac. I can use it also on my baby blankets that I make.  Hugs, Jo

Thanks for the tip, Jo.  

Linny T

Page 87 of 310 (4644 items) «Prev8586878889Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.