My Day 3

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,105 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 3:16 PM

I have also had trouble getting on the site.

I have been so lazy the past few days---I have things to do but just don't seem to have the motivation.  One thing is the other day I woke up to a cold apartment.  It was 5 degrees outside,  I turned the oven on and left it open 3 " and it felt better.  A couple of hours later, the heat came on.  What's happening is that the pipes  are bursting.  They are constantly fixing.

A friend came by yesterday and she had not had heat all day.  She bundled up, as well as her teen grandson.  

We have about 5 women in the building who are church members and we do look out for each other.  

They had heat on the first 2 floors and offered coffee and donuts and pizza in the afternoon.  It's just all this  unusually cold weather.

We got a few inches of snow---no problem.  They advised people not to go out and I guess closed school for the day.

Not like in New England.  They really got hit.   

I finally got the pink block done and ready to mail.  I loved that block----just the different pinks  were gorgeous.  I can post pics later if you want.  I'll put it in the mail today.

So glad to get back on.

Everyone have a great day!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 4:53 PM

Diane, glad to see you online.  This site has been crazy the last couple of days.  It sounds like your building needs a whole new heating system.  Nice that you all stick together.  Good neighbors are a good thing, for sure.

I always get lazy when it's cold.  Sounds like you had fun working on the pink block, though.  Can you post a pic.  I love looking at your work.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,016
Points 64,990
Robin replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 6:22 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Running late today so this will have to be short.

The soup went well.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

Hope you all have terrific Friday with plenty of warmth for everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 6:56 AM

Thank you for the link to Victorian Charm RR. It took over a minute for that page to load.

I'm wondering if we should have everyone's email addresses just in cast there is a problem with this site again. This week has been really bad for me and I've had to do some private messaging.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 11:24 AM

Linny t:

With all the trouble this site has been having, I decided to copy the addresses, etc. into an email and sent it to myself in my gmail account.  You all might want to do this, too, just in case...

I think it's a good idea if we have an alternate way of making contact.  There are a couple of people I still don't have emails for.  Does everyone have a Facebook account?  If so, we could use that.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 1:57 PM

Linny----this building does need a whole new fix-up with the pipes.  When the heat is on though it is very good.  Lots of heat.  The owners said if they would replace the system, we would have to leave the building and stay at a hotel--at their expense.  It happened years ago with a big flood.  It took a month and everyone was in a hotel.  I don't know how I would manage getting all my critters there!

This the second week that Friday sneaked up on me!  I got up thinking it was Thursday and all of a sudden it's Friday!! lol   I have been trying to get to bed earlier so I can go to church at 8:30.  Torture to me!!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Fri, Jan 24 2014 2:18 PM

Here is the work I did on the pink block.  Didn't do the big flower.  I wanted to do something different but I was rushed.  I think she will love her block.  I did the roses and beaded lace.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 25 2014 5:23 PM

Diane, I can see why you loved working on this block.  It's so soft and feminine.  Your work is beautiful as always.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,016
Points 64,990
Robin replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 6:40 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a time yesterday trying to access this site.  I think it has to do with the volume of people on it at certain times of the day.   Because getting on early in the morning seems to be fine.

Well yesterday was scrub and wax the kitchen floor day yesterday.  I love the way it looks but I hate that it took all day to get it done.  But that's life and it's a once a year job so I will not complain any further.   

I still have some bits to sew down on my block but I should have no problem mailing it on the first.

Diane,  Your work is beautiful as always.   I hope you are able to keep warm during this round of cold.

Happy Sunday Everyone,

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 7:26 AM

Here's a copy of an email I got from Lillie.  

Hi Ladies,
I can't get on the web site at all. Please let everyone know that I am reading there posts, but can't respond. I do have a Facebook acct, but can't remember what my name is. I know that I play some of the same games as Diane. Maybe she can let everyone know what my name is and they can contact me that way. Or, more preferable to me, just send me an email to this acct.
Thanks and Happy Saturday.
Lillie
I got on this morning, but still can't access my home page.  
Robin, kudos for the floor work.  That's very hard and very rewarding.  
Today I will be all about getting my patches sewn on my block.  Wish me luck.    
Hope you all have a lovely Sunday...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 7:35 AM
Here's a copy of a post from Lillie that I got in my personal email.
Hi Ladies,
I can't get on the web site at all. Please let everyone know that I am reading there posts, but can't respond. I do have a Facebook acct, but can't remember what my name is. I know that I play some of the same games as Diane. Maybe she can let everyone know what my name is and they can contact me that way. Or, more preferable to me, just send me an email to this acct.
Lillie

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 7:56 AM

Linny t:

Here's a copy of a post from Lillie that I got in my personal email.
Hi Ladies,
Lillie

OMG! I got right on this morning (Sunday). Happy Sunday everyone...

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Sun, Jan 26 2014 6:48 PM

Linny---I don't see anybody's email here.  What did you decide to do?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,016
Points 64,990
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 4:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and ready to get the show on the road.   Going in a little early so I can take advantage of the peace and quiet to get things ready for this week.  It is set up to be an extremely odd one.   I'll be out Thursday with my Mom's surgery and then Friday to take some of the kids on a field trip. So there is a bit of organization that needs to be done.  With only one planning period this week (tomorrow) I figure I better make up some time somewhere.

I've posted by block in the media section for yall to see.   (Linny, I hope that was the right place.)   The block is done the booklet is almost done.  All I have to do is stitch it together.  So I should have it in the post by the deadline with no trouble.  

Diane,  I know everyone is having problems seeing messages and stuff so I thinking I can answer your question.   The addresses and contact information was sent to all of us through a private message at the beginning of the month.  There is phone numbers and email addresses as well as mailing addresses on that list.   I simply copied and pasted that list into a word document and printed it out.    Hope this helps.

I hope everyone else is had a great weekend and that your week is outstanding.

Here's a little Victorian Charm for you...

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 27 2014 9:13 AM

Diane, Lillie was talking about your personal email account.  Where you get your emails from other people besides QCA.

If anyone needs the address list for the RR and can't get onto their Home page here at QCA, let me know.  I haven't been able to get onto my Home page for days, so don't count on me seeing your message if you PM me there.

Linny T

Page 62 of 208 (3106 items) «Prev6061626364Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use