rated by 0 users
This post has 3,333 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:34 AM

Here is the group.   http://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/forum/

the name of the Facebook is quilters quilting and I think one of us will need to add your name

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 6:15 AM

gini:

Here is the group.   http://www.quiltingaroundtheworld.com/forum/

the name of the Facebook is quilters quilting and I think one of us will need to add your name

Hi Gini, is this for?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 6:36 AM

Gini,

Thanks for the link and the info on FB.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,435

Stephanie:
I got an email with a link for a product that may help with the marker issues.

Re: the marker/pens....I got a set of different colored pens that disappear immediately with heat. As soon as you touch them with an iron they are gone.  I love them!  I believe I got them at MSQC, but I am sure they have them other places.  The name is FRIXION Erasable Gel Pen by Pilot.

I started rearranging/cleaning my sewing room yesterday. We are going to move my sewing table to a different side of the room; where it is now, when the afternoon sun comes in the window, it blinds me and I can't see what I am doing.  I will be facing the wall when we move it, but I can turn my head and see out the window.  Believe it or not, George likes to change things/furniture around.  Most men want things left as they are.   In going through my stuff, I found that I have duplicate of some rulers; and I don't think I have used any of them.  I put all my rulers in one box so that I can see what I have and what I need to use when I need it.

George has oatmeal cooked for breakfast, so got to go.    Hugs, Jo 

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 9:47 AM

Norma Doll:
I started rearranging/cleaning my sewing room yesterday. We are going to move my sewing table to a different side of the room; where it is now, when the afternoon sun comes in the window, it blinds me and I can't see what I am doing.

No fun to have the sun in your eyes when you're trying to do something for sure. That's so nice that George likes to rearrange. I just love being organized, don't. Saves time and money over buying duplicates. I have a standing letter holder from the office supply store that I stand my small rulers up in. Really handy for being able to find them. I have my large ones hanging on the wall behind the door. Now that I know where everything is I need to be using them! LOL.

Keep us posted on your progress and how you like your new arrangement.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 11:43 AM

Stephanie:

This week I've had the honor of working for a really long time friend. I've known him since 1983. We used to work together years ago. We hadn't seen each other often through the years, but he's one of those people that it's always like yesterday. It's been a great time catching up. He thinks the world of my hubby too, and has told me how much he's appreciated everything he's done there.

He's been going through his house and gifting stuff. Yesterday he gave me a really pretty Victorian magnet board and today dove into his M&M collection and gifted me some of his Christmas ones. He's been collecting them for years and years. They're so cute. Even though I don't need to be adding another thing in this house, my sentimental self will find a place and remember him fondly every time I look at them. I know most of you can relate. Sometimes, there are just people that touch our lives with such a purity and innocence. They deserved to be remembered. I can see life has taken a toll on him. Looking at his weight and his ankles I see signs of congestive heart failure coming on. Not going to think about that. Just the happy cheerful person he is.

I love how you describe it as an "honor"  working for your long time friend.  That's a long time to have someone as a friend in this changing world.  It's hard for me now to look at people and see age creeping up on them.  I just remember how energetic, vibrant and beautiful they once were and it seems like such a darned shame to me that there has to be such a thing as aging.  I know that's the only way things work, but I sure wish it wasn't.  How nice that you spent that time with him now.  No telling what tomorrow will bring, is there?   Hopefully he'll live on a long time and you'll get to spend more time with him in the future.  Nice that you came away with the magnetic board.  It sounds lovely and you'll think of him fondly every time you use it.  It sounds like Mike got to spend time with him, too, and helped him out so much.  As I grow older I think that you can really tell who your friends are when you need help with something.  Sometimes it's a surprize to see who shows up to help. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 12:53 PM

Norma Doll:

Stephanie:
I got an email with a link for a product that may help with the marker issues.

Re: the marker/pens....I got a set of different colored pens that disappear immediately with heat. As soon as you touch them with an iron they are gone.  I love them!  I believe I got them at MSQC, but I am sure they have them other places.  The name is FRIXION Erasable Gel Pen by Pilot.

I started rearranging/cleaning my sewing room yesterday. We are going to move my sewing table to a different side of the room; where it is now, when the afternoon sun comes in the window, it blinds me and I can't see what I am doing.  I will be facing the wall when we move it, but I can turn my head and see out the window.  Believe it or not, George likes to change things/furniture around.  Most men want things left as they are.   In going through my stuff, I found that I have duplicate of some rulers; and I don't think I have used any of them.  I put all my rulers in one box so that I can see what I have and what I need to use when I need it.

George has oatmeal cooked for breakfast, so got to go.    Hugs, Jo 

I purchased a yellow Frixion pen to use on black/dark fabrics. I'm still waiting for the mark to go away. It's been over a year. Every once in a while I take the piece out and put a hot iron to it to see if it will work. Still there. Luckily it was just a piece of fabric that I did not care about and was just using it as a learning piece for a class. When I told my LQS she said I must have done something wrong. My response was that I bought the pen on her recommendation at her shop. We've moved on from that encounter and all is right with the world.

I think as I get older I have grown less tolerant of people saying things like that to me. And when they stand in the middle of the isle and talk that just bugs the snort  out of me. I just want to yell that they are not the only 2 people in the store! OK, I'm off my soap box. IDK where all of that came from. lol

Jo-don't throw your rules away. You can donate them to a thrift store or something like that.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:01 PM

Hi Gini------I am interested in the group--how do I look into it?

Stephanie---I have your block out looking and deciding what to do.  It's a process!  Could we send the blocks on April 1st?  Since we got a late start?

I too am in love with this group.  I still look for it first  in my mail list.  It's so fun and nice!

Robin---Wish I could come to the dinner!

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:06 PM

Gini---I will check the group out on facebook.

If anyone wants to "friend" me on facebook it's  Diane Giese Bean.

Stephanie---so nice that you could spend time with your friend.  This happened to me--I found a friend that lived with me 10 years ago.  She continues to be one of my best friends.  It's nice that he is giving you sweet gifts.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 1:47 PM

I used the Flexon pens for the work quilt that I made.  They washed out.  Lillie--They do erase even though it takes a while.  I think they could be used if they match the fabric that you are using so you can barely see it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 3:17 PM

Diane:

Stephanie---I have your block out looking and deciding what to do.  It's a process!  Could we send the blocks on April 1st?  Since we got a late start?

I too am in love with this group.  I still look for it first  in my mail list.  It's so fun and nice!

I'm OK with mailing the blocks out again April 1. I just got started on Robin's block last night. I did not get very far because I was too lazy to trudge back upstairs and get all my silk ribbons. I could have started on a different area, but I was to lazy to think what I wanted to do next.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 3:17 PM

Diane:

I'm OK with mailing the blocks out again April 1. I just got started on Robin's block last night. I did not get very far because I was too lazy to trudge back upstairs and get all my silk ribbons. I could have started on a different area, but I was to lazy too think what I wanted to do next.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 3:20 PM

I was using the yellow on black fabric. I can probably quilt it out using a lighter shade of gray. Oh, that could be the title of a song.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 4:50 PM

Lillie:
I'm OK with mailing the blocks out again April 1. I just got started on Robin's block last night. I did not get very far because I was too lazy to trudge back upstairs and get all my silk ribbons. I could have started on a different area, but I was to lazy too think what I wanted to do next.  lol

Lillie, you are so funny---my problem is not laziness, it's planning and anxiety.  I have to get over that!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Feb 21 2014 6:04 PM

Linny t:
It's hard for me now to look at people and see age creeping up on them.  I just remember how energetic, vibrant and beautiful they once were and it seems like such a darned shame to me that there has to be such a thing as aging.  I know that's the only way things work, but I sure wish it wasn't.

Me too. The part of the circle of life that creeps up on us. It's like in my mind I'm still in my twenties, and yet the mirror and bones tell me otherwise. 

Linny t:
Hopefully he'll live on a long time and you'll get to spend more time with him in the future.
I hope so too. He wants us all to go out to dinner, and by golly we will make it happen. 

Page 80 of 223 (3334 items) «Prev7879808182Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use