My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,763 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 5:48 PM

Here ya' go, Diane.  This was a fun block to make.

I store my ribbon on spools.  If I don't have spools and it comes on a hank then I leave it on the hank and hang it on a quilting ruler ring that hangs on the back of my bedroom door.  I used to keep them on embroidery thread cards, but I didn't like the folds.  I still have some on cards, but when it's gone, no more.

I love your dragon stories :)

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 1:41 AM

Linny---I remember when you were making this!  You did a great job. I see how bright the thread is.  Very sweet. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 5:50 AM

Robin, what wonderful news!!  Great going by the students. I know you must be so happy for all of them.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 5:53 AM

If it comes on a card I just leave it on the card. I store all of my silk ribbon in a plastic bag, or in a plastic box.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 5:54 AM

awww Linny, that is just too cute.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
Isn't it spring break this week?

I'm not sure. Most of them don't venture down this far. We do get slammed with people from the east coast for some reason...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin, 

Big Congratulations to you and the kids!!! Way to go!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:
I've had some trouble getting on-

Me too!!!!! Haven't been able to access groups or my home page for days....

Diane:
I have ordered more CQ supplies from Ebay.  I just cant' help myself.  Even when my money becomes tight.  I have not control!!  LOL

I know, it's awful to have all that temptation. I was at a quilt show and bought 2 large ziploc bags of antique carded buttons. I was afraid if I only got one, I'd miss something. LOL

Diane:
Stephanie--what do you plan to do with the hearts we are working on?

I'm turning them into scissor keeps for my large sewing scissors and hanging them like ornaments.

Diane:
We are having a snowy day here.  My Guido was at the window where he loves to be and was trying to get out and check out the snow.  So I took him out on the balcony and he sat in the snow for a minute and licked it, checking it out.  He wanted to stay out there for a while but I brought him in.  He's under the hear lamp.  Dragons can be very curious. :o)

That's too cute! You are so sweet to let him check out the snow and have a taste. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:

I forgot to ask---how do you all store your ribbon?

I have mine in a drawer in the armoire in my sewing room.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny,

I love your Easter block. So much detail! I can't imagine the hours you put into it.

Linny t:
I used to keep them on embroidery thread cards, but I didn't like the folds.

Me too. I had some new mini paint roller covers that have just a little pile to them. They make great "spools" for storing ribbon. Don't tell Mike that's where all of his covers went. LOL 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 11:42 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

I love your Easter block. So much detail! I can't imagine the hours you put into it.

Linny t:
I used to keep them on embroidery thread cards, but I didn't like the folds.

Me too. I had some new mini paint roller covers that have just a little pile to them. They make great "spools" for storing ribbon. Don't tell Mike that's where all of his covers went. LOL 

LOL, I won't.  Mini paint rollers...Are those the ones that are like 6" long and only an inch or so wide?  They kind of remind me of finger size.  What a great idea!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 11:43 AM

Lillie:

awww Linny, that is just too cute.

Thanks, Lillie.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 12:25 PM

Robin---so nice that so many of your students got recognized for their good work.  You must be very proud of them.  You taught them well.

It's 30 degrees today with leftover snow on the ground.  I have to go out for a few minutes and don't want to go.  I'm getting so spoiled being retired.  I have become such a hermit.  I have a new therapist---decided to change since my other one and I weren't getting anywhere.  New one wants me to get out more.  Since I'm feeling better, I think she is right.  Also the radiation thing from the computer makes me get away from staying on it so long. God has a way of re-arranging things. lol

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 7:25 PM

Diane:
God has a way of re-arranging things. lol
 Yes He does and I'm so thankful for it.  It's good to hear you'll be getting out more.  It's important, I think.. Although I told my DS that when I retire I'm not wearing anything but PJs the first entire month, lol.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
LOL, I won't.  Mini paint rollers...Are those the ones that are like 6" long and only an inch or so wide?  They kind of remind me of finger size.  What a great idea!

Yes. I had originally switched from floss holders to empty paper towel rolls. I saw that tip on Sharon Boggon's site. And then I saw the mini covers  laying out and a light bulb went off. LOL. They take up a lot less space and I can wrap several colors. Look better too. LOL, I'd love to leave mine hanging, but my house gets so dusty so fast with all the critters It's not practical for me. 

Page 86 of 251 (3764 items) «Prev8485868788Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use